tweet! and a woot!

Happy Friday!!!

TGIF my friends...tweet tweet!!!

Today is Get Sketchy #21!

Thanks for all that joined us for #20...I always enjoy cruising through your blogs/galleries!

Check out the fun sketch!

The Bonus Challenge:

Letter Stickers

Our sponsor this week is Paper Trunk! The prize.....Paper Trunk Stamps!

I teamed up the fun papers from Paper Trunk with some stamps from Schlosser Designs!

I worked with about 6 different colors/patterns of Paper Trunk. I love patterns and matchy-matchy-ness when I design a card:)


All the main panels are stitched...funny thing...I bought a "sewing basket" at a garage sale about 2 years ago...it is chock full of supplies...it was labeled as "Grandma's sewing basket" and I had the opportunity to meet Grandma..LOL....anyways, that was before I started stitching on my cards..the particular thread I used is vintage, or at least I think it is since it was on a wooden spool..LOL. Fun, Fun, Fun!

The Bonus challenge is Alpha stickers...easy smeasy for me because I LOVE them....The Get Sketchy DT received a set from Paper Trunk along with the delish papers...

I couldn't resist paper piecing the Schlosser Designs bird house...perfect color palette for it, dontcha think? I LOVE bird houses and have received a couple from my Bro for gifties...my last one is shaped exactly like the Schlosser one but instead of having it out in the Washington rain :) I have it on my front porch...no birdies have nested in it but it is safe from all that dreaded rain..LOL.

♥♥Woot♥♥

If you made it down this far, thanks...I know that I can be 'chatty'....here's my woot! Did you hear a loud gasp yesterday afternoon? LOL....that would have been ME when I read an email from THEE Susan R. Opel of Paper Crafts! I was being the craft nerd again and had to blink a couple times...re-read a couple times....Paper Crafts picked up the card that I submitted on Sunday for their July/August issue....♥♥thud♥♥ whatta fabbie birthday present since I'm an August baby:) At the beginning of the month I announced on my blog that I wanted to start sending in submissions for publications. I was able to squeak out 2 cards last weekend....which ended up being 1 card since the MME paper I used on 1 was discontinued...grrr..I'll post that puppy tomorrow...I'm beyond thrilled...I truly enjoy creating...so having a pub is icing on the cake...I'm so thankful for everything because I get so much inspiration from all of you...so much support....thanks sistas!

Okay, so I'm hoping to get a TON of stuff done this weekend since I'll be off to CHA a week from tomorrow....woot woot! I need to my DT work done, thank you's done, valentine's done...oh yeah, I guess I'll need to feed the kidlets...do laundry....put away the Xmas lights that are still in the garage {I keep telling myself that they are still drying off...LOL}...you know how it is...momma, full-time worker bee, full-time crafter-wannabe.....not enough hours in the day!!

Comments

NinaB said…
BIG congratulations, Amy! I can't believe you've never submitted before. Your work is beautiful. I got one card accepted, too, with PC. And I love how you mix and matched patterns and come up with this beauty.
itsallrosi said…
congrats on the pub!
Wow..Huge Congratulations to you,Amy!
Joan said…
YEAH for you. Congrats! You deserve it.
Love the card as always and a huge congrats on being published that is so exciting!!!
Laurel said…
It is a cute card Amy! and a wootie, woot, woot to you!
~Tammy~ said…
huge huge congrats on your paper crafts submission!!!!!!
Courtney Baker said…
Congratulations girl! Crazy that you aren't already submitting!
Tina said…
This is super cute, love the mix of patterns.

Congrats on being published lady!
cnelson said…
such a cute, cute card!! Congrats on the publication! so well deserved!!
Sherry Eckblad said…
Great card Amy and CONGRATS to YOU.
Tracey said…
YAY!!!Big Congrats to you Amy...so not surprised...you are so very talented!!! LOVE your card here on the blog today...LOVE all those pp, and I too love when things are all matchy poo LOL!!
Savitri said…
Look at all them layers! I remember the day when you had none and that was the Amy trademark :) So cool to see how everybody's grown in their craftiness!
Dora said…
Great card Amy, have a wonderful weekend!
Lisa Carroll said…
totally adorable card, and a BIG HUGE MEGA congrats on the pub! woohooo! totally deserved, girl! way to go! :D
Jenn said…
WOO HOO! Congrats!
Regina Easter said…
this is stinkin cute i tell ya...cute cute cute
Janice said…
Super card ~ love the bird house and the color -- wow!

Don't know if you have this and since soooooo many people come here maybe you can post it... a discount coupon for CHA show tickets I found on the Ms blog Here
ivy said…
congrats amy!!! woot woot and a toot toot too!!
love your layers and the sewng!!
see ya in a week! i gotta still pack for this vegas trip we're leaving on in a couple hrs!
Unknown said…
Wooty woot WOOOOOT! Yay, for you !!! I can't wait to see your name in print!

Love this card! Such fun colors and that birdhouse is so sweet!

(-: Heidi
Martha said…
Wow, congratulations Amy!! Great news :)
And your card is gorgeous!
Stacey said…
This is fab Amy! Loving the story about Grandma's sewing box! ~x~
Joy said…
Congrats Amy! you totally deserve this recognition as you do great work! love the card and all that matching paper! have a wonderful weekend...enjoy!
Ann said…
Woohoo! Congrats on the PC pub! :D
Jane said…
YAY for you!!! Awesome!
Love this card! Gorgeous paper!
Tyggereye said…
What a cute card Amy!! I love it. That sketch I might have to try! I do love myself some letter stickers too. hmmm ideas.. Have a good weekend too!
Piali said…
Congrats!!! really I can't believe you never submitted before...your work is fab! you should have done it long ago...
Love the card!! beautiful papers .
Hugs
Piali
Sparkplug17 said…
Your card is lovely! I love all the layers!

Congrats on getting published!
Alice said…
Big congrats on being published, Amy!! I knew it won't take long!!! you are so talented!! love your fabulous card!! love those yummy papers!! =)
dstandard said…
Congrats Amy = your card is awesome!
Rose Ann said…
I love your adorable card, Amy!! Your papers are so pretty, and I love the bird house!! Congrats on your pub too!! Wooo hoooo!!
Amy your card is the Tweeetset!! :) I love the colors and the sewing...and vintage thread? Nice!
That is so awesome that you will be published. WTG! You are so inspiring to me and I wanted to say thanks for following my blog! That deserves a Wooot Wooot too! Yay! :)
Have fun getting ready for CHA. Man, just reading all the stuff you have to do wore me out girl!

Enjoy! :)
TesaB said…
Wooot!!! Congratulations!!!! That's great news! And as always, your card is absolutly awesome!!!
Ingrid Danvers said…
Huge congrats, girlie!! We'll be in the same issue. :-)
Your card is beautiful.
Kay said…
YAHOO!!! Congratulations, Amy!!!! That is the MOST exciting news!!! I would be over the moon, too! Way to go girlfriend!

This birdhouse card is too precious and the birdhouse matched perfectly!! The little {heart} window above the "door" is absolutely adorable and I really love all the stitching you've done. Super duper card!! ♥♥ Kay
Angie Tieman said…
This is fantabulous!! Love all that yummy stitching! And congrats on the pub, so glad you submitted! I eeeked out one card for the call too and it got picked up, so we'll be in the same issue! hee! hee!
Elaine said…
I know it's late and you're already off to CHA - so have a fabulous time!

I knew that once you started to submit cards they'd be chosen for pub - you silly! Your cards are super fun, whimsical and perfect for magazines! :)

Love the vintage stitched card today!! :)
lauren bergold said…
woot♥WOOT♥woooooooooooooot indeed!!! congrats, girlie, no one deserves it more than you! cannot wait to see you IN PRINT!!! :)

(ps: this birdhousey card is BEYOND fab...i'd do a lot more "matchy matchy" if i thought i could make it look as cool as THIS!!!) ♥♥♥
Cindy Lee said…
A huge WOOT WOOT to ya sista!!!! I know this day would come! I'm so happy for you! And proud too!! Way to go!!! Woohooo!!
Kelley Eubanks said…
Congratulations Amy!! That is Awesome! No luck for me this time around for PC :( !!! Oh well... that is how it goes! LOVE this card!!