wasabi


I mentioned before that I'm a lucky duck to take classes from the spectacular Julie Ebersole {SCS aka JulieHRR}...this is one that I made via her FABulous Kawaii-sian Inspired Greetings on mycreativeclassroom.com. I LOVE to learn new techniques and to venture outside my comfort zone. It sounds measley but on this card I drew the black border by hand {gasp! no stamp for that?!}...that is huge for me. When I use to scrapbook {loooong time ago} I would do all my journalling via the computer...I just like the clean and consistent lines of computer generated text. The other new technique for me is the very pale blue border around the sushi plate {hmmm, can't really see it in the photo but it is there!}...I've been noticing this ALOT these days...that sparked my Copic Club membership via Gina K Designs...


Aren't the images on the card absolutely adorable? It is a new A Muse set named sushi. It cracks me up...both my parents were born in Japan....but I don't use chopsticks...prefer a fork to shovel my food in {thank you very much}....don't touch the raw sushi stuff....don't use wasabi {well, except the wonderful wild wasabi paper made my Stampin' Up!}...


Stamps: A Muse
Paper: A Muse
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black, Warm Red Chalk, various Marvy Twinklette markers

Comments

Lauren said…
Really love the colors and the "border". Great work.
Anonymous said…
Gorgeous!!! Totally love the orange and green together. That's my current favorite color combo right now although I haven't really used it :D Great job with the black line and yes, wish I can see the blue.

Ok, what is wrong with you? No chopsticks, no wasabi, no raw fish??!?!?!? If I can eat raw fish everyday, I probably would. Our favorite food is sushi!!!

It's so funny though. My very good friend is half Japanese. She uses chopsticks and eat raw fish but she'd lift her fish on top of the rice and dig out the wasabi under there. Of course I always give her a hard time :D

Alright, enough harassment from me :D Have a great day!!!
Carla said…
Hey Amy, just stopping by for my simply beautiful inspiration! I could see the blue outline perfectly when I clicked on the pic, and your black border is perfect! I think we are in a trend right now of putting a little bit of handwork back into our cards-it's okay that they aren't perfectly perfect. that makes them perfect!:)
Anonymous said…
This rocks. I know what you mean about hand drawing that border. I'm impressed!