happiness is key...

Well, we made it to Friday!!!!

I had fun with this card...the design was kind of tricky and I may have miscalculated some snipping....thank goodness there are no oopsies in crafting...there tends to always be a way to cover it up...LOL


I'm slowly getting through this Colorbok paper pad...I do love it but not every single sheet in the set...all the good stuff is almost gone.  Check out my other Colorbok cards HERE.

Check out the Mojo sketch:


I think the round design is a smidge trickier than the square but I do love the end result...it's shabby/scrappy...

I've been meaning to share some pics....we went out to lunch last Saturday at the Snappy Dragon.  They are known for their fresh noodles dishes...I hadn't been there in a while and thoroughly enjoyed myself {translation=ate like a hog}...LOL.  Here's a pic the boy took of their  Jiao-zi (boiled dumplings) :


Freshly made and ready to be boiled...delish.

I don't think I posted this pic of me and Darin...we double dated with a friend of his and had dinner up at the Space Needle...I have lived in Washington most of my life and have never had dinner there...it was so much fun and the revolving view was spectacular!


Seriously, what's not to love about the gorgeous city of Seattle and being able to share that view with thee best guy ever:)

I gotta tell you, he is ever so patient with me....helped me {& the boy} over the weekend...we organized my garage...glamorous, eh?  It was a major pain BUT so worth it...It is pretty sad when a kid says, "Mom, is this suppose to be a 2 car garage?".  It truly is a 2 car garage now and I park my car right down the middle....so I'm motivated to work in other parts of my home {translation = my crafty area}...I'm a 'wanna-be minimalist' that is a hoarder...I know...I know...it's not suppose to work that way.  

I have too much schtuff and I'm working on downsizing so when I caught Julie Tucker-Wolek's post about Nikki Sivils Scrapbook Supply Drive to help the Joplin Tornado Victims, I knew that I could pay it forward.


For starters, I'm unlisting 14 stamp sets that I have on my For Sale page and sending those.  Won't you help out?  Don't we all have tons of crafty supplies...maybe some that are slightly neglected...why not give them to a crafter that will appreciate them? 

Okay, make sure you check out the Flashback Friday Blog...the new challenge is up!

Comments

yyam said…
This is beautiful Amy! :) So luscious! And I totally don't see the oopsie...*LOL*

And those dumplings look yummy!

Have a great weekend
Shirl said…
My dear, you certainly have a heart of gold! :))

Love your card, and I doubt there really are any oopsies there that need to be covered ;)
Dora said…
Amazing work! And wishing you a wonderful weekend!
June Houck said…
Amy, your Colorbok card is really pretty….love the red and brown. I have always wanted to visit Seattle. One day…

I strive to be minimalist, and I am getting better over the years. My garage and house is neat and organized and not junky except for…can you guess? Yeah, my craft room. I have had 20 boxes of stuff stacked just outside my craft room door because I wouldn't be able to get in my craft room if I put it all in there. But I am going to get rid of those boxes, slowly, but surely. I am determined! Last weekend I went through one area of my craft room and created two care packages for two blogging friends (you know one of them…our favorite Alien). I also was able to move in 3 of the 20 boxes! 17 to go…
I went thru 3 other boxes and created blog candy for my blog. I was going to try to sell some of this stuff, but I'd rather give it away at this point.
Karen B. said…
You card is beautiful. No oopsies at all to be seen. And the patterns, oh how I admire the patterns that you use. The picture of you and your guy is pefect-o, you look sooooo happy!
Covering oooppp-sies is one of my fave parts of this job! LOL!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee your card and love love love love that photo of you and honey!!! And thanks sooooooooooooo much my dearest for posting Nikki's scrap-raiser!!! I appreciate it! love ya girl! :):):):):):):):):):)
Anonymous said…
I love checking out your blog! Thank you for making me aware of the scrapbook supply drive for the tornado victims. I'll gather supplies this weekend. I know everyone has extras that could be donated for the great cause. THANK YOU!
ooppsies?? where?? I can;t seem to find any! :) your card is as perfect as ever! :)

n ur truly are the sweetest in doin ur part for the fund raiser! very kind of u! :)
Regan said…
omg wicked card!!
Laurel said…
LOVE your card!
Lynnda said…
Ha ha.... Thank goodness the oopsies...is well camouflage!!!
The card is real beauty!!! ...love it heaps...!!!

YUMMYLICIOUS ... And photo of you and Darin...so cute!!!
..Big YAY for your good cause...Awesome sista... have a good one...hugs...xoxo
Beautiful card Amy!

Deanne :)
Sherry Eckblad said…
Love the card ~ wish I weren't afraid of round ones as they scare me.
Those dumplings look delish and a double date in the space needle what could be better.
cnelson said…
What a FAB post! LOVE the card..so GORGEOUS...those dumplings look incredibly YUMMY...such a GREAT pic of you and your guy...good for you on the garage cleaning project..and I LOVE the idea of the donation to the tornado victims. TFS!
Linda Breedlove said…
Cheryl's right... this is a fabulous post! I love your card... the colors are amazing! You really made me hungry... wow, I can just taste those dumplings. What a great photo of you and your love with Seattle in the background... so romantic!!!
Thank you, dear lady, for the info on the donations!
Have a Happy Day!
Riet said…
Wnat a beautiful card Amy.

Hugs Riet.xx
Kelly Booth said…
Gorgeous card Amy....love round cards and the colors are so pretty too! Yum Yum on the dumpings....made me hungry! Cute pick of u and your man....I want to go to Seattle....it is on my bucket list! :)
Emily Keaton said…
What a fun post, Amy! Loved reading everything. Your card is adorable. And yes, I *so* love that I can usually cover up my oopsies, too, when papercrafting!
Sparkplug17 said…
Such a lovely card! And glad you had a fabulous time at the Space Needle! Will have to try the Snappy Dragon! Have a great weekend!
wendipooh13 said…
soooo love your card and what a cute photo of you two!!!!
Rose Ann said…
Your card is gorgeous, Amy!! Those Jiao-zi's look yummy, and I love the photo of you and your man!!
Sylvia said…
Hi Amy, Love this card with all the labels! colors are good as well. Thanks for posting about Missouri. I may copy and paste and post. We can all clean out supplies! Hugs for the weekend, looks like you have a great guy in your life.
Anonymous said…
Sometimes oopsies make for the best cards!!! Wonderful card amy!

lisa a.
Joy said…
sweet card! love the shape, the colors and the embellishments are great! great pics and fun pic of you and your sweetie. have a good weekend!
Jay Gee said…
Your card is gorgeous Amy! Love the picture of you guys at the Space Needle, it must have been a great meal, you look very happy LOL.
Anonymous said…
girlie, you're going to be receiving a $bill$ from me for all the time I've spent sitting here, staring at this creation!!!! NO FAIRSIES!! Awesome work on this, it's absolutely divine!! =)
Anonymous said…
Loooooooove the pic of you two at the Needle! Makes me wish that I'd known you in 1999, the first and only time I've had dinner up there...waaaaayyyy cool!
Trinh said…
Yay for Fridays! Your card is gorgeous; love those patterns & colors. You look SO happy with your guy - great pic! And thanks for posting about the supply drive. I definitely have a ton of stuff I can donate. Have a great weekend!
Amy said…
What a cute card and what a sweet guy! Good for yougetting your garage done!
Tyggereye said…
Great card. Thats awesome about the garage. Mine is currently in disaray because of the pug garage sale leftovers are still in it. Oy..
Gotta go through my stash of stuff also.
Mona Pendleton said…
Such a pretty card Amy! Love the color combo! What a darling pic of you and your sweetie :)
Unknown said…
LOVE it!!! great colors !!
Angi Barrs said…
Love that circle designed card. So pretty. Mmmm mmmm dumplings. And will donate for sure. :)
Alice said…
awww.... gorgeous circle card, Amy! love all the stitching details. and mmm.... dumplings.... that's what we are having for dinner. only ours are frozen store bought... =) and thanks for the info on the supply drive! i'll definitely send some out! =) have a fab weekend!
ivy said…
thanks for the link & info! i was cleaning all last week in preparation for my sis & BIL staying with us of 6 days! i did pull out a lot of scrap paper and misc. supplies i don't use anymore so i know where it's all going now!
Rose said…
OK this is now on my list of fav cards by you !!! seriously girl this is stunning :)