welcome..

Hello and T.G.I.F!!!

So yesterday, before I knew it, I volunteered to make a card for a new gal that will be joining our department at work.  Usually no biggie for me, slam together a card...what's the big deal?  Um, I now work for a design firm and I'm surrounded by over the top creative people...ugh, what was I thinking? 

So, instead of freakin' out, I decided to get crackin' on my card last night.  I've met the new gal a couple times but realistically don't know what her style is...so, although "loud and proud" is my calling, I decided to tone it down a bit. 

Here's what I came up with:
Whaddya think?  Personally, I don't think you can go wrong with some Crate goodness....I was inspired by this gorgeous card by Amy Heller.  All the paper is by Crate {including the chippie flower}...the alpha is Sassafras.  My thread is vintage and adds a smidge of pop to the card.  I ran some white thread through the 'welcome'...something I learned from the very fabulous Valerie.  It adds some interest to the greeting and quite frankly, I tried about a gazillion different alphas only to go back to the first alpha I picked...grrrr...with it stitched down, I know it will stay in place.

So, I get to bring it into work today and have people sign it..watch me forget it at home...{slappin' my forehead}....I'm going to go put it in my purse now, while I'm thinking of it...

Please join me over at



A brand new challenge and a pair of spectacular sponsors!

Comments

Lynnda said…
Check you out Sista!!I love this!!! I'm sure she will!! Stunning ... Totally beautiful card!! Happy Friday .. And have a good one.. Hugs... xoxo
Els said…
Oh! What a stunning card!! Love it!!
First :( and I know you will know what that means.... love ya soul sista! :)

Anyhoo... I just loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee the card!!! Just gorgeous!! I love the design and of course all the YUMMY Crate!! And hoping you remembered to put it in your purse! lol!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
Sherry Eckblad said…
beautiful card and your new co-worker will love it.
How thoughtful - love it!

Deanne :)
cnelson said…
This is just GORGEOUS Amy!
Angi Barrs said…
What a sweet coworker you are Amy! She is gonna love this.

Have a fabulous weekend! :)
wendipooh13 said…
LOVE this card!!! it's soo pretty!!!!
Sylvia said…
This card is beautiful! I love what you did with the dsp and the chipboard. I will remember what you did with the sentiment, it looks great! Happy Friday to you and hugs for the day!
I totally know what you mean by intimidation! This card is great! It's a perfect welcome!
Emily Keaton said…
This is beautiful, Amy! I love these colors. Heading over to Flashback Friday next. :)
Karen B. said…
Oh, that Valerie gal is talented and so are you! I would love this card if I were the new gal! That's so nice that you all do that! And super sad to not see your name up on the GI post this morning. You are so very talented and so very deserving. Can I call you my very own Gallery Idol winner?
~jan said…
What a beautiful card, Amy! Im sure the new gal loved it. :) I have those alphas and cant wait to use them now! The stitching is a really nice detail.

Have a great weekend!
Alice said…
absolutely fabulous card, Amy! you should be proud! =) so elegant. love love it!
Anonymous said…
pressure on and you came out way ahead. Lovely card!

lisa a.
Carla said…
You are the cutest thing ever! AND super talented!! The new girl should be HONORED to get this gorgeous card!!! AND your coworkers already know you're a genius, so no worries there!
Dana said…
Good grief. Can I be the new gal in your department? I love this "toned down" beauty and I have no doubt she will too. But I totally LOL at your "loud and Proud" comment HA!
Linby said…
You pulled it off beautifully Amy - as always.
Linbyx
TesaB said…
It's FABULOUS! She will love it and you totally ROCK!!!!:)
Sparkplug17 said…
Such a lovely card!
lauren bergold said…
DUDE!!! in a room full of "OTT creative" ppl... you'd still be the OTT creativest!!! :) :) :) (ok, see, sometimes heartfelt sentiment and good grammar JUST DON'T MIX!!!) :) :) :)

i ♥LOVE♥ this and so did every single person who signed it... not to mention the lucky recipient, i bet it stays on her desk for SIX MONTHS!!! :

(re stitching alphas: as much as i love THICKERS i have to say that they are the most likely to break my heart by not all staying affixed to a card. but sometimes regular stickers aren't so hot either! i pretty much run the machine through EVERYTHING now. sigh.)
Angie Tieman said…
Gorgeous! Love the vintage, warm feel!
yyam said…
Classy and elegant! I think it's perfect! :)
ivy said…
the girl is new AND she gets an original amy creation! lucky gal!
omg! i so love this! the combination of papers is really beautiful! me totally likey this vintage masterpiece!! :)
IvyandRein said…
this is a stunner :)
Elise said…
I'm giggling and snorkling out loud - you are FREAKIN' hilarious! Glad you managed to tone it down a bit - LOL! Everything you do is LOUD and proud, no matter what your color scheme! I swear,girl! YOU amaze me! This is SPECTACULAR! Your co-worker will LOVE it!
Tina said…
This is fantabulous! Love that flower and the look!