Singing Scarlet Crane

Last night was one of those nights...we went to the my daughter's honors awards ceremony {woo hoo! she is one smart cookie}...then I decided to take the kids out for icecream {luckily we beat the rush}...my daughter was suppose to make a brookie {brownie/cookie} to take to her honor's class today, she procrastinated and said she would do it after the awards ceremony...I knew it wasn't going to happen, she was in charge of making it. {translation = I'm picking something up at the store this morning}..my son asked me to make a card...last night...15 minutes before bedtime....they are writing letters to kids in China, earthquake survivors....how could I say no?

My son went through all my individual stamps and picked the Hanko Designs "Singing Crane" image and wanted the word "peace". This is what I came up with...I originally started my design wth bashful blue and black...when I was looking through my Basic Grey Scarlet Letter paper pack, I knew that I had to use the red pattern designer paper....I used my stampin' up black marker on the peaceful wishes stamp and just inked up peace...

My son loves the card, that was a great way to end my evening.
Here is some information about the symbolism of cranes:

Cranes or "tsuru" in Japanese, are possibly one of the oldest birds on earth and has a long history in Japanese traditions and legends. The crane is among the most majestic of all cranes. Pure white with a magnificent red-crest.

Legend hold that the crane lives for a thousand years. In Japanese, Chinese and Korean tradition, cranes stand for peace and long life. Folded white paper origami cranes are often placed at memorial parks to symbolize peace. Folded paper cranes are also given to ill people to wish them a quick recovery. It is said that 1000 folded paper origami cranes makes a wish come true.

I thought it was wonderful that my son picked out a crane or "tsuru" for the card:)
Thanks for taking the time to read...my posts are not usually so "text heavy". I have been tagged by Julia over at Create with Me. Please be sure to check out her most fabulous blog, she is wonderfully creative. I'll post my answers to the tag tomorrow:)
-----------------------------------------------------
stamps: hanko designs singing crane & stampin' up peaceful wishes paper: misc black & basic grey scarlet's letter ink: versafine onyx black & stampin' up black marker accessories: stampin' up oval punch, may arts black silk ribbon & safety pin

Comments

Lauren said…
This is so awesome. It really pops!
Allison Rankin said…
Me loves it...so much drama!
Anonymous said…
We had a co worker that went through Chemo she was Japanese and all the Chicagoland Paper Source stores helped fold 1000 paper cranes for her it was SO awesome! she has it hanging on a corner at her house :)
beautiful card!