make a wish!

I made this card for a co-worker of mine. I knew that I was going to make this for her after spotting Elena's of The Stamping Shac version. Dang, that girl can mask...you know me and my bling, I did that to help the transition of the police and the cake...if you check out Elena's version, hers is perfection. I had already made a mistake on an earlier version on my precious Fabriano...I couldn't bear the thought of another one going into the scrap dungeon. Here's the funny thing, the birthday girl said it would have been even better if the police dude didn't have a shirt on {good grief....that would mean hand drawing...etc...I stamp for petey sakes because I can't draw...rolling my eyes!}. The Police hat and shirt are paper pieced...I learned that from my earlier version...coloring in with copics just wasn't cutting it...I had to resort to fussy cutting. I finished off the cake with my signo white gel pen...all the images are ala A Muse.


Comments

Ann said…
Woooo! Is it hot in here, or is it just this card? I can only imagine the shirtless version! ;)
Sparkplug17 said…
This is too cute! Hey, are you going to take any of Julie's Valentine classes in January at Amuse?
Carla said…
It's adorable, and perfect just the way it is! She wouldn't want any cop I drew, I can assure you! Happy New Year!!
Laura said…
I love this card. Too cute!
Julia Aston said…
A man (in uniform!) coming out of a cake! can't get much better than that huh!?!?!?! what a fun card Amy! You are so good on your Fabriano's I'm shocked that you made an error (like I always do!!)
Cindy Haffner said…
Adorable, Happy New Year.
Cindy Haffner said…
Adorable, Happy New Year.
Joy said…
love how you clothed your guy coming out of the cake! good job! hope you have a wonderful new year!
Elaine said…
OMG Amy, Tooo flipping cute! You need to look at where you put the jewels though...lol just kidding! ;-)
Susan said…
yeah those family JEWELS are a tad too high, Amy!!!
This is just the most fun card...and I agree with you about the drawing stuff...that's for real artists I say!

I did make it to the p.o. yesterday!!! by the way!
Lauren said…
That card is just ducky - love it! Great lot too!
Rose Ann said…
This is very cute, and your masking is great!!
lauren bergold said…
oh YUM!!!
(& i mean that in every conceivable sense of the word!) :)
Savitri said…
Oh cue!!! Awesome technique too!!!
Angie Tieman said…
Fabulous card! I'm impressed with all that detail work!
Ashley Newell said…
LOL! This is awesome!