Happy Chandelier Day!!!

Happy Friday!!!

This has gone postal to my dear blogging friend Susan. Chances are she hasn't received it BUT I wanted to end the week with it. We are having a friendly chandelier competition. She brings up the concept of connections. Isn't it wonderful to have connections? Whether it is with family and friends....people you see on a daily basis....to dear friends that you don't get to see too often....to people that you meet via blogging...or new connections, the people that you are just getting to know.
Connections are good for the soul...

Thank you Susan for being a fabulous blogging connection....you really help me ponder things with your thought provoking posts...

We're enjoying a mini vacation on one of the
San Juan Islands. The cottage that we are staying at is, well, rustic....but check out our view! It totally makes up for everything else...I just love ferry boats...riding them...seeing them...My kids were thrilled to take the ferry boat but more excited to buy "bugles" out of the vending machine...doesn't that crack you up? We brought tons of junk food {& fruit} and they are willing to spend the big bucks on the vending machine...ahhhh...to be a kid again.

I hope you have a magnificent weekend!!!

------------------------------------

stamps: b line designs ink: versafine vintage sepia paper: stampin' up chocolate chip, misc ivory accessories: stampin' up pretties kit, wide dark brown grosgrain from rabom, wide green stitched grosgrain from old navy, my janome...I've missed her....lol

Comments

Anonymous said…
Amy have fun on your vaca i love that Pin
Jenn said…
Beautiful, beautiful card!!! Love the color combo and every little detail...just fabulous!!! Hope your enjoying your mini vacay!!! :D Sounds like the kiddos are having a blast!!! :D
AJ said…
I AM so JEALOUS!
I would love a trip to the islands!!!
We haven't gone in a long time!!
Love the chandelier card!!!
Catherine said…
just clicked on the site ... wow! have fun =) love your card
Angie Tieman said…
Oh heavenly days!! This card just sent my heart a-racing! So beautiful!! You win! *wink*
Savitri said…
Oh WOW! This is just gorgeous. I LOVE the stamp, the ribbon and that pin just pulls everything together. You have a winner here!!!
Allison Rankin said…
Loving the chandelier creations!
zakkalife said…
what a beautiful card, I love all these chandelier images I've been coming across lately

I would have been ecstatic too if I came across some bugles, I've been on the hunt for them ever since I was given a good sembei recipe to make with them

jessica
Carolina said…
What an amazing card Amy. Love the hat pin with the chandelier image.

Your view is amazing!!! Hope you guys have a blast.
Janine said…
Just beautiful Amy!!
Shelly said…
Hi Amy! Beautiful card! I'm jealous, your mini vacation sounds about perfect right now...and your view is definitely one to soak up! Hope it's relaxing!
Carla said…
You are always doing the most interesting things! I love to hear about them!! I also love the card~wonderful yummy ribbon treatment!
Susan said…
yep, I received this beauty, Amy!!! It sitting in the honor spot on my cabinet right now! lThanks so very much and I have to say you rose to the challenge...but alas I have found yet another chandelier image...

Love the ferry pic...brings many happy memories of our time living close to the P sound. Hope you had a wonderful time and found refreshment round every bend.
Such a gorgeous card with the fab stitching and yummy ribbon treatment! LOVE the hat pin!

How wonderful that you are able to take this mini vacation! Have a terrific weekend!!

hugs,
Jane
Julia Aston said…
Love your card Amy and all the stitching! Lucky Susan! what a wonderful minivacation you are having! looks like a lot of nature to calm and inspire you!
SmilynStef said…
The mini-vacation looks fabulous and I love that classy card.
Stacey said…
Gorgeous and seriously classy. Love the beaded pin ~x~
Anonymous said…
Amy - WOW - this card is so gorgeous!!! Love your passion for chandeliers and this on is definitely elegant looking!!!

BTW - I love all your cards and your beautiful simple style is rockin'!!!