Merry Figgy & Goodies

Figgy Pudding by Basic Grey...
something that I picked up from Splitcoaststampers buy board...I've been hoarding it, not wanting to use it for any of my Holiday Gift Sale cards....LOL. I saw the CPS Sketch 94 and thought it would be perfect for the mix of patterns. I was actually inspired by Laura Williams' "Joy Together" but my card ended up taking a life of its own. I love when that happens but typically that equates to a HUGE messy work surface and yup, that's what happened last night.
I used Kitchen Sink Stamps Playful Christmas on the Top Note Die. Do you see the hint of glitter along the edge? The gorgeous velvet ric rac ribbon is ala Jody Morrow of Confessions of a Ribbon Addict. It turned out to be a pretty "busy" card, especially for me but, like I've been saying lately, I'm lovin' blue and red together.
I also wanted to share what I recently received from the most fabulous Julia Stainton of Belle Papier. I won one of her magnificent blog candy drawings. Her sense of style is so unbelievably gorgeous...sooo shabby chic and feminine...
--------------------------------
stamps: kitchen sink playful christmas, stampin' up warm words paper: basic grey figgy pudding, stampin' up riding hood red ink: stampin' up riding hood red, versafine vintage sepia accessories: velvet ric rac, stampin' up top note die, dazzling diamonds, martha glue pen

Comments

Angie Tieman said…
Beautiful card!! I've been using my Figgy Pudding paper too, but it's not easy! lol! Awesome blog candy too, lucky girl!
Michelle said…
Oh Amy!! What a gorgeous card!!! I love visiting your site. You're fabulous. I hope you and yours have a holiday filled with all the things that make your heart leap.

Michelle
Pinky Roth said…
Amy, this is fab, gf! I love it and your creativity is awesome.
Carla said…
Oh, this is beautiful! Not too busy for me!! The glitter border is a spectacular touch! Lucky you on the blog candy!! Congrats!!
JenMarie said…
Oh I so totally L O V E this! FABULOUS!
Rose Ann said…
This is so gorgeous, Amy!! I love the papers and your popped trees!! Love the rick rack too!!
Pat (mspfd) said…
I think this is a spectacular design. Love that velvet ric rac!
KeeponScrappin said…
Wow Amy! Very pretty. I ♥ it!
Jenn said…
Beautiful card Amy!!! :D Love that BG paper! Have fun with all your goodies! :D
Julia Aston said…
What a fun long card Amy! love the papers and the trees - and you're not kidding it's not your usual - I don't think I've ever seen so much on a card from you!! but I love it - wonderful colors and 'stuff'!!!

and what a great package of supplies from Julia Stainton! how lucky for you to win that!! have fun creating with it all!! I'll be looking to see what you do!!
Lauren said…
Super cute card. That paper rocks!
Anonymous said…
Red and blue is super cute together! Love the glitter surrounding, nice touch, Amy! It's great cause I'm learning just by watching! Thank you!
Anonymous said…
Gorgeous card!!! I love that velvet ricrac... YUM!! :)
Susan said…
wow, that's a lonnnnnng tall sally, Amy!!! love that paper and what an awesome blog candy! Won't you have a blast playing with those goodies!

love, love, love the FIGGY!
Joy said…
this one came out great! doesn't the sparkle always add something more to the whole card! great job!
Tweetpea said…
Congrats and I love the inspired card. Happy Holidays!
Elaine said…
Figgy beautiful! That color combo is rockin cool, Amy! :)
Catherine said…
very pretty and great looking loot you got there :)
Anonymous said…
Oooh that is gorgeous, love how you've interpreted the sketch! And that label die, perfect!
Linda Beeson said…
I so love the colors and papers on your card and I just love what you did with the CPS sketch!
Elaine said…
Hey Chicka,
The black grossgrain with white stitching retails for $7/20 yards. I order full spools and get it for half that but we have to pay shipping....let me know if you want me to order it! :)

hugs,
Elaine
Ann said…
Yum! I love the papers on this card! :D
Carolina said…
Okay, my favorite card so far with this DP...though I'm sure I'll be saying that every time you post one of these cards...you are so rocking these papers!

Congrats on the blog candy...such yummy stuff!
Charity Hassel said…
fabulous card with the trees! thanks for using the cps sketch!