Birthday Wallet



I tell you, this weather we've been experiencing has been plaguing us since mid-December. That's when we were suppose to get together to celebrate one of my older brother's birthday. In a way, it's been to my advantage since I didn't make him anything prior to the original celebration date :) I was inspired to make a birthday wallet via her majesty Julie Ebersole {JulieHRR}. Her version uses my well hoarded madeira paper {obviously I'm still keeping it well hoarded..lol!}. I decided to use my favorite speckletone kraft. The a-dorable epoxy "Make a Wish" sticker is by Creative Imaginations..opening the package almost made me pass out, the aroma was overwhelming. I originally bought the package of stickers to make cards for my sweet 'lil 1 year old nephew...I'm glad I didn't..they were stinky-guy-pan {an Amy'ism}...they are definitely okay to use for a 44 year old's birthday card though...heck we grew up consuming large quantities of MSG and raw eggs...what is a little toxic epoxy aroma? *LOL*


I matched up the RABOM ribbon to the itunes gift card...I also bought him a Home Depot card {you can see that orange peeking out}...that's why I designed the wallet like I did...I didn't want the blazing orange yelling out to him :) It's really for the honey-do list's...I decided to keep the embellishing to clean & simple..it is a wallet for a dude, and I doubt he'd want his all "dolled up"!

Comments

Julia Aston said…
What a great wallet gift card holder Amy! I love the kraft cs and the sticker - and the ribbon is just a super popping addition! nice stitching too! lucky guy getting two gift cards inside!

I got your lovely card (thank you!) and posted in Split coast in my Christmas Rak album!
Ann said…
How fun is this?! Love the idea of a "wallet," and that ribbon is awesome! :D
Rose Ann said…
I love your wallet, Amy!! Fun sticker, and fabulous & fun ribbon!! Great job!!
Corie said…
This is so cute!!
Anonymous said…
What a lovely wallet...got to try to do it one day soon! HUGS... SK.. :)
Anonymous said…
OMG you rock. This is so cute!!
Janine said…
FAbulous Amy!!! YOur brother will love it!! Have a wonderful Christmas holiday!
Savitri said…
That's just AWESOME!!! I LOVE the ribbon! Oh so yummy!!!!
Elaine said…
It's darling! I like the epoxy sticker but hate the smell - ugh! Some of my stamps are stinky that way...clear stamps I mean. Would you believe our outside pipe froze and then thawed today when we got temps above 32? AGH@@@@@@@@@ I'm sooooo tired of doing house things with B out of town.....blech!
Renata Moni said…
Hi, from Brazil!
LOved your work!
Great colors and design!
Merry Xmas!
Shelly said…
"MSG and raw eggs...what is a little toxic epoxy aroma?" How funny is this!! How true!! Adorable card!
Deb Wood said…
This is fabulous, love the bright colors and the ribbon is awesome!!
Susan said…
he's gonna love it, if and when you dig outta that white stuff! I really like the stitching, it inspires me to get out my machine!

Thanks
Latisha said…
LOVE this...I will have to make one of these after my move
Anonymous said…
Fabulous Amy!
lauren bergold said…
i loooooooooove both the concept and your version of the GC wallet thingie!!! how totally cooOOOoOoOOOOol!!!

(btw, i'd've mailed the thing and then blamed the "stinky-guy-pan" phenom on the post office!!!) :)

ps: can you imagine growing up and NOT eating raw cookie dough?!???!? (that's my entire pre-teen childhood gone, right there...not to mention 50% of the recipes i know how to make TO THIS DAY; i.e. tollhouse cookies!) heck, we rode bikes without helmets and went trick or treating by ourselves to the homes of people we did not know! what's a little msg...or toxic epoxy shock...compared to that eh?!?! (sigh) .......happy days........
Anonymous said…
This is simply adorable!
Anonymous said…
great little wallet!! Have a wonderful Christmas!
Carla said…
AHA!! You posted while I was in Denver!! Don't think you can get away with this! I will find and comment on them all! This is really cool, and I know that awful epoxy stink! I hope it mellowed out before you had to give it to your bro! We bought a toy for our youngest once and it actually came with a little note to ignore the, "distinctive odor," and that it would, "dissipate with time!"