Merci Woodland

This is for CPS 102. Surprise, surprise....Sassafras Lass...this is the first time I cut into my Life is Beautiful-Woodland Whimsy. Unfortunately, I don't have very many sheets :( I wish I could find a local retail spot that carries the stuff... but for now, I tap into 2peas and ScrapGal. The first 2 layers of my scallop flower uses the Starbucks newspaper. I love the look of newsprint... You can't really tell in the photo, but I did fold up the scallop circles a bit to shabby'ize the layers. The Merci is a Making Memories rub-on, the button is from my vintage stash. I broke down and bought a couple different yards of crocheted trim at my local Ben Franklin store...it gives cards such fabulous texture. This card has gone postal to one of "d's" work friends that treated us to a great lunch at this very sweet place called Endolyn Joe's.

Comments

Angie Tieman said…
Ooooh! Super cuteness! Love the warm feel and the big layered scallop circles!
Marlou McAlees said…
stunning!!! really stunning card Amy :) x
Stacey said…
Gorgeous scallop flower Amy, great detail. Have a good weekend ~x~
Anonymous said…
This came out great, Amy! I need to check out this paper. Very nice! Happy Hearts Day!!!!
Susan said…
oh, yummm....breakfast maybe??? oh, right, we're talking about the card...love those yummy colors together, especially with the layered flowers!

Happy Friday....
~Lori Roop said…
Amy, the nestie layers are FAB!!
Love everything going on here!! Awesome job!
Peet said…
this is absolutely gorgeous, Amy!!!
Lauren said…
This is very cool. Love the layered scallops.
Sparkplug17 said…
Your card is so cozy! I love the warm colors.
Rose Ann said…
Great sketch card, Amy!! I love the pretty papers, lace, and big button!!!
ivy said…
love it! but amy--what exactly is that starbucks newsprint you are talking about?? is it the coffee cup sleeve? i am saving my coffee cup sleeves for a project (dunno what yet) but interested to know what you used. um, have you tried their shaken black tea lemonade? sorry--off topic but had to share :-)
Linda Beeson said…
Love what you did with the CPS sketch and those super great papers!
Ann said…
Whoa! I'm think I'm channeling you today...I made a scallop flower and used orange...freaky! ;)
Elaine said…
Hey I made a card that is sort of like this one! I may have a source for you to get the paper locally...if you dare. I'm jealous you got to go to Endolyn Joe's! I haven't been there in a couple years!! I hope we get togetha soon though for a little treat somewhere! :)

Hugs and Happy Valentine's Day Amy!
xxoo
E
Cheryl said…
What a pretty card!!! I love the newsprint paper too.
Kim Costello said…
Stunning card Amy, LOVE the flower and I think I'd have a little trouble cutting in to these gorgeous papers too! Thanks for your sweet comments, happy valentine's HuGs Kim :D
lauren bergold said…
well i ♥LOVE♥ this, obviously! ~duh~ who would NOT love this?!? yepper...pretty much anybody would spring for lunch just on the off-chance of scoring one o'these babies... (AWESOME layery flower!)
Anonymous said…
Beautiful card Amy! I love the layers of scallop circles made to look like a flower.