..home sweet home...

...home sweet home...

What do those words mean to you?
I consider myself a homebody...not because I'm not a social personality but I like to just relax since during the work week things are so busy.

I have a little altered project for you...the cork base is actually a coaster.


For those of you that have been following me for awhile....you know that I didn't really play with lavenders/purples until last November when I did my "self-challenge"...

Well, since then I have dabbled more into that color family and certainly love it teamed up with green....that's where the Lily Bee Picket Fence line comes into play.  Did you know that it was designed by Julia Stainton?  I'm a HUGE fan of her work...

I couldn't help but pick up the Lily Bee Picket Fence 6x6'er at Ellen's!  All the paper is from the Picket Fence line...I used my Stampin' Up Butterfly die...love that thing!  Can you see the Kaisercraft pearls along the roof line?  The alpha is Making Memories, the button is Foof-a-la!  You know I had to add a smidge of stitching...zig zagging:)


The wonderfully talented Valerie of paper & cookies passed along the Stylish blogger Award to me!  Valerie has such a style about her that I absolutely a-dore....classic elegance with POW....Here's the rules - I have to tell you 8 random things about me then pass it on to 8 of my fav bloggers. 

Here goes:

1.  These have been my fav shoes lately....I have the kids version:)  Black patent...love the stuff...comfy and it gives me almost an extra 2 inches of height:)

2.  My colloquialisms....both written {obviously} and speech.  I definitely have my Amy lingo...

3.  Barefootism...I typically walk around the house barefoot...gotta love a good pedi...lately I've been diggin' blue toes:)

4.  Next to blogging/blurfing...I could spend hours on Pinterest.

5.  Growing up I wasn't a huge fan of veggies...as an adult I've discovered my love of beets!

6.  I'm the youngest of 3...I have 2 older brothers...being the youngest and the only girl is fabulous...at times I regret not having a sister but that's what you all are to me:)

7.  I'm a huge fan of inspirational quotes...love them...can't get enough of them.  I've been a supporter of things happen for a reason, you might not realize that when you're going through it...people come and go in your life for a reason...take the good out of the bad...

8.  This has been my drink of choice lately...other than good old fashion water...

Whew...that was actually difficult because I tried really hard to not list any crafty oriented tidbits.  Here's another difficult part...picking peeps....I'm sooo very thankful that I have a ton of bloggie friends...and I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings...that makes it super hard to pick because I think that you are all Stylish!  So here you go:

Karen B
Cheryl Nelson
Sylvia Nelson
Karin
Elise
Mona
Sharm
Lindsay

A ton of different styles and all of them sue-pah sweet:)

Check it OUT:



Comments

Dotty Jo said…
How cute, love the colours and the cork! Jo x
Anonymous said…
I love your play on purple.... you always make everything seems brighter. Love the butterfly in the house that is on a cork :D

thanks sharings more bits about yourself:D
TesaB said…
Adorable card, looove the colors, so striking. And supah cute with the house and all! And thanks for sharing, so fun to learn more about you1!!
Linby said…
This is sooo cute. Glad you are starting to love lavender! following my pinterest board on lavender you will get loads of isnpiration LOL! Isn't Pinterest addictive, spent soooo many hours on there yesterday-great fun.
Linbyx
Sherry Eckblad said…
great card love that paper and might just have to look for it. I would of never guessed you were someone who loves going barefoot, my Mom always called me an Oakie because I am barefoot so much.
Jennifer Rzasa said…
Hi Amy, I just love your cork project! I would have never thought to alter a coaster...very clever :) BTW, I'm also the only girl in my family with 2 brothers!
Laurel said…
Such a cute project, love the cork!
IvyandRein said…
You r such a cutie amy!!!
Mona Pendleton said…
So pretty Amy! That little house is darling and love how you incorporated cork!
Karen B. said…
Ooh, pretty card Amy! Great set of elements. Thanks for the award too!
Love love love love that project!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee using cork on altered projects, have made a few wall hangings with them myself!!! AND CONGRATS on the GDT!! That is AWESOME!! Left you some love over there! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
Kelly Booth said…
Love love your sweet coaster Amy...Soooooooooooo cute! Xoxoxo!
Sylvia said…
Love your cork piece, Amy! Butterflies and flowers have to be my favorites! Thanks for the award as well! Happy day to you.
Beth aka BR-T said…
Amy to me you are such a foot loose and fancy free lady and inspire me to know end! Thanks for sharing
Riet said…
So gorgeous Amy,I love the papers and the colours.

Hugs Riet.
Cassie said…
It's fantastic! I love cork!! =)
dstandard said…
Adorable - love the cork idea! Fabulous colors too!
xiumaiyuki said…
Love this sweet and pretty card!! I'm a home person as well! OMG... Im digging those shoes you like!
Lindsay said…
Aw, (blush) thanks so much for picking me Amy! I appreciate it so much! LOVE this bright and fun card using that gorgeous paper! Love it!
Lynnda said…
What a cute project with the cock!!..Great PP used too..hugs...xoxo
wendipooh13 said…
soooo lovin your fun card!!! CA_UTE!!!
Diane Jaquay said…
LOVE this altered coaster, the colors are great and I love the quilted design and cute house!
you always amaze me with you pattern paper palette!
liz :o)
Jaime Lee said…
Thanks for sharing! Indeed purple is a nice and sweet color. I just realize that in my stash I hardly have purple color pp. Pff....I guess I have to start getting some in :). You have a fabulous blog page and the spirit of posting it everyday!! Love it and have a good week!
ivy said…
you should play with purple more often! love it with the lime green!
yyam said…
Oh this is so sweet!!!! :) Love the use of the cork coaster....brilliant!
Angi Barrs said…
I'm lovin' that cork base. So Crafty Clever! I love Sobe too. :)
Tina said…
This is so pretty, I love the colors.
Alice said…
fabulous project. love love the colors you used. just beautiful. congrats on the award and the GDT spot! love reading a little more about you! thanks for sharing! =)
Elise said…
*Thunk!* Clunk!* Flitter flatter* Blush* SWOON!*

{Hey, I know SOME of those ladies and ONE of them is MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Oh, myyyyyyyyyy! What fun!} I am positively, HONORED to be included, thought of and linked to... ESPECIALLY, because - WE have soooo much in common! Besides our wisdom, craftiness and "special" punctuation and language... TWO older brothers, homebody status, with the social undertones, and a whole lot of crafty love, collecting and mojo - The list could go on! But, regardless, I do count YOU, sweet girl, as one of my FAVORITE treasures in this vast land, we call : blog! I adore you, dear! xoxoxo!
Elise said…
Oh, HI! Mee, again! Forgot, what I came for... originally! Was to swoooooooooon and swooooooon and crooooooooon over your SWEET, home sweet home craft! Chunks of corky goodness and blinged out delight: Yeowza! I'll pack some bags and move right in! Yipeeeeeeee!
Anonymous said…
Awww man, what a fun altered project!! Love the papers!!
fantastic project Amy! I love the idea of using cork!! so creative! :)
Gladys said…
beautiful! love the little house!
Rose said…
love that butterfly and fyi i just bought those shoes yesterday (the brown ones in adult size lol) sure hope they are as good as i have been told as i stand for 9 hrs at work and i am OLD! never heard of where you are GDing in April, but will hop over and check you out :)