Tuesday, December 7, 2010

warm wishes...

 Hello and welcome to the Skipping Stones Design Sketch Challenge!


Today starts a new month of challenges...Maile Belles is our Guest Sketch Artist!  Check out today's sketch:


Many of you know that Funny Coffee Vol. #1 is my favorite Skipping Stones Design Set...

Such a versatile set...I teamed up the 'to go' cup with a 'warm wishes' sentiment:)  You might not be able to tell, but I do have double decker Basic Grey stars on my card...a couple years ago I bought the BG Chippie set after Xmas for cheap and then promptly forgot about it....well, I was diggin' around for something else and came across them...bonus that they are self-adhesive.  I used the adhesive side to glitter:)

All the paper is October Afternoon, I have a ZVA flourish, Making Memories alpha stickers and Martha glitter...festive, right?  On Sunday I got together with a bunch of my non-crafty friends.  Each gal received an Eco-Card from me..I give them a Christmas card that I made, like today's...I don't write inside them or on the outside of the envy so that they can turn around and send it on:)  Seems kind of impersonal but this has been a *big hit*.

You won't wanna miss the fabbie goodness from the other gals on the Skipping Stones Design Team:

Ann Kranitz  
Barb Turpin  
Brenda Weaver  
Gladys Chia 

and our December Guest DT:

Maile Belles-Guest Sketch Artist
Rae Barthel-Guest Designer
Kelley Eubanks-Guest Designer

Hey, I'm also the hostess with the mostess over on the E.A.D Designs blog today....so pop over there and check out my project!

*Skipping Stones Sale*  


AND FOR OUR LAST PRE-CHRISTMAS SALE!!! -

Here is this week's deal and it will go on through Next Tuesday at midnight:

Buy any 3 stamp sets and get Birthday Purses, or Heart Song for FREE!

Here's how:

Buy any 3 stamp sets. When you are checking out with Pay Pal there is an area to "leave a note to seller" this is where you note if you want B-day Purses OR Heart Song for free. IF you would like to get BOTH of them for free, simply buy 6 stamp sets. You will automatically get both of them for free!!! This is the only time Skipping Stones Designs has ever offered the chance to get TWO pre-release sets for free.  Be sure to buy your 3 or 6 sets before Midnight on Dec. 14th!

47 comments:

  1. Looks like warm yummy wishes! It's gorgeous! And how sweet of you giving away your cards to friends like that. I so understand that it's very much appreciated!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Sketch and Beautiful card. Love the papers and the bling mixed with that cup of joe.

    You could always write on a post it note and stick it inside the card then they could remove the post it and regift the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so fun and pretty! lovely card, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So festive! :) Good idea with the re-usable cards...except I probably will keep any card you make...because it will be beautiful and for sentimental reasons...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loveeeeeeeeeeee this Amy! Loving how you made the coffee sleeve! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card.... It's so beautiful....love it SISTA....woot..woot!!

    I hoard that PP... I have yet to create...looking at this card... i'm all itch!!!....

    enjoy your coffee...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh cute, cute,cute! I can't wait until my set arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome card, those papers are festive.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE LOVE your card Amy...I can see why it is a Fave.....Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aah, LOVE your paper-pieced coffee cup! Reminds me of those fabbie Christmas Starbucks to-go cups.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ow wow this is so pretty love the papers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This warms me up just to look at it!! So fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is a festive card! Love it!! You always have such great paper!! I hope you have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a cheerful festive cute card, amy! i love that coffee cup with the cute band. adorable. thanks for sharing. love your idea about the eco card :). have a great day! thanks for the well wishes. *hugs* steph :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Luv it! The colors are sparkling!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous! Grooving on that sketch too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Amy, I love your warm card! The sketch is really cool as well. Maybe when I feel better I will have to give it a go! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great take on that sketch - somehow the flourish makes it feel even warmer!

    ReplyDelete
  19. sweet! love the card...especially cause it has coffee! love how you used the background DP on the cup as well...it really blends well together. hope all is well with you! happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely card, so bright and warming.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a gorgeous card Amy.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a fabulous card! I love the stars!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh I LOVE anything coffee, including your card. And I do that too!! I thought I was the only one out there....I put a post-it in my cards to my MIL with my message so she can send it to someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  24. girl, you had better get on your DD! :P
    awesome card! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  25. So cute! Love the bling mixed with bold patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your card screams cuteness! Loving the coffee to tho I don't drink them! Lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. so fun and festive, Amy! Makes me want a peppermint mocha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. So pretty card Amy! You always rocks with pattern paper!Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fabulous card Amy.. Love the warm cuppa and the swirls. Delish!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love those papers and the BLING!

    ReplyDelete
  31. so smart to use the adhesive side of the stars to glitter-up!
    love this happy cheery card! the paper is fabbie!

    ReplyDelete
  32. A great winter card to warm the hearts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. mmmm, even though I like my coffee iced your coffee cards always make me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great combo of the sets...love this fun festive card.

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a cheerful card Amy! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  36. i confess that when i saw that maggggggnificent sketch i thought for a second that nothing could beat how cool it was...and then...o'course...i saw the card YOU MADE using the sketch...and i realized the error of my ways! (so♥SO♥sooOOoOoOoo very VERRRRRRRY fab, missus!!!!!) (YEOWZA!!!) ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  37. THIS would be the perfect card for case! I love the paper pieced cup cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  38. oh this card makes me want to go to starbucks!!!! hello sis i miss yah!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. LOVE this! That blue and red is so yummy together!

    ReplyDelete
  40. This card is soooo much fun! I love the swirls and the awesome colors and papers! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete


Cheers,
~amy~