on this special day...

**T*G*I*F**

Yahooooooo for Friday:)

Here's my craftiness for today:



I had a ton of fun playing with some October Afternoon 5 & Dime that I picked up over at Cassie's Etsy shop, Paper Issues.  I did some fussy cutting with the blooms...and that SRM fit perfectly...the interior says "Congratulations!".

I was inspired by the latest Cardabilities sketch:
I'm also entering this into the Gallery Idol 2011.  Have you check out the fantabulous entries?!!!  There are 374 members and 950 entries...950 peeps!  The most entries by one person is 19, this card of mine will make my total 8:)

My job involves a ton of paper...a ton...sigh...no getting around it for now...I happened to catch this corner of my desk the other day and thought I'd snap a pic because my sweet non-bloggie friend sent me the lucky bamboo my first week of work...and although you can't tell, it is still alive and growing...{says the black thumb}.  The card and the paper weight are from some former co-workers that I miss dearly and the Keep Calm journal I bought for myself...how could I resist?


Okay...that's it for me....I'll see ya tomorrow with my last Card Patterns sketch...I can't believe my time is almost up with that fabulous groups of gals...I've soooooo enjoyed my time with them!

Comments

~* steph :) *~ said…
super pretty card, amy! i love the patterned paper and the fussy cut flowers. great color combo and layout! hehe, i have a black thumb too...i think i can only grow an aloe plant cause it can last without water for awhile ;p'. hope you have a wonderful friday! thanks for sharing! *hugs* steph :)
li-bee-ti said…
Fab card, Amy! I also love that October Afternoon's line.
Piali said…
WOW!!! SO pretty! I loooooove this card!
yyam said…
Such a pretty card!!!!:)

Love the sweet pink journal!
Amy this is soo pretty!! i love the OA line too!!! you nailed this card and that bloom is gorgeous gurl!!:)
Love love love the card!!! GORGEOUS colors!! And loving the happy mail!!! I am IN LOVE with that peacock paperweight... pure pure pure love!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
Brandi said…
This is so cute. I just love the layout and the colors!
Pearl said…
Gorgeous! Love the colors and design!
Laurel said…
This is just gorgeous, love those papers!
xiumaiyuki said…
I love, love this pretty card!! And your Keep Calm journal is perfect.... I have a black thumb as well. :)))
Lynnda said…
Love your beautiful card!! Oh envy that pink journal !! Hugs xoxo
cnelson said…
love, love, LOVE this LOVELY card!!
Emily Keaton said…
Oh, your card is fabulous, Amy!! I just love those beautiful colors and patterns. :)
Tenia Nelson said…
So so pretty!!! Thanks for sharing and hope all is well...
Sylvia said…
Beautiful card, Amy! and your desk looks super clean to me for having a lot of paper. Have a wonderful rest of your Friday!
Unknown said…
Mmm, mmm, mmmmmm, this is so delish Amy!!

(-:Heidi
Heather Rogers said…
Beautiful! I love the pinks and greens.
Carla said…
I love the card, the fussy cutting and the great colors are marvelous! I also liked the little snippet of your desk, it's a nice touch!
Alice said…
LOOOOOOOVE the yummy paper you used for the card. so pretty! have a fab weekend! =)
Anonymous said…
TGIF is right and what a lovely card to kick the weekend off! I love the vertical sentiment. Fabulous.

lisa a.
Jennifer Rzasa said…
So cute...I love that paper!
Karen B. said…
What a way to use the sticker! Love this card for its brightness and freshness.
Jennifer said…
Great layout and Fabulous card!!! Love the journal too!!! (=
Trinh said…
Perfect design for that gorgeous paper! Have a great weekend!
Jen W. said…
Love those flowers - gonna have to check out that OA paper...

I killed my lucky bamboo pretty fast. :( It wasn't so lucky I guess!

Love that journal!
Tasha said…
Oh so fabulous!I love the mix of the OA papers, great mix of colours. Its a super design Amy
love tasha xx
Anonymous said…
Holy moses!! Loooove the greens and those flowers and the sewing!! Looooove that journal!
Tina said…
Gorgeous! I love the colors here.
Janice said…
What a cute little guy he is. Perfect paper choice!
Angie Tieman said…
Fabby card with that fabby paper!