happy {belated} birthday...


Welcome to the Skipping Stones Design Blog Hop to celebrate the release of Green Birthday! If you've just happened upon my blog today, make sure to start from the beginning at Skipping Stones Design. You should have arrived here from Always Inking, Tammie's blog.


Combined with the blog hop today, it's also Skipping Stones Sketch Tuesday which means we're showcasing another great creation from our Guest Sketch Artist this month, Heidi Blankenship. We'd love for you to play along with the sketch and link your card at the Skipping Stones Blog.  Also, remember to use SSD68 if you post to any on line sites.

Here is our blog hop order:

Heidi  

Now how fun is the new Green Birthday Set?!!!

Check out this week's sketch by Heidi:


Here is what I came up with:


All my paper is from the Pink Paislee Old School line...I simply adore plaid!  I picked up the line from Jenn, who has a Etsy Shop!  You might not be able to tell but, the cake has glitter on it...just a smidge but gives it the right amount of glitz!  The banner is also Pink Paislee, made of canvas.  Sadly, I should always have a stash of belated birthday cards since I tend to be late in sending out peeps' cards!

I wanted to let you know about a BUY 3 GET 1 FREE sale going on right now at Skipping Stones Design! Yup, you heard that right!! Buy three Skipping Stones Design stamp sets and get the fourth one free! How cool is that! Enter 31FREE at checkout to take advantage of this great offer while it lasts!

Okay off to Just Jingle's!



Comments

Love your card Amy! What a great take on the sketch!!! + love the colors as usual!!!
Have a great day! hugs Karin
Lynnda said…
Fab card Amy!! Love the colors and pp used!! As always what not to love here.. hugs... xoxo
Sherry Eckblad said…
cute, cute, cute! Love the card...even if you did add just a smidge of glitter. :)
Karen B. said…
Ooh, such a fun card. Love how you've turned the sketch into your own. Great glitter accents too!
Gladys said…
So pretty card as always!Amy! love the pp!
Michele Gross said…
Super cool! Love that plaid background!
Jingle said…
Very cute, Amy!
Brenda said…
cute card, Amy! I like your unique banner idea.
Holly Jones said…
Great card (as always). Thanks for supporting the Japanese Disaster! You are too sweet!
I loveeeeeeee this!! I love love love love that cake...and the colors are awesome! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
Sylvia said…
Love this card, Amy! My colors, too! Great design!
Karen said…
Cute & festive! And even though I haven't been using much lately, I {heart} Pink Paislee!! :>

Lima beans?! Sigh.... It's a texture thing for me. :>
~* steph :) *~ said…
fab card, amy! love your take on the sketch! thanks for sharing and have a great day! *hugs* steph :)
Anonymous said…
Love the colours.. love the cake and the almost like banner over... i had to look at it to see that is a border.. very clever :)
Angie Tieman said…
Holy Macaroni! HOw did I get so far behind on your blog?! Now going through my head is the song..."Can you feel the love tonight..." (although it's morning)...

Darling card! I love that letter border across the top and the sparkly cake! Mad for plaid, you can't beat it!
Sparkplug17 said…
Such a lovely card! I love the red background!
Amy said…
Ooooh what a cute stamp set and a super cute card Amy!! I love your cake!!
Tina said…
Gosh Amy, this is fabulous. Loving all the fun shapes.
xiumaiyuki said…
Fabulous take on this sketch!!! That cake is so pretty!
Barb Turpin said…
Amy your card is awesome! Don't you just love that Old School line? I've used it on a couple of cards for submission lately and I have to be careful to not hoard it (which I tend to do if I really like it)...love your take on the sketch.
Joy said…
such a cute card~ love the cake and the DP! so fabbie! have a good Tuesday!
Martha said…
How do you do it, this card is amazing!! Great colours too!
Alice said…
so fun! love your take on the sketch and the pps are so festive. super card, Amy!
Anonymous said…
Fabulous card! Love those papers, and of course love the new set!!
Anonymous said…
I gotta be honest, I looked at the sketch but hadn't scrolled down, and my first thought was, Hmmm, how would I incorporate the banner thing with the fancy panel thing below it? Then I scrolled down to greatness, super job on interpreting that sketch, that helps me a ton!!! And...could it be?...yes, more awesome sewingness!!
Tamra said…
Amy this was a very creative way to interpret the sketch...LOVE IT! You always come up with the coolest ideas.
cnelson said…
Perfectly FABULOUS in EVERY way!!
Chan said…
Fantastic card, Amy -- so super-fun!!
Winter said…
Very cute! I love those stamps! :)
Wendy said…
Darling card Amy!!! You are so good at using patterned paper. I totally have to force myself to use it!!! I hope you are having a good day!!!
Emily Leiphart said…
Mmmm, cake! I love this, Amy!! Your cards always make me smile.
yyam said…
Ahhhh...is that cake for me??? So yummy! I always have room for dessert...;)
Jana said…
Super adorable card. I'll have to make all of my b-day cards belated. I am SO bad at mailing them on time.
Shirl said…
Yummy-licious!!! {heart} the plaid paper!!!
lauren bergold said…
HA! i soooooooooooooooo hear ya re "belated" birthday cards!!! i can actually MAKE the cards months in advance...and then still SEND THEM belatedly...how's THAT for talent?!?!?!

speaking of TALENT: yeeeeeeeeeeowza, missus, this is ♥GORGEOUS♥ and YES i can see the glitter...tho obviously it'll be lookin' even better irl...fabbbbbulous job, as per usual!
Angi Barrs said…
Looovveee the letters on this and the yummy cake. :)
Lisa Petrella said…
Super cute!!! LOVE the paper pieced cake and that FUN banner!!!
ivy said…
i'm the same with friend's birthdays...i need a stash of belated birthday cards. i remember their birthdays but late in sending the card!
Tasha said…
This is so fun and totally cool, love the funky dp and colour combo
love tasha xx
Elara said…
Hi Amy! Hopping by from SSD to celebrate the Green B-day release! That is such a cute card! Love how bright it looks, perfect birthday card. :)

Debbie @ Phatelara
Yummy! That plaid is fab-u-lous!!!