Life

Here is an insightful Inner Journey that I received the other day....I was talking to a friend of mine {Hi L!} and she was super sweet to compliment me on how I try hard to not get too wrapped up in things...at work...at home....that is because I tend to always have a full plate, I don't have the extra time or energy to 'waste'. Realistically, who doesn't have a full plate? I long for a "boring life"....LOL. I really believe that things happen for a reason...the good and the bad makes us stronger, wiser and hopefully a little more grateful.

Life comes with problems

"For a long time it had seemed to me that life was about to begin -- real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be got through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid. Then life would begin. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life."
-- Fr. Alfred D’Souza

Life always brings problems. We really can’t live without them.

And so it helps to shift our perspective. We can stop trying to avoid the problems. We can stop feeling victimized by what’s happening. Instead, we can consciously work with the challenge of the moment to learn more about ourselves and the world. When we make this shift in attitude, we discover ourselves to be strong and powerful.

"Every lesson is a widening and deepening of consciousness. It is a stretching of the mind beyond its conceptual limits and a stretching of the heart beyond its emotional boundaries. It is a bringing of unconscious material into consciousness, a healing of past wounds, and a discovery of new faith and trust."
-- Paul Ferrini

Comments

these are good words to live by. i love reading stuff like this . gives me a deeper insight on things, at least the serious side of me. tfs
chat
Anonymous said…
Fabulous quotes ... thanks for sharing them.