Saturday, July 2, 2011

congratulations...

Hello and Happy Saturday!

Seems odd to not be posting for Card Patterns today...I had such a ball being on their Design Team...Did you check out the new Team?!!!  Talk about chock full of talent!  I look forward to all their fab inspiration!!!!

Guess what I do have for you?!!!!  The Craft's Meow has started a sketch challenge!!!  I know right...you're just starting to recover from all the July Release festivities and then we spring sketch challenges on you:)  If you know me, you know how much I adore sketch challenges!  So ink up those FAB The Craft's Meow stamps... 

The VERY talented Nadia Cannizzo whipped together a couple sketches for us....I'm playing with the card sketch:


My card incorporates the beautiful Graphic 45 line, Once Upon a Springtime, which is in the in the Butterfly Kisses Card Kit designed by our own Sarah Martina Parker!  All the kits are 15% off...sooooo go check them out!

Here is how the sketch inspired me:


Although I LOVE the colors of the Graphic 45 line, I don't tend to gravitate to that palette...I'm a loud and proud kind of girl so I spiced up my card with a ton of stitching:




I love how the polka dots on the tag that I picked match the polka dot panel...The Timeless Tag set coordinates with the Spellbinders Grommet Tag set.

I actually made this card especially for a very dear friend of mine...she's moving into a new place this weekend...such a great way to start a new journey...

I'll be entering this card into the Gallery Idol 2011...at my last peek over there, the gallery was filled with 1,302 pictures...wow...a total of 428 members...compared to Gallery Idol 2010 which comprised of 253 members and 851 photos...The peeps over at Paper Crafts have quite the job ahead of them....

My Momma Loves me...

Lookie what I came home to the other day....


Yup, she dropped off a surprise bouquet of peonies from her garden...how lucky am I?  I know that I'm a lucky duck...although I gotta say she is an "asian momma"...translation..I believe she is harsher on me than my brother's...probably because I'm the youngest, the only girl and definitely her favorite:) but she really is fabulous...everybody that meets her loves her to pieces...{you see a snippet of my dining room table...it came with the very first home that my folks bought in the early 1960's...I love it...totally updated the look by reupholstering the chair pads...check it out HERE}

Okie dokie....can't wait to see how Nadia's sketch inspires you!!!!

35 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Amy!!

    Wow, great flowers!!!

    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kinds words..:o)

    This is amazingly beautiful! LOVE IT! love those colours indeed. The tags look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Amy, you are a lovely lady to have a great momma..I am sure that your friend must be grateful to have this card...

    ReplyDelete
  4. great card and I really love the stamps!

    beautiful flowers, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The stitching is utterly awesome in this card and the flowers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow wow this is so beautiful.. Beautiful stitches too .. Yup you gotta right .. One lucky duck!!...it's sit perfectly as centre piece !! Hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great sketch and the card is absolutely perfect. How sweet of you momma to bring you those beautiful peonies. Mine bloomed in died in a matter of hours due to all the excess heat we were having here. Love the table and the room is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Amy!! Those peonies are FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh another fabby sketch challenge to add to my challenges-to-play-along-with list! :)
    Love your change of palette - it might not be your usual loud and proud but it rocks!
    Oooh checky those gorgeous blooms too - they look divine!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great combo of papers! Love it.

    lisa a.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, Amy! The stitching is just wonderful! Your table (and chairs!) are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. TOTALLY have every finger and toe crossed for you for this!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee that card!! LOVING the colors and the tag!! And LOVING the flowers Mama left!! GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Supah sweet card!! And what a gorgeous bouquet of flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a lovely card and lovely flowers! I totally get the Asian thing. :) Have a great holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. your friend will love this, amy! the peonias are gorgeous--yay, mom!

    ReplyDelete
  16. ahhh, so sweet! And as always, I love the patterns (and stitching!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amy this is terrific! I hope the best for you with the gallery idol!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a gorgeous card Amy.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. That card is gorgeous, I LOVE the colors, and the tag stamp is SO CALLING MY NAME! I have been eyeing that set for a few days now. Love your momma's gorgeous peonies!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous design. Love that paper. Awwww your momma loves you. So sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! Those flowers are beautiful! (your cards is awesome too!)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, I love how you used those Timeless Tags, Amy!! And I'm very excited to try the sketch challenge this month (if I can fit it in--fingers crossed), since I have 5 fabulous TCM sets!! Thanks for sharing the photo of those beautiful peonies. One of my favorites! Mine are all done for this season, though. :(

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great card Amy, and good luck with Gallery Idol. Can't wait to see who the top 20 are this year.
    Those peonies are stunning - your mama really loves you a lot & clearly has a very green thumb!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love what you do with sketches, but honestly, those peoonies have stolen my heart. I grew them in KY and so miss them. Lucky you to have that gorgeous table and a fabulous mom to boot.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Totally love your card, Amy! so pretty. and am envious of your mom's flowers. Love the dining room table. You are lucky and so is mom, my kids have never wanted any of the things that my H and I bought which we struggled to buy. Oh well their loss! Have a wonderful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  26. love how you used those pps together! beautiful card, Amy! and awwwwww..... LOVE those gorgeous peonies, too! lucky you! =) hope you are enjoying the long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the sketch and love how you worked with it, amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such sweetness! The real stat that I want on Gallery Idol is how many have you submitted? :>)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fantastic stitching on your beautiful card! And I love those flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  30. ooh...this is just so pretty!!! That stitching is amazing....and just the perfect mix of papers...so beautifully composed!!! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  31. wow---that's a lotta entries for idol. i submitted 2 cards...odds are really against me!

    you card is so perfect with all the perfect stitching! i think my machine has been unstrung for 1/2 year now?? i'm so lazy!

    good luck with idol amy!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Looove this card, the stitching is delicious! I grew up in a small town actually NAMED after the peony flower. The town wanted the name to reflect the Latin name of the flower, but the government claimed it had TOO many vowels, so the town decided to shorten it and accept it as Paonia. Anyway, peonies grow ALL over the town, especially in the parks!!! Every Memorial day the entire time I was growing up, we'd wake up at 6am, head to my aunt's house, pick all of her peonies, put them in bunches, then visit all the gravesites of family buried in town, putting the peony bunches at each headstone. It's such a gorgeous, great smelling flower!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great mix of papers! Fun, fun!

    ReplyDelete
  34. gogeours card Amy! love the earthy tones & stitching! :)

    ReplyDelete


Cheers,
~amy~