sunday stuff...

Sunday...where does the weekend go?

I'm going to be a busy crafty girl for most of the day...lots to do and can't wait to get started!

I have been having a love/hate dealio with all the CHA hoop'la....mostly because I'm not a millionaire and I can't afford all the FAB new stuff that they are showing...another CHA goes by and I didn't get to go, but I'm crossing my fingers for the Winter CHA 2012:)

Here are some linkies to some of my fav collections:




I spotted these over on the Craft Critique blog:



ugh, a new hobby for Amy....check out the kits HERE.

I actually don't have a card or layout to share with you today but I did want to sneak in some pictures that my boy has taken and edited...I won't be shy, I think the boy has talent:)


the boy took a pic of the girl holding those sweet blue blooms...



Hip 2b Square

I finally had the opportunity to get inside a 'new to me' brick and mortar scrapbooking shop that isn't too far from where I live...it is called Hip 2b Square..not just scrapbooking.  My timing was fabulous as Amy Heller was there {Hi Amy!} teaching a class and I had the chance to finally chat with that super over the top talented gal!  I wish that I could have taken the class but my day was packed'ola.  This shop is pretty fabbie and I will definitely be going back...I should have taken pics but with the class going, I didn't want to be a distraction:)

That's it for me....it's going to be a SUPER busy week on my blog...so be prepared:)

Comments

itsallrosi said…
fantastic photos!

glad you found a new place to shop!
June Houck said…
Ahhh, CHA. I would volunteer to sweep the floors if I could go! That is a dream of mine too. Let's go to the L.A. CHA together!
Laurel said…
such great photos!
Karen B. said…
I agree with you on the CHA thing...Chicago is only about a five hour drive from here and I didn't even THINK of going! Great photos too from your boy.
Jen W. said…
Wow! Gorgeous pics! Your boy has a great eye! :)
Jocelyn Olson said…
I know what you mean about CHA...too much good stuff and not enough $. The photos are phenomenal. I agree that he has talent!
cnelson said…
Your boy definitely has talent! GORGEOUS photos and editing! wow!
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh I am in love with those little birdies and love love love love his photos!! He is AWESOME!! And I am keeping my fingers crossed for 2012 too for you... cause I WILL BE THERE! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)
lauren bergold said…
oof i sooooooooo hear ya re CHA... i kind of try not to follow it too much b/c there's usually a lag between when you SEE the stuff and when you can HAVE IT!!! also, my LSS just closed so... sigh...

LOVING the inspo over here, tho! holy moly that boy *IS* talented, it must run in the family or something, lol!!! ♥♥♥♥♥ happy SUNDAY, missus!!! ♥
Sylvia said…
Love the photo's, how great to share your art with your son, Amy! Love the photo's of your fav's as well. At first I thought you had done all that stitching on a card! Have a wonderful day, Amy!
Lynnda said…
What a natural ...your boy is!!! Great photos!!!..I wish I can do the same... but supposed I should stick to my day job!!!..... anyhoo... I hope I can be there too!!!.... yep yep...I wish I strike 20M...!!! hugs...xoxo
Dora said…
That are beautiful projects and the pictures are stunning!
Angi Barrs said…
I'm so lovin' that pillow. And your boy has super photo skills. :)
Sherry Eckblad said…
loving the photos your son took. The kid has talent.
How fun a new Scrapbook store.
dstandard said…
Adorable cards and fabulous pictures!
Lindsay said…
Wow! Those pics are amazing! Love them Amy! I am in total agreement about CHA! It was torture to watch and I so can't afford most of the stuff coming out! Oh well...maybe a few things? Have a great rest of your weekend!
Sparkplug17 said…
Hope you're having fun crafting today and I hope you get to come down to Cali next year too! Fabbie pics as well!
yyam said…
Ahhh..the boy has talent! :)

Hope you have a fruitful crafting day! :)
Mona Pendleton said…
Awesome photos Amy! Sounds like you found a great store to spend your hard earned $$$ :) Great therapy!
CHA, hmmmm, I have not really paid much attention, too busy!!! I agree though, those birdies look great all stitched up :>)
As for the boy's pics - striking!
And, a new store...I am surprised you were not in line when it first opened ;>). Hee, hee, hee!!!
Audrey Pettit said…
Fun post, Amy! I can relate to ya about the CHA stuff. My trick is to not look too much at all the new stuff coming out, and then I won't want anything. Works for me. ;)
And I agree with you....the boy definitely has talent. Uh-mazing!
Carla said…
I'm no expert, but I'd say he has talent!
Alice said…
beautiful photo by your boy. he is amazing! wow!
ivy said…
i'm crossing my fingers for you & CHA winter!

your son has major photog skills! maybe you can hire him to photograph & edit your cards!
Els said…
I'm with you on the CHA thing!! Never in the world will I have enough money to buy all the goodness!! Living in Belgium, in scrapbook desert, doesn't help eather! Have to find me a good design team to join (if one will ever want me), to have acces to at least some goodies ;)
Appears like your son is developing some talend there!! Great work!
Sandy Ang said…
I'm just blown away by your son's photos. They are wonderful ! Do you think there's any chance he would let me put them in my inspiration scrapbook ?
Valerie said…
Your son's photos are really nice, Amy! And lucky you getting to meet Amy in person - and do a little scrappy shopping, too :)
those photos are beautiful Amy! your boy's got talent for sure! :)