Gift Card Holder with a Twist!

Woot Woot!!! Today kicks off Scor-it Week on the 365 Cards blog! Pam will be doing a tut on a gift card holder, I thought I'd join in on the fun. I googled gift card holder and came across Heather Nichols' blog, pine is here {she's actually in my google reader}. She has a cute gift card holder that I took and stepped it up a notch and well, used it for something other than a gift card..lol..take a peek.
Take a 4.25 x 11.5 inch piece of cardstock and score it at 3 inches from each end...flip it over and score it in the middle at 5.5 inches....it will then become a "w". {Please note, I was going to have a full blown tut with me scoring and everything but that would have meant that I needed another set of hands and both of my kids were snoozing on Saturday morning when I put this puppy together!} I sewed the middle mountain together and sliced the crease off...you'll see a pic in a smidge.

Here is the end product:

Can you say Amy Butler'licious with a touch of Doodle Factory?

This is an interior shot...do you see the panel with the "Cupcakes Forever"? I sewed the middle mountain together and sliced off the fold...used a circle punch to finish it off. No gift card here...just some cupcake'licious stamps ala M's {that's my twist..lol!!} Yup, that there would be a Martha cupcake sticker that I've been hoarding...the sentiment is a wood block M's $ stamp.

I just think that Amy Butler papers are sooo fun, happy & girlie...

Well, there you go...I had a fun, fun, fun time putting this little gift card holder together...the mini Scor-it is most fabulous...especially for me since I don't have my own dedicated room for all my treasures...space is at a premimum. The scores are truly crisp and most magnificent. For you gals that are mobile self-contained units, the mini would be perfect for you.

Naomi
...this my dear is for you!!! email me your snail mail and I'll pop it in the mail to you....why?
read this...and the first comment on this post...2 words for you...dingle balls...LOL!!

Okay, my peeps...this week over at 365 Cards promises to be jam packed...don't forget that I'll be back tomorrow with another Scor-it tut.

I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday and Easter...my kids aren't expecting it but they'll be getting an Easter basket from the old Easter Bunny with one of these cutie pies in it:



Comments

Anonymous said…
This is `gorgeous` Amy I might av to have a go at this now..and Amy Butler well ♥ her papers they have to be the Best for me!!!!
Hope your enjoying your Easter weekend.
`Happy Easter`
Have a lovely time:)♥
Tina said…
How wonderful and fun is this, especially with all that luscious paper. TFS
Happy Easter!
Steph said…
What a fabulous design! I love the Amy Butler papers - I have them and they're soooo gorgeous!
Jen D said…
LOVE this card- so cute! I think we are twins- I went to school thinking I wanted to be an interior designer or in advertising (the creative side), then somehow ended up a CPA with a creative bug :) What was I thinking!! :)
Ann said…
Oh, what a yummy way to kick off my Easter! Lovin' those papers. And how stinkin' cute is that little guy gonna be for your kiddos?! Too fun!
Vicky said…
This is SO cool, Amy!! I will definitely be making this one next time I need a gift card holder!
Carla said…
This is just the coolest idea ever!! I love it! It's just so perfect for RAKs!!

I think I forgot to tell you, but I sent your blog link to the owner of CC&M for guest designer. I don't know what your or her schedules look like, but if Terry contacts you, I wanted you to know how she found you!!
Laurel said…
So cute, gonna make one myself, thanks!
Allison Rankin said…
Awesome...so gonna try this! Loving the DP (esp. since I have some!).
Elaine said…
I love using this gift card holder template!! It is soooo easy to size and your Amy'd it up really well, girl! ;-)
Stephanie said…
Amy, this is so great! I love it! Can't wait to try it myself!
naomi said…
Ok so I'm just soooo spoiled!!!!! Thank you so much sistah i love it!!! It so cute....I can't wait to see your work in person. You know I love Amy Butler and cupcakes!!! I swear we were separated at birth or something. Love the domo doll too. Is that what he's called. I wish they sold paper and stamps of domo dolls. Thank you thank you!!! Arigato!!! Talk to you soon!
naomi said…
Oh and dingle balls!!!! hahah!!! I hope that lady doesnt think we are making fun of her. We just love the new word she invented "dingle balls"
Natty said…
What a fab idea, I should file it away for future as I have the mini score-it (don't use it nearly as often as I should - eek!) and this is just great for giving away little gifts! :o)
Kim Costello said…
Fantastic Amy, loving the Amy Butler ♥ papers, and wonderful use of notecard holder too!!! great little tut' Happy easter I'm sure your kids will love their baskets!!! HuGs Kim x
Martha said…
This is great!! Love this :)
Bye,
~Martha~
Kristie Larsen said…
Fabulous gift holder! Love the papers and the cute Doodles.... great tutorial!
Gloria Stengel said…
:::thud::: This is so fantastic! I love it. So unexpected!
Susan said…
adorable and oh so clever! are you through those 400 yet?????
Lynnette said…
Fabulous! I love your designs. Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting!
Hi Amy,

Well I have been seeing your picture on blog comments all over blog land for awhile now and I finally hopped on over here to see what you create. Wow girl you have some wonderful creations on here!!! I have added your blog to my follow list and hope to be back often!!!

Heather
♥ Audrey ♥ said…
Wow, I luv how you did the gift card! Will be trying it out! Thanks!
Savitri said…
Awesome awesome!!! You did a great job with the project. LOVE it! The pom-poms of course is just too adorable!!!
Julia Aston said…
Very fun design on your folded gift card holder - and Yes - I do love the Amy Butler papers!!! I also love the cute 'bunny' your kids will be receiving! Hope it didn't scare them too much!! LOL!!!
Anonymous said…
I concure on Amy Butler, just beautiful, what a great card holder, or whatever fits, thanks so much for sharing it all with us, you are the bomb
Unknown said…
Your card is cute. I love how you put stamps in it, very clever!
~Tammy~ said…
Amy I am lovin your take on the gift card holder! Cool Cool Cool!
Jana said…
This is CUTE, CUTE, CUTE. Love the dingle balls, cupcake and Amy Butler.
I love your project dingle balls and all...lol. What a crack up that domo bunny is I am sure your kids loved their's.

Debbie Stelton
Stacey said…
How totally brilliant?! I love this Amy, you're so clever! The papers are fab and I love those cute pompoms! ~♥~
Gorgeous card holder!! Beautiful papers!!

xoxo
Kim Dellow said…
That is so cool Amy, I love it, going to have have a go. Love your easter bunny :) Kim
Jo said…
awesome twist to a gift card holder. love it and love the cupcakes!
Ginny said…
do you need my address ;0)

simply fab :0)
Sam said…
Fab idea for sending mini stamp sets! Great papers.
Sam x
Jenn said…
This is the cutest little gift card holder I've ever seen! :) Love the pom poms! :)
Angie Tieman said…
Wow! This is amazing! You are on a roll, gf!!
lauren bergold said…
how *FLIPPIN'* cool is that cupcake card holder??!?! hint: it is veryVERYverrrrrrrrry cool indeed! and that was before i saw what it was gonna hold!!!!!!!! YOWZA! i soooo want this!!! :)
Unknown said…
You are fabulous Amy!
What a wonderful blog!
Thank you so much for my birthday presents today!
Lilas Conuts said…
Hello from Nouméa
Thanks for sharing, great ideas