Wise Words...Live and Enjoy Life


There is not one but 2 sketches over at 2 Sketches 4 You...woo hoo!!

For some reason Kazan's sketch 23 had me stumped...I don't know why, but I had a heck of a time...It was probably because I wanted to use some goodies that I picked up on Peachy Cheap. It didn't end up working out so I used my new Colorbok Owl..OMG, isn't he the cutest? The flower is Maya Road from 2 peas...

Wise Words:
chocolate IS the answer



Berdien's Bonus sketch is fabulous and I definitely wanted to play along...I love working with the cork that I found over at J's dollar spot...now I wish I loaded up on the stuff. All the paper is Making Memories Hul-la-ba-loo...great gift from a co-worker of mine {Hi B!}. The buttons are from my SEI stash, the pearls are K&Co...a couple of peeps told me to use tweezers for the small embellies like the pearls and bling..call me lazy but I just don't take the time to dig them out..they are the SU ones...they make me all crazy because when you squeeze on the tweezers the thing opens up...I'm use to it working the other way...the traditional way...like eyebrow tweezers, kwim? {rolling my eyes...I'm a traditional gal...these new things tend to confuse me...lol}

Any big plans for the weekend? My boy has started Spring Soccer...although he's been hit with the stomach flu, he has a game scheduled for Saturday morning...we'll see how he feels. The weather has been so cold & raining here...sooo Washington :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Both `Beautiful` cards Amy..Hope your boy is feeling better soon..Have a lovely Day:)♥
Angie Tieman said…
Awesome cards! Great way to show cas and elaborate! That owl IS to die for!
Saskia said…
Amy,

So great and beautiful!!!!! Love it!!

Sweet greetings,
Saskia
Marlou McAlees said…
two amazing cards Amy!! :) ♥
Laurel said…
Wow, great job with both sketches!
Steph said…
Really love the owl card Amy. Fab. x
Shelley said…
What a cute little owl! He's a hoot!!! (hardiharhar - ok that was a bad joke! LOL) I love your stuff. S modern, clean lines...really great inspiration.
Kay said…
Amy, what a wonderful blog you have!! Your creations are absolutely darling!!! I'm so glad you visited my blog. Thank you for your sweet comments! I'm excited I found you...or you found me. tee hee. I've got to add you to my favorites!! My little guy is home with the stomach flu, too. He missed school yesterday and again today. And you know what? It's raining here today in New York. Sounds like our days are going to be very similar! LOVE your little owl card! It's Adorable!! And, the cork on the other one..love it!!!! Take good care today and I hope your son feels better soon! Kay
Kristen H said…
Great cards! I like the round one, I didn't try that one. I was trying to clean my craft room and make some cards in the process. I really like your deer card from the 1/3 challenge too. It is so cute! It's funny how impressive a small amount of image can make a huge impact!!!
Carla said…
It's odd to me that you had a hard time with the top sketch because the card is absolutley perfect, and it's dead on for the sketch!!

The bottom one would be SO hard for me, and again, your card is PERFECT!!
Vicky said…
These are both fantastic, Amy! I love how you incorporated the piece of cork in your card - so cleveer and what a great texture it adds to the card! Hope your son feels better soon and has fun with his soccer game this weekend!
Latisha said…
Love what you did with Kazan's sketch, clean and simple just the way I like them!! The 2nd card is fabby too.
I have an officers spouse meeting to go to tomorrow after baseball, then maybe to the pool? Who knows, I really need to get a bunch of stuff done!
Unknown said…
I feel you, I mean I realize we live in Washington, but it's time for spring already!

Fab cards! LOVE that cork!! J's dollar spot did you say?!

(-: Heidi
ivy said…
i have that owl & other critter friends too but see me, i am hoarding them! i should really use 'em!
hope your son feels better!
Lauren said…
You are on a roll lady! Love these!
Kristie Larsen said…
great cards Amy. Love that corkboard. SO fabulous!
Ann said…
These are both awesome, Amy! The owl and velvet blossom--fabulous, and the cork is too cool!

My big plans include a birthday dinner, a birthday movie, birthday presents...are you sensing a theme? ;)
Sparkplug17 said…
So cute! I love that little owl. I am hoping for sunshine this weekend. :)
whoistracy said…
These are wonderful! Love that loooooong skinny one especially. Have a fab weekend.
Love these, especially the second one with all of the detail. Just beautiful!
Unknown said…
is it not funny how even the simplest of sketches can get one stumped :) I love that owl - he is cute! And that cork on the second one is beyond gorgeous.
Thanks for playing
:) Kazan
Anonymous said…
I love your owl!!! He's sooo cute! Great take on the sketch! Some of my faves...owls, Kraft, red! :)
Anonymous said…
Ooooh beautiful cards !!! I love your take on my sketch !! Thanks for playing !!
kathleenh said…
I love the owl and flower on your first card. They really pop against the kraft cardstock!

The cork on your second card is such a fun and unexpected touch on your second card.
Carolina said…
Gorgeous cards Amy - I specially love the round one...so into that right now. I just finished a project that involved many of those...love them!
Ginny said…
BOTH gorgeous cards...
Unknown said…
Such a fun card!! Love the cork on it - gives it great texture! :)
Stacey said…
Aww, so fun! Really love this bright combo and the great circular design ~♥~
Savitri said…
Sweet cards!!! Oh, I'm so so glad you're playing there. I LOVE seeing your take on the sketches!! Have fun w/ spring soccer. I wonder if M will do soccer again this next fall. Hmm...
Stephanie said…
Love that cork on the card! Awesome!