wild asparagus family

Today's 365 Cards Scor-it Challenge is a matchbook card! I used double-sided paper by Wild Asparagus. I've actually had it for a bit and thought this would be the perfect project for it. I'm a huge fan of paisley pattern...especially with the splashes of blue!

I cut the paper 4.25 inches by 8.5 inches. I scored it at 1 inch on one side and 3.5 inches on the other. I secured the 1 inch flap down with a simple traditional staple..You could use anything...brad, eyelet, hole punch and ribbon...I personally like the clean & sleek look of the 'ole staple. I used my crocheted ribbon from J's {you know, the non-crunchy one}. See those puffy Thickers?? I ♥♥♥ Peachy Cheap...thanks Latisha for letting me in on that fabulous site!!

Okay, ready for the inside??!!!

Woot Woot!!!! I was cracking myself up when I put this together...those fabulous owlies are by Maya Road that I picked up at Two Peas....they are adhered with a tiny glue dot so that the recipient can, yes, use them in her cardmaking or layouts...whaddya think of that??!!!! I'll let you in on a secret...I'm taking my own advice and sending out my scor-it projects as RAKs...this Wild Aspargus Family card goes to this chick...or should I say owlie? She is going from a Party of 3 to a Party of 4 pretty soon and I thought this was a fun card to send her...I know I'm probably spoiling the surprise but it has gone postal and sometimes it takes her a smidge to blurf...

Be sure to check out the other DT members and everyone that used "Mr. Linky"...I've been having a ball'orama commenting on everyone's projects this week. Keep those fab cards/projects rolling in...Tomorrow is my day on the 365 Card blog...Be sure to take a peek, I hope that it inspires you...

Comments

naomi said…
Hahaha!!! I cracked up too!!! I have those owls too. What a great way to use them on a card so the recipient can reuse it. Love it love it!!!
Peet said…
Gorgeous card, Amy!!!
Stacey said…
This is just so super cute Amy! Love the little owls and this paper is delish ~♥~
Tina said…
Classically beautiful...look at that lace!
Kay said…
Darling, Amy!! You're so sweet to give it as a RAK. She's going to love those precious little owls!! ♥♥ Kay
Kristie Larsen said…
SO fabulous!! LOVE the owls and that gorgeous paper. great job amy!
Monika/Buzsy said…
Wonderful card. Love the color, the lace, the cute owls... TFS!
Unknown said…
Your card is gorgeous. I am a huge fan of paisley myself and have chosen a paisley patterned paper for my card for today as well. I absolutely love your owls inside as well.
Regards
Michelle M
Cindy Haffner said…
Love this so elegant.
Ann said…
You are killing me with those owls--TOO cute!!!
Savitri said…
Super super cute!!! I love the Thickers and the lace, I think I have that too!!! Lovely!
Sandra MacLean said…
LOVE My Mind's Eye paper!! I was sighing all over this card and then I saw what was hiding inside it and cracked up laughing! :D Great card Amy!
Ivolina said…
Wonderful card. Lovely colours.
Lauren said…
Super cute! Love the fabric accents.
The outside of this card is so lovely and elegant and then when opened is so darn cute. How clever of you to send stamped images that can be used again you ROCK!!
Unknown said…
CA-ute! Nothin' bettah than a gorgeous card with embellishment that are also gifts inside! LOVE it!

(-: Heidi
Jana said…
So cute. Love the surprise owls inside.
Vicky said…
So cute, Amy!! Every time I see owls now, I think of you :).
Julia Aston said…
I love the colors of this DP Amy - and the lace is wonderful! what a fun surprise owl family awaiting us inside this fun matchbook card!!
Fi said…
Beautiful card - love the colour combo and those Owls are just sooooo cute.
Hugs
Fi
Sparkplug17 said…
How cute! I love the owls inside! :)
Anonymous said…
Great card as always Amy... go to my blog, I have something for you there.... HUGS..SK :)
Raw Suede said…
This is just the sweetest thing! Love your clever RAK idea-you are really getting after it with the cutest RAK presentations! I should get off my lazy duff and follow your lead!!
Maz said…
Beautiful Papers and those Owls are so cute
maz
Karen Lee said…
Yummy, Yummy, Yummy!!! This is gorgeous!

hugs, Karen Lee
Rosemary said…
What pretty paper and your take on this is lovely. I have to laugh, I looked at the first picture and thought - oh, so elegant! Then I see those cute little owls and I'm loving the whimsey! Really adorable!
Anonymous said…
just wonderful, whimsical is correct, just wonderful, and I love that paisley paper as well, you are so great, and I agree I love runnning through MR. L and checking everybodies stuff out. I always wait till I've done minde so I don't inadvertantly get swayed by someones design. Thanks for sharing all your abilities and upbeat additude.
Gloria Stengel said…
Too cute and too funny. You are a riot.
Latisha said…
oh I just love this and the delicate lace treatment!!
Kim said…
Way Cute! luv the owls inside what a hoot!
Elaine said…
The clever card maker strikes again! Hey sistah, that's a great card and the owls are a super sweet touch!! :)
Marlou McAlees said…
totally loving this card!! :) ♥
kathleenh said…
Ooh, I picked up some of these owlies too! I love what you did with them here!