Ruffled Bloom ala A Muse


I'm taking a class via the amazing Julie Ebersole at mycreativeclassroom.com. Actually, I'm taking 2 of her classes :) This card is for session 1 of the Simply Great Card Design. We were suppose to find an inspiration for a card..make a sketch and create. I'm not a sketcher, I do everything in my head...I do some mock ups...probably recycle some designs...and eventually things fall into place for me. This is a great example of how I work. I cut out 2 white panels to work with and ended up recycling both of them. I couldn't find a branch/leaf image that would work. The sizes were all wrong along with the boldness of the images. I ended up using my Stampendous Ruffled Bloom.

Can you see the stitching? It cracks me up everytime I sew....I'm constantly talking to myself....I'm trying really hard to get a handle on the speed. I almost stitched the white panel down too but thought that I didn't want to risk any sewing mishaps which would make me have to recycle the entire card...I am using my precious Wild Wasabi....

~deets~
Stamps: Stampendous Ruffled Bloom, A Muse
Paper: Stampin' Up So Saffron & Wild Wasabi
Ink: Stampin' Up So Saffron & Wild Wasabi
Accessories: Wild Wasabi Stitched Ribbon
Techniques: Sewing

Comments

Carla said…
Amy, I love this card! It's simple and beautiful! I bet Julies class is wonderful, maybe I can take one this summer. During the school year I pretty much just fly by the seat of my pants!
Tandra said…
I love this card, and the inspiration!! those color sare hot now! lol
Lucky you to take a class from Julie!! Im green with envy!
Thakns for visiting my blog!
Anonymous said…
It's a beautiful card..love the soft feel of it, and the stitching is perfect...and I'm with you on talking to yourself...I do it all the time!

Can't wait to hear more on Julie's class...I'm so curious, not sure if I should take the plunge!
Shelly said…
I love this card and the color combos...perfectly matched with your inspiration! Great sewing job too!
Anonymous said…
Amy - these pillows are a great inspiration....and I love how your card turned out - its beautiful!!!
Lisa Carroll said…
This is just wonderful. I love your interpretation of the inspration pieces! And your stitching is spot on... perfect!

I am hoarding my Wasabi... so sad to see it retire in just a few months! *sniff sniff* What are we going to do?!