bebe...

Hello and Happy Saturday!

I'm actually posting live:)  I don't typically do that...but I've been super busy and behind on things.

First things first...a ginormous shout out to all the gals that made the top 20 over at Gallery Idol!!!!!!!  Yahooooooooooo!!!!!  A BIG High Five to ALL my Bloggie Buddies that made it...I'm sooooooo thrilled for you gals!!!!  I can't wait to see your cards with DIY embellies...

Here's my card today...I was going to re-shoot the pic but never got around to it...we went out to dinner and saw Transformers...didn't realize mr dempsey was in there so that was a nice surprise:)

This was one of those..didn't end up like I thought it was going to end up...I didn't intend on making a baby card but one thing lead to another and well, yup, a baby card.  Works out perfectly as Darin's boss is having a baby boy.   All the paper is American Crafts Peachy Keen...actually my card is frugally cut from one sheet of the Easy as Pie sheet.  I managed to use the front, back and label strip!  All the buttons are DeNami Design and gotta love the Vinyl Thickers.  Why yes, I did bow all those buttons up with white string...I have tiny hands/fingers but when I do stuff like that, I always feel like I have big man hands...cracks me up.

I was inspired by this fab sketch over at Sassy Lil' Card Sketches:


My card base is actually 6 x 6 (Hi Yvonne!!) to accommodate all the stars:)

Okay, off to whip together a birthday card for my boy...it is the family party today..his 'real' birthday is next week...can't believe he is going to be 14.

Comments

Lindsay said…
This is so super sweet Amy! Love the colors and patterns!
Laurel said…
Super sweet card!
Heather Rogers said…
So cute! Love the stars. :)
Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee this!! LOVING those stars!! And how did the co-worker like their card??? Bet they LOVED it! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
Love the cute yellow ribbon, and now the question is do you have a 6 x6 envelope?
cnelson said…
So sweet and lovely! LOVE it!
TesaB said…
Ohhhh, supha sweet!!!! As always wonderful colors and patterns! And wow for all those tiny little bows!!!!
Sherry Eckblad said…
fun card. I didn't realize Mr. McDreamy was in that movie. Might just have to go see it.
Happy early birthday to the boy.
Dora said…
This is tooooo sweet!
Courtney K said…
love all those little bows!!
Tammy said…
Adorable! Love the sentiment! Have a wonderful weekend!
Sylvia said…
Such a cute card, Amy! Love all those stitched stars! Have a great weekend and hope your birthday celebration goes well.
Jennifer Rzasa said…
So cute, Amy. I really love those gingham stars!
Jo said…
Gorgeous card :) I didn't realise Mr Dempsey was it in - might be a reason to go and see it :D

jo xx
Karen B. said…
Its a labor of love, dressing those buttons and totally worth it!
Allison Rankin said…
Love all the mix of patterns here Amy! So pretty!
Linda Breedlove said…
Super Duper card, Amy... love all the starts and buttons.
Aimes said…
Such a sweet card, girlie! I think it was destined to be a baby card y'know :)
Hugs!
Aimes
x
wendipooh13 said…
ok... adorable!!! love this!! sooo glad you played along with Sassy!!!
Sparkplug17 said…
Such a fabbie card! I love all the stars!
Trinh said…
Aww, I just love the gingham, stars & colors, Amy!
lauren bergold said…
what an ♥AWESOME♥ baby card!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! also, a brilliant version of that sketch, but mostly i just LOVE the design. OF COURSE you have gotten bonus ninja points for eeking it all out of ONE SHEET of paper... and then hand-tying alllllll of those teeeeeeeen button bows! i cannot even imagine doing that and yet they MAKE the card that much more special so TOTALLY WORTH IT!!! ♥♥♥♥♥!
Anonymous said…
This sure is wonderful, love how it turned into a sweet bebe card!!
Angie Tieman said…
Super sweet card! Love all the button/stars and "bebe"! Also have to say what a generous, thoughtful, class act you are!
yyam said…
Such a sweet card!!! Really love the stars!!!! :)

Welcome to the 6x6 club...now there's 2 of us...lol
ivy said…
what a sweet card!

and HBD to your soon to be 14 year old!
owh this super duper cute!! tfs my friend!! :)
Angi Barrs said…
Love those stars! And love Transformers too. Lots of fun action. :)
Lisa Petrella said…
All of those little plaid stars are just DARLING!!! Love the button centers too!!!
Alice said…
love that you used only one sheet of pp for this! so cute and love the button details! lovely baby card!
Elise said…
I simply ADORE the way you see the world and OUTPUT amazing card craft! This is WONDERFUL!