Flashback Friday Version 2.0

Hello Peeps!!!

I'm back with another version of Flashback Friday...

I'd love to see your earliest scrapbook page!!! Notice that I didn't type 'first blogged scrapbook page'....muwahahaha....hold on you non-scrapbookers...there is something in it for you...read on..

For those of you that have been following me would know that I just started scrapbooking again this year. My original scrapbooking journey started about the year 2000. I searched through my old albums and found a page that I could post...mostly because so many of my older pages had my kids' names plastered on it...that's something that I don't post on my blog...I refer to them as my kidlets...my girl...my boy:)

Here it is in all it's glory...LOL

Let's analyze this, shall we?

I was using bright colors even back then...

I definitely did more journaling then vs now....wtheck tho...no date...grrr....

OMG, my kidlets are soooooo little...10 years ago'ish....3 & 5'ish....

I didn't even know about sketches back then....haha....good grief!

Okay, here's my latest layout....

I had a wonderful time with this layout...a happy pic of me & my boy...October Afternoon...new stamps...what could be better?!!!

I knew I wanted to use the latest Creative Scrappers layout challenge:

♥♥Flashback Friday Challenge♥♥
  • Okay, here it is....post your earliest layout on your blog and link it back here via the comments section....Peeps, when I say post it, I mean re-post it..not leaving me the link from the past...
  • Post a brand new layout with your current style and hoarded materials...LOL....

  • IF you currently aren't a scrapbooker, I challenge you to post your 1st layout...come on, take the plunge!!!!! You know what the beauty of scrapbooking is? It is something that you can keep for yourself....something different from cardmaking....it can be a keepsake....

I mentioned that I used new stamps...I discovered some sweet Teresa Collins stamps...they rock...I used the Freestyle set in my new layout. They ink up like a dream and I thought I'd share a new Teresa Collins Giving Thanks set as blog candy for some lucky person that plays along with Flashback Friday 2.0!


Isn't it a gorgeous set....oh boy, so tempted to keep it for myself...grrr...lol......

I'll give you until:

Friday, September 17th @ 11:59 pm PDT to link up.

I had such a fun time last time that I can't wait to see what you share with me this time...old and new....woot woot!!!!

Okie dokie chickies.....have a super duper friday!!!! Thanks for all the wonderful comments about my card from yesterday and about my new bloggie banner...it makes me smile everytime I see it and so did reading all your sweet comments!!!

Comments

TesaB said…
LOL! You know how to challenge people!!! This will be fun (sort of). It is so easy for you, having a lovely first (sort of) page like that!!! Bright and funny! And wow, girl, LOVEEE your new one. It's awesome.

I'll be back, I guess I have to make a new layout and dig out an oldie. :D
C said…
Love both LO, Amy. I don't scrapbook...yet..I guess I have so many pictures that the task seems daunting.

You rocked that sketch!
Love your LO,Amy! Gorgeous photo too!
Anonymous said…
your LOs are gorgeous!Love the banner (love the dotty and ghingham)and such a great pic!:)
Karen B. said…
Holy cats, what a change! Love the muted color palette on your last layout, perfect for a gentleman.
Tasha said…
Both are fabulous but you can definately see a difference. I love the muted tones of the recent page. I love how you have used the layout and the light embellishing! Its fantastic. i so wish i could scrapbook!
love tasha xx
Laurel said…
What a great challenge Amy! LOVE your layout (both) but the second one love the colors!
Tiff said…
Alright Ms. Amy! I'm digging out my album! Now, I just have to MAKE something! LOL!
Helen F. said…
Oh Amy,love both your old and new, the new-you using that fabby sketch and colors is awesome! Hmmm, my old LO's don't seem to have much more than photos...I may have to work on something really "new" cause I'm not a Scrapbooker ~ but love your giveaway! :o)
Megan said…
jumping porcupines!!! what a *huge* transformation!!!
a) your first layout is beautiful ((albeit-simpler than the second :] )) and i love the writing you used for the title and i love the way you wrote for your journaling spot.
b)your newest layout is gorgeous!!! i adore the banner and the yellow backing of the photo and the way the layout flows! stunning!
p.s. i hope you have fun this weekend with your friends and crafting!!
wishing you sunshine, smiles, and triangle banners :]
xoxoxxo
OMYGOSH!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee them both girl!!! I am loving your RED on your flashback one!! You are GONNA DIE when you see mine!! LOL!!! 1985 anyone???? LOL :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
Rose said…
Hi Amy! I love your pages! The flashback is fun! I haven't done very much scrapbooking, but thinking back to the first pages I did, I think they need some makeovers! thanks for the inspiration to pull out the albums!
Yikes - this is a bit scary...but I am game (I think!). Off to see what my first one was, if I am really daring I will pull out the first page I ever did, which is pre-blog time!
Oh, and I love how your style has changed. Of course you have a banner on your latest :>) Just lovely!
laterg8r said…
love the flashback, so fun to see how our styles change :D
Riet said…
This is so beautiful layouts Amy.

Hugs Riet.xx
Anonymous said…
What a great flashback, will be so fun to see
Karen said…
Oh no you didn't!!! lol Gonna have to do some searchng for this one. Old scrapbook pages are way more dated than old cards. On another note, love your new header!!! :>:>
Heather Rogers said…
WOW! Funny how much scrapbooking and crafting has come. Both are amazing for the time they were made in. You and your son look so cute together. :)
EverydayMe said…
fun how things change... love the contrast and change life brings... great layouts because they share memories... and that's all that matters....
Alice said…
hehe. this is so fun, Amy! LOVE seeing both old and new layouts from you! both are fab!! thanks for sharing!
Dora said…
great to see old and new together, and see how you changed your style, but both are beautiful and those stamps are breathtaking the details in the stamps are gorgeous!
TesaB said…
Look what you made me do!!!!

Here is my first and a new
Linby said…
I thought long and hard about this - but here goes!
here are my first and last pages
Linbyx
Linby said…
Bay City Rollers were a Scottish band in the 1970s - I've edited it now for my non UK visitors!
http://soundtracktomyday.blogspot.com/2009/11/saturday-rocks-bay-city-rollers.html
Linbyx
Anonymous said…
omg - i remember those titles. i probably have a layout with one of them - luckily it is hiding in a box in my storage unit :)
Rose said…
well i like both of them :) girl i am almost ready to stop visiting you!! lol ok i sucked it up and posted my very first layout HERE
Rose said…
oops that was the wrong link!!! the correct one is HERE
Regina Easter said…
he he he...i think we all scrapped like that one time or another....your style then and now is fab...hugs
li-bee-ti said…
Amy, you're such a funny girl!
I love your old and new layouts!
I will sure play with you... I'll finish my very new lo and will come back to link it...
LOL! that is something!
Tina said…
Girl, I think both of these pages rock!
MicheleV said…
Fun challenge Amy!
I put your challenge out there on my blog,
- hope everyone plays along...
I will apologize ahead of time and give you a warning such as "view at your own risk" lol!
Lynnda said…
What a lovely pictures... both LOs are beautifully done... they are really gorgeous....xx
IvyandRein said…
oooh la la! what an awesome scrapbook page!
my first page is wayyyy too embarrassing to share & i think my first page is of me & my ex BF & im soo over him lol :) <3 your LO!!
Winter said…
I LOVE this layout! The banner is too cute! :)
yyam said…
Oh my! It was great to revisit my old layout though...Here they are *LOL*
StampingRaeRae said…
Love your layout and the banner! And that picture of you and your son is so cute! I played along as well. Here is my post.
Tammy said…
First of all...I love your blog! It is very inspiring...thank you for sharing!

Second...I love this challenge! It is really hysterical how much scrapbooking has come along!

Here is my blog post!
http://thestamperscottage.blogspot.com/2010/09/flashback-friday-challenge.html