trigger the blooms...

Bloggers...we have to continually be crafty in our post titles, don't we?! Sometimes that seems to be more of a challenge than the actual creations..LOL.

I haven't had a chance to play over at 2s4y in a couple weeks...Love Laura's sketch for this week!

It's me again...trying to hurry up Spring:) I used 3 different patterns from the GCD Canta line...Love it for the fresh & fun designs! The ginormous half bloom to the right of the PTI ribbon is actually fussy cut from my Rock Floral sheet...I don't know if you can tell by the pic but it is super glittery...all the black is black GLITTER...The first panel of patterned paper is Melodic Flowers...I added Kaiser Black bling on a majority of the blooms:) The glittery thickers were throwing me into fits because I couldn't seem to peel off the paper to expose the adhesive...grrr...that's what I get for keeping my nails so short:)


Next up is the Moxie Fab'alicious Tuesday Trigger...check out this delish card picked by Kim Hughes by Kimberly Crawford!

I had all these yellow ideas and check out my end result...

I was hoping that I had a similar yellow patterned paper in my stash...ladies, I have a ginormous stash of patterned papers but no such luck...so I was digging through a boxed set of K&Co paper and came across this fun zig zag goodness...

The Lemonade digi is from the fabbie Regina of
The Cutting Cafe...I love the sentiment...I'm a firm believer that "things happen for a reason"..."take the good from the bad"..."learn from your experiences". The bling is ala A Muse Creative Candy..dontcha love that name? The ribbon and paper is Stampin' Up So Saffron...such a lovely color...so soothing. The button is actually a T $ Spot buy from years ago...it had a foam sticker on the back that I peeled off and it was also threaded up, which I clipped off to make room for the black waxed twine.

I had a lovely surprise yesterday over on the Cards Blog...

My Shaped Pinwheel card was picked up by the fabbie Paige! It was also super exciting to see so many of my bloggie friends have their cards highlighted too!!!


A Big Woot Woot for my Momma...today is her 70th Birthday!!! She is still quite the Spring Chicken and one wise chicklet...yes, sometimes she drives me nutty...hey, it is all a part of that whole mother-daughter relationship thing BUT she IS a strong independent woman. She traveled from Japan to the US in the late 50's. She married my Dad and had 3 kids...I have 2 older brothers. She eventually went from being a stay-at-home Mom to working full-time and raising me and my brothers as a single Mom. As an adult, I have learned so much from her and appreciate all that she has done {and continues to do} for us. I could go on and on about her but bottom line she is one fabulous woman, I'm so thankful for her and her health...

Whew....that was a ton of typing for me...thanks for stoppin' by and taking a peek at my cards for today...Come on back tomorrow for the 365 Cards Super Sketchy Sunday which is also Day 365! I cannot believe that I've been on the Design Team for a year...it has been a fabulous experience for me...I've learned so much and grown so much as a crafty girl....I'm thrilled to stay on as a Super Sketchy Sunday Designer....P.S. I'm hoping that I can still post my announcement which will be teamed up with some blog candy:)

Comments

Martha said…
Oh wow, gorgeous cards you made Amy!!!
Have a nice weekend :)
TesaB said…
wohoo, awesome! Both of them! Fantastic colors and patterns! LOVE the Tuesday Trigger images sooo much!!!

And woot - congrats, and thanks for the inspiration for my CARDS blog card!

And now I can't wait to hear the big news!
itsallrosi said…
love these cards! and a happy birthday to your Mom!
Laurel said…
Wowie, such fabulous cards!!! Love the GCD one.
Sherry Eckblad said…
Beautiful cards once again my friend. YOU totally Amaze me with all your talent.
Kathy Martin said…
Fun and colorful cards! Thanks for entering one at 2S4Y! :)
Kay said…
Love, love and more love! Your "bloom" card is so fab! Of course I love that ribbon and the little tabs on the side are super adorable! Lovin' the fussy cut flower! Thank you for playing along with us at 2S4Y!

Your lemon card has me SO in the mood for summertime! LOVE those colors and the lemon "lollipops"! Adorable, Amy! Have a great weekend and congrats on the CARDS shout out! So fun! ♥♥Kay
Piali said…
Congrats Girl!!! love the bloom card and your TT card is cute!!
Happy Birthday To your MOM!!!... have a super fun day with her.
Hugs
Piali.
Dora said…
Wonderful I love it!
bethchien said…
U r so talented, my love!
Evelin said…
Love your cards! Yellow is such a happy colour! I'm going to scraplift your colour and make some cards :P
Kelly Booth said…
LOVE your cards Amy....they are just Gorgeous in every way!!!
Aimes said…
Holy Cow! You are rocking the card scene girly! Big congrats on the Cards Blog recognition - your creations ROCK!
Happy Bday to your Mom too! Enjoy the celebrations!
x
Amy C said…
Awesome cards Amy!! Your cards are always fabulous!! Congrats on your recognition and happy birthday to your mom. =)
Regina Easter said…
70 years old...omg what a blessings...my mom is quite a SPRING CHICK herself...so much energy still...i love it....those cards are fabulous Amy...your such a sweetheart...love ya girl...hugs
Lia said…
Congrats! Your card looks fab :). Love the color combo and embellies.

Lia
Deb Neerman said…
FABulous! Beyond fabulous ... they're 'beyondulous!!'
Amy Heller said…
Congrats, congrats, Amy! I LOVE that lemon card - tooooo cute!
Tina said…
Huge congrats ladyfinger! Awesome job on the challenges, great cards.
Courtney Baker said…
Two fantastic cards Amy. And congrats on the CARDS blog!
cnelson said…
perfectly perfect cards!
Melinda Spinks said…
Such beautiful cards, you are extremely talented!
Kelley Eubanks said…
Both of your cards are great Amy! Happy birthday to your mom! :) I have two older brothers too!
Heather Rogers said…
Congrats on your pinwheel card! They are all Fab!

I use my Tweezer Bee tweezers for everything. They are awesome. I don't know what I would do without them. Peeling stickers, pulling string through holes...you name it
Savitri said…
Both are GORGEOUS!!! I love the 2nd card best, the flowers are AWESOME!!!

Happy 70th to your mom! I hope that when I'm 70 I'll still be quite the spring chicken too :P Have a fabby time with her!!
ivy said…
congrats on being featured on the cards blog!!
love the ginormous flower---the bigger the better i say!
Laura Davis said…
Wow stunning work my friend!
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura
Creative Momma said…
Beautiful cards, Amy!!! A super happy birthday wish for your momma :)
Hugs
Marina
Jen said…
oh my! what fun for you! congrats on the cards challenge...i LOVE that pin wheel!!:)
Winter said…
So pretty! I love them both! Congrats on the CARDS blog! And Happy Birthday to your Momma! :)
Joan said…
these are gorgeous!! I love your sense of color. Joyful!

I also want to say happy happy on the engagement! congrats to both of you. he sounds like a keeper for sure! I'm posting here as I am avoiding winning any blog candy! LOL Got to keep the craft room clean!
Angie Tieman said…
Love both of these! And happy birthday to your mom!
Heather P. said…
These are both totally FABULOUS, Amy!!
Unknown said…
These are gorgeous! I'm love all that sunshiney yellow!

Woohoo for your cards feature and happy b-day to your Momma!

(-: Heidi
Hey Amy! What a supah fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks for playing along! :)
Lisa Voerg said…
Congratulations on your Tuesday Trigger Target. I love your cards they are so cheery. HBD to your mom.
Melinda Spinks said…
Congratulations Amy on your Tuesday Trigger Target, your card is absolutely fabulous!
TesaB said…
WOOT WOOT!!!! So happy to see your cards getting the attnetion they deserv! You are on a roll, girl!
Vicki Bray said…
Oh my cute card! I am a believer too! Congrats!
Jess said…
Fabulous cards! Congrats on on being on a Tuesday Trigger Pick! Your Tuesday Trigger card is fab but I especially love what you did with the Canta line!
Carolyn King said…
both cards are great!!! congrats on your shout out on moxie fab world!
Jennie said…
Congrats on your Trigger Amy! These cards are amazing and love your trigger one ;o) Thrilled to be mentioned with you today!