Happy Basic Birthday!


I was asked to make a special birthday card {thanks T!}. It was funny, I just had a conversation about "custom" cards with some gals and they thought it was a "slam dunk" for me...easy smeasy. I typically ask for a color palette and then "go with it". It isn't easy smeasy for me because I want it to be special. On this Birthday card I worked with blues....and K&Co's Blue Awning is my favorite. I broke out my new Stampin' Up Curly Label punch and inked up the "thank you" image {without the thank you}. I have tons of Basic Grey rub-ons that I picked up when one of the local Paper Zones was closing up shop and decided on the fun birthday cake one. I glittered up the edges of the punch using my new Martha glue pen...it rocks!!! I'm still a huge fan of the Sakura Quickie Glue pen for my bling, but will start using the Martha pen for the glitter. I finished off the card with my janome...stitched all the panels together...I certainly would not do that with mass produced cards...only the special ones.
------------------------
stamps: stampin' up curly label ink: stampin' up night of navy paper: k&co blue awning, stampin' up river rock accessories: stampin' up curly label punch, basic grey rub-ons, janome

Comments

Jenn said…
Beautiful! :D Love the stitching and sparkle on the label! :D
Lauren said…
This is so pretty. Love the colors and the layout.
Marlou McAlees said…
this is absolutely beautiful Amy, fab papers :) x
Catherine said…
whatever you make always looks so smeasy for you :)
this is one gorgeous paper
lauren bergold said…
stampin' up makes an artisan label punch you say...hmmmmmmmmm... :)

well, of course i believe EVERYTHING YOU SAY...but nothing you do ever looks like it wasn't effortless...i think it's an "elegance" thing...let's face it you've just GOT THAT, sista!

i have bought those BG birthday rubs in black & white at least 3 times each...they are practically on my "basic needs" list...but i don't think i use 'em as well as you do! ♥
Oh this is gorgeous! Love the stitching and the sparkle! Are you telling me there's another glue pen I need to try? lol!
Angie Tieman said…
Very pretty! Excellent paper combination and beautiful stitching!
Melissa said…
I love this. I want my bedroom to look like this.

How hard could that be...???
Anonymous said…
Hi Amy! I gotta look into that Martha pen. And also, I'm just starting out, so I have a ways to go before I can stitch anything...how do you like your Janome? Curious to know if that's the best machine to buy?
Carolina said…
I so love your long cards! This one is not exception and thanks for the heads up on MS's glue glitter...I'm always looking for greatest and best out there!
Elaine said…
Too smart, and your card is too cute, Amy! You will have to show me how you ink up that stamp w/o the Thank you...I can't visualize it. Glad you got your stamps&punch though! :)
Latisha said…
Love this Amy, the stitching is a perfect touch. I will have to check out Martha's glue.
Carla said…
Amy, this is stunning! I love that label puch, and the stitching and glitter make this really special. Thanks for the tip about adding bling with the Quickie. I always use Diamond Glaze, which is kind of hard for the tiny stuff. I forget about the Quickie!
Rose Ann said…
What a great card!! I love the pretty papers, stitching, and sparkle on your label!! Love this, Amy!!
Savitri said…
Awesome, awesome!!! I don't have that punch. I should cut something like that with my KnK. Very nice!
Julia Aston said…
Love the map paper and the contrasting blue - super stitching on this Amy!
Pat (mspfd) said…
Wow! Stunning card. What a gorgeous shade of blue. That DP rocks. Love all the details. This card has a fresh, unique look!
Ann said…
LOVE that shade of blue! Beautiful card! :D