Whatta Hootski!

Today's card is based on Laura's sketch 22 over on 2 Sketches 4 You. I cut into some brand new American Crafts..stinkin' cute, huh?!! Here's a short story about that paper:

My Mom has me pegged...she compares me to my Uncle {her older brother} who is retired but was in banking all his life...very conservative when it comes to $$...here goes my translation of it: My Uncle will "need" 3 of something but he'll only buy 1....I'll "want" 3 of something and I'll buy 6...LOL. I'm trying to be better about it, really I am. Last week when I went into my local Ben Franklin craft store they had a whole bunch of new American Crafts Craft fair and backyard. I have 2 words for you: oy vey. My Mom would be so proud to hear that I only bought 3 sheets of paper...3 sheets...1 of 3 different designs...oh boy, I wanted to buy more...but I didn't, nope {deep breath}.

Those fun owls are cut from the American Crafts Craft Fair design called Lucy Hootski...isn't that fun?!!! Cracks me UP! They are sitting on a SU heart shaped chipboard that I daubbed white craft ink on...waited impatiently for it to dry then smeared Crystal Effects on it so that I could then pour dazzling diamonds on it. Everything is on glue dot pop dots...the chipboard heart is actually on double decker ones :)The buttons are my SEI after Christmas buy {sue-pah cheap!}..I've been really into making sentiment-less cards...

Remember to check back this weekend...I'll have some super blog candy up for grabs and you know what Sunday is....365 Cards Sketchy Sunday!!!

----------------------

paper: american crafts, speckletone kraft, stampin' up ruby red accessories: stampin' up chipboard, crystal effects, dazzling diamonds, sei buttons, stampin' up scallop border punch, rabom ribbon

Comments

Saskia said…
Oooh... love this owls!!! Cute card!!!

Greetings,
Saskia
Nancy Sanders said…
Oh my gosh, this is adorable. I love the pp. My daughter (she is a 1st yr 3rd grade teacher) and I are currently on an owl kick. I just love your quirky, cheery style!
Tina said…
Good heavens, this is incredible!
Laurel said…
So cute! I'm like you, trying so hard not to buy too many of something when I like it!
Marlou McAlees said…
oooooh I totally love this card Amy, what amazing paper and love those owls, your cards are just fabulous!! :) ♥
Jenn said…
Oh my what an adorable card! Love those two cute little owls and that paper is yummo! :D I really love the chipboard heart too...so sparkly! :D
~Lori Roop said…
Two words..Dawn Mcvey (I think thats how you spell he name)this reminds me of her style!

So cute Amy~ Super PP and the owls are a *hoot*!! :)
Anonymous said…
I just love it!!! I made a card with owls yesterday too!!! I ♥♥♥ owls!!! Would you just move to Florida and live next door to me!!! hahha

Have a good day today!!!
Martha said…
Love this card, the owls are so cute!
Martha
Melissa Sauls said…
You are right! Those owls are so super cute. Love looking at your projects.
Vicky said…
Gotta love those owls and I love that paper too! Nice job on only getting 3 sheets of paper - you're a stronger woman than I am :).
Rose Ann said…
Oh my gosh...this is adorable Amy!! Love the owls, pretty paper, and buttons!!
Anonymous said…
Oh Amy, man I just love ya! Crack me up to no end! I'm so with you on the need 3, buy 6. This owl card is so much fun. I love the placement and focus. Such a great job!
lauren bergold said…
hang on, hang on--you're saying you CUT INTO brand new AC paper of which there is only a very limited supply??! ok lady: WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YA DONE WITH *amy*??!??!? (lol) :)

gorgeous, gorgeous card--so fun...so fab...so *YOU*!!! (except for the whole un-hoardy part, that is!)
Stacey said…
You should have bought more! This is gorgeous paper! Love this cutie layout too ~♥~
~dawne said…
What a cute, cute card & I don't see how you only managed 3 sheets.....I would have bought more:)
Laura Davis said…
LOVE this!!!! Simply brilliant:)
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura
Anonymous said…
What an adorable card! Those owls are just the cutest! It's so hard to resist the pretty stuff.
Becky Carafa said…
Had to laugh at your story, of course you have to buy 6 because what if you run out? How cute is this card, love it!
Jill said…
This is so fun, funky and cute! Love it!
Jacilynn said…
Cute! great owls!!!!
KeeponScrappin said…
Amy! You're too funny. Okay you know me and paper. I just can't enough. I always tell myself "just a few"...end up with a hundred. heehee. If you only knew how many times I went back to one of our local scrapbooking store that's closing. I still want to go back. Everytime I come in, the lady behind the counter goes,"oh no it's the Basic Grey lady". Ok now what does that tell u....scary. lol. I love your card. I love AC paper. I had to get that collection. It's too cute.
Lauren said…
Fabulous layout and colors! Love the dimension.
Anonymous said…
ooooh gorgeous card !!! I love these AC-papers !!
Peet said…
Love your card, Amy!!! Gorgeous!
Kim Dellow said…
Just adore this to peices Amy :) Kim
Ginny said…
love the LO and the background story...I'd been soooo good not buying any DP as my stash is HUGE but I just HAD to buy a pad of DCVW papers the other day with the coolest owl papers in it...just HAD to..lol
Susan said…
I adore your card today, Amy and your story. Since I have been to YOUR Ben's I can just picture you roaming the aisles...have a wonderful weekend
Ann said…
Super duper ca-ute!!!!!
Unknown said…
Too stinkin' CUTE!
I can tell ya I am soo in love with those new AC papers! I limited myself to just 4 pieces, but man was that hard!

Have a great weekend!
Heidi
Unknown said…
Oh such a cute card Amy!! :)
Elaine said…
YOU are a hoot! Guess who else bought that American crafts paper....lol! YUP!! You are so good to use it up! I love your analogy of you and your uncle....cute...I think I might be like that with someone in my family - no all of my family is like that! lol
Velta said…
You are so right...too stinkin cute :)
Love the owls!!! Very cute card and bright and cheery too!! TFS
Cindy Haffner said…
Oh so darling, awesome job.
Carla said…
Adorable! Love the owls on the heart, and the scallops, and your new paper!
Savitri said…
Whoot whoot! Super cute!!!

My grandpa's like your uncle. I like buying more (craft) stuff than I need but it's fun :p My grandpa will for sure not like it :P
Unknown said…
cute story and equally cute card. Congrats on being part of the Fab 5! + 5.
Hugs
Kazan
jo said…
Cute card!! Congrats on being one of the fab 5+5!!
Julie Campbell said…
Oooh! Good find on the paper! I LOVE it! Your card is super cute! Thanks for playing along with the sketch!
Nancy Sanders said…
Ha, I missed this posting...well I wasn't doing that much blog hopping in March...I really relate with your comment...when I see something I want, I love, I need I buy way more than I should because if i like it I don't want to run out. I love this owl card...I am on an owl kick because my daughter is a 3rd grade teacher and she loves owls. You are such a hoot Amy, I just love following your creative endeavors.