Hau`oli Lā Hānau!!

Happy Snowy Friday!!!

Are you wondering what "Hau`oli Lā Hānau!!" means? It is "Happy Birthday!!" in Hawaiian! We celebrated a co-worker's birthday on Tuesday. Debbie is from Hawaii so I knew that I was going to use my a-dorable
Imaginisce Penguin Chick and A Shore Thing coordinating papers. Her bikini top and flower are colored in with my Stampin' Up Cameo Coral marker. Her hula skirt is Memento Pear Tart, yes it has a glitter-licious waist band :) One of the gal's in the office {actually there is more than one but...} is a cooking/baking guru. Upon the Birthday Girl's request, she made a Chantilly Cake. It looked delish...I didn't partake in that part of the festivities because 1. I assure you that last Saturday I consumed enough calories for the rest of the year and 2. I'm lactose-intolerant and didn't have any meds with me...enough said about that :)

I tell you, this cold front made the kids/me miss school/work 4 days this week...yes, it is that bad. In a pinch, we can walk to the grocery store but luckily it hasn't gotten to that point {I'm one of those gal's that is always cold..even with sweaters on}. The kids are lovin' the weather...me? I don't like not being able to just "hop in my car" kwim? I just have a smidge more Christmas shopping to do that I haven't been able to get to because of the snow...Realistically if it doesn't get done it's okay but, I'd love to just get it completed.

Over the weekend I'll post some great tips that I read about in my most recent Real Simple...love that mag!
------------------------------------
stamps: imaginisce penguin chick paper: stampin' up wild wasabi, imaginisce a shore thing ink: stampin' up cameo coral, memento pear tart & rich cocoa, signo white gel pen accessories: circle scallop punch, coluzzle, martha glue pen, dazzling diamonds, bling, prima flower, rabom ribbon

Comments

Jenn said…
I love it!!! That penguin is super adorable! :D
JenMarie said…
OMGosh, how CUTE is this?!!!!
I'm such a penguinaholic!
Janine said…
Very sweet card Amy!! Love that little penguin!!
Anonymous said…
I'm dying over here for the penguin cuteness of your card! I love that set! Can't believe the weather is that bad. 4 days? Wow! Thanks for showing me another great site (imaginescence). Love learning from you!
Ann said…
Too cute! I have this stamp--I didn't know there was coordinating paper!!!! :D

We had ice overnight, so Christmas break started a day early for me. Luckily, I finished the shopping yesterday. I'm tackling the last of the xmas cards today.
Susan said…
love the penquin hula chick! I'm sure she was a huge hit with the birthday girl!

I'm down here shivering with you...cleaning house acutally and blurfing is my break! Gotta go...stay warm
Anonymous said…
Thank for stoping by my blog... your work is beautiful too and I will be adding you to my list of blogs to follow.
KeeponScrappin said…
Cute. I ♥ penguins. My lil' one ♥'s them too.
Jo said…
hi amy, love your blog and love your style. very inspiring.
Carolina said…
Eek, so cute! The penguin is adorable!
Latisha said…
super cute. Gotta love those penguins! I'm lactose intolerant too, we are destined to be friends lol >"<
Carla said…
Oh, is this ever cute! I love these happy penguins! I have really been liking happy stamps lately and these are HAPPY!
Elaine said…
Makes me warm just seeing this nice Hawaiian image! :)
Anonymous said…
Oh wow! Those are totally cute penguins!!! Fabby card! :oD
Stacey said…
This is the cutest Amy! Love all the bright colours and the gorgeous little penguin.

I'm always cold too - drives Ali nuts that I go to bed with a hot water bottle 365 every night of the year! ~x~
Stacey said…
This is the cutest Amy! Love all the bright colours and the gorgeous little penguin.

I'm always cold too - drives Ali nuts that I go to bed with a hot water bottle 365 every night of the year! ~x~
Julia Aston said…
what a fun Hawaiian b'day card! I just love that paper!

Yikes with the cold Amy! hope you guys thaw out soon!
Shelly said…
Love these little penguins, how cute! I know what you mean about the snow and cold...it finally warmed up to 1 degree and it's 9:42pm here!
Deb Wood said…
This is soooo adorable!! It's been snowing here for 3-4 days straight. I could use a Hawaiin Holiday!! TFS!