Flashback Friday 5.0!!!!!

(Please check out my regularly scheduled post HERE!)

Welcome to Flashback Friday 5.0!!!!

Can you believe that this is the 5th edition?  I hope that YOU'VE been having as much fun with it as I have!


First up is our Sponsor for Flashback Friday 5.0:

Sherry Eckblad aka Button Junkie!


Sherry's latest venture is gorgeous dyed Seam Binding ribbon....the winner of Flashback Friday 5.0 will receive an assortment from Sherry!


Flashback Friday 5.0's Guest Designer is the fabbie Stephanie Severin of:



Here's a little bit about Stephanie:

I discovered the joy of making my own greeting cards about 13 years ago and have never looked back. Nothing relaxes me more than to spend an entire day in my studio immersed in paper and ink. I love hosting the weekly Inspiration Challenge on SplitCoast Stampers and am always keeping my eyes open for sources of inspiration in the world around me. I am also on the Design Team for the Etsy Inspired Challenge & Gingersnap Creations, as well as Guest Designing for Artistic Outpost.


In addition to rubber stamping and trying new techniques, I love sushi, driving with my windows down, laughing until my stomach hurts (which usually involves a phone call with my sister), planning trips, Sonic Diet Vanilla Dr. Pepper with extra ice, and lip balm. My go-to tools for creating are ColorBox Chalk inks, Memories India Ink, Transcendence Clear Embossing Powder, Tonic 12" guillotine cutter, 3M tape gun, and a Teflon bone folder. Some of my favorite techniques include heat embossing (which I do on almost every card I make), paper piecing, and distressing.

Flashback Friday's theme is compliments of Stephanie:

The first card you uploaded using a new-to-you technique!  This can include iris folding, tea bag folding, paper tearing, distressing, etc.

Check out Stephanie's gorgeous card: 


She posted this gorgeous card in July of 2007!   Over 3 years ago and such a elegant card....Thanks so much for sharing Stephanie...GREAT Challenge!!!!

Well, I searched my bloggie archive and found my first new-to-me technique: 


I originally posted this card in December of 2007, I joined a Glitter Window Swap over at Splitcoaststampers!  I have to chuckle since I still have that ribbon...hmmm..probably have the stamp set too!

So....join us in re-posting your first new-to-you technique card....Please do NOT link your original post but re-post your project picture into a new blog post!





Comments

li-bee-ti said…
Great challenge, Stephanie! And your card is so beautiful!

I'll look at my blog archive and try to join you :)...
Have a fabie weekend!
Alice said…
have a question! do i need to make a new card using the same technique? or just the old card would do? thanks! =)
~amy~ said…
**although I've answered Alice directly, I thought I'd go ahead and post it here to incase someone else has the same question! No need to create a new card using the same technique, unless you want to:)
What an AWESOME challenge! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
What a fun challenge Amy!

Deanne :)
Regan said…
lol...aaaah retro cards..gotta love
Sherry Eckblad said…
great cards and so nice to meet Stephanie here her work is fabulous.
Now this is what I call a challenge as I can't remember what I did last week let alone when I first did a new technique. How the heck am I going to figure that out. Oh well I will be back to post when I do.
Can't wait to see what people come up with.
Rose said…
Stephanie this is a great challenge and your card is beautiful :)

Yea for Sherry being your sponsor!! LOVE her ribbon :)

off to hunt for my card that fits this challenge.
Dora said…
Ow wow I love the card!
Cindy Lee said…
It's fun! I wish I could join :)
Linby said…
Well done on picking a great challenge Stephanie. Love your card. I never tried the technique Amy has used.....this is going to be fun so many new ideas.
Linbyx
C said…
Hey, girl...what a fun challenge. I'm not much on fancy techniques but I found one I used that was fun....zippers!