Vintage Butterfly Boy


This poor little guy is really neglected...a sweet image by Paperbag Studios. It's a fun size card, 2.5 x 5.5 inches. I discovered the size ala the Jennifer McGuire's blog...well, I went to try to find her precious card and couldn't....anyways, she had a skinny'ish card and I winged the measurements. The vintage designer paper is from K&Co that I've had forever {it was on sale for only $0.25!}. See that butterfly (btw, she is on dimensionals)? I bought the Martha punch at A Muse when I was there for the cupcake social. I edged the butterfly with my black Twinklette pen, {I stocked up on them when the Rubber Soul Redmond store closed shop...btw, I miss them} it adds a nice touch of sparkle. I added the matte gold dew drops for bling...gotta have the bling :)
**Darn it...I was trying to schedule this one for tomorrow...oh well, 2 posts in 1 day**
---------------------------------------
stamps: paperbag studios paper: speckletone kraft, stampin' up very vanilla ink: versafine vintage sepia, twinklette pen accessories: dew drops, martha butterfly punch, stampin' up corner punch dealio

Comments

Sandra MacLean said…
Love how the wings seem to glow!! The neutral colors are very soft and calming.
lauren bergold said…
ooooooooooooh i loveLOVElove the way you've gone all vintage collage-y...and still kept things quite calm and minimalist and FAB!!! (this is a GREAT size...and those brads in the corners...mmmmmmmmm!) :)
Cindy Haffner said…
Oh so precious, excellent job.
Rose Ann said…
What a great image, and I love the size and vintage feel of this!! Wonderful!!
Anonymous said…
Wow! This one is pretty neat, Amy! I just looked at the photo because I'm on my way to work, but I can't wait to read about it. Very inspiring. BTW...thank you so much for supporting a rookie like me and commenting on my stuff! It really helps!
Janine said…
Hey neighbor!!! Great card... I love vintage!!
KeeponScrappin said…
Hi Amy! I love the wings. Very vintage. Great card. ♥ it!
Susan said…
I like the intersting size...gonna hafta give it a try! Of course you had a great image to play with...the butterful punch and the vintage paper just adds to your theme.

And as for two post, I'm just impressed you've got two posts set and ready to go!!!

Stay warm.
Ann said…
Oooops! Your mistake is my gain--two of your great cards in one day! Great vintage card--I love the butterfly. :D
Carla said…
This is absolutely beautiful! I have loved working with soft colors lately! I have never seen those matte dew drops! They look terrific!!
Tanis said…
This is the second "not your average size" card I've seen today...LOVE this!!
What a great stamp....he looks fabulous in all those muted colours.
Latisha said…
Wow Amy, this is just great! What a wonderful stamp.
Marlou McAlees said…
this is really beautiful too Amy :) x
Julia Aston said…
What a great size! I'll have to try this one - love the angel/boy image and subtle coloring on this Amy!
Catherine said…
such a sweet card, Amy.
Angie Tieman said…
Awesome card! LOVE that vintage look, those butterfly wings and old paper are the best! I'll have to look for one of those black Twinklette pens, very cool look!
Savitri said…
Oh, you should do more of these! So so awesome!!!
Amy said…
Oh... simply stunning!