keep calm and eat cake.

Super busy day for me today...although I wish I was joining all the other gals at CHA this weekend, I do have a super fun day planned....I'm banking that I have everything timed right or else the whole day will fall apart {one of those jam packed...back-to-back days}.

One of the things on the agenda is taking my boy to a birthday party.  

Here's a smidge of our convo:

me:  I guess I should whip together a card for the birthday girl...is she a girly girl?

boy:  No, don't make it too girly.

me:  okay, what color should I use?

boy:  pink.

me:  {thinking to myself}...that's my boy.

So here is the not too girly card with pink:

I've been working at using my older neglected collections....this is Basic Grey Hello Luscious....gotta love that name!  The cardstock is PTI {yuppers...I'm back to my kraft bases!} and the sentiment is EAD Designs Co-Branding with Paper Smooched Birthday Sentiments Stickerz.

This is what I woke up to:


I don't know why...but it stresses me out...I'm trying to do this whole 'healthy living' dealio...working on not getting stressed {did I mention I packed my day too full}...soooo I did a quick read through and after 2 hours I decided that I needed to press the ole "mark all as read"...that's a big deal for me...I don't want to miss out on anything but there are not enough hours in the day for me to do all that I want to do {grrr...}...So please don't think I'm ignoring you...I'll be better next week:)

Okay, enough of that....the Flashback Friday 19.0 winner has been posted!


Flashback Friday 20.0 goes live on Friday, February 3rd and we're going to be having a celebration to mark our 20th challenge!  You definitely won't want to miss the festivities...there will be prizes...lotsa prizes and a whole lotta fun...a ton of my Flashback Friday Friends will be playing along with me!

p.s.  Check out what the fabbie Karen Baker designed for me.....


She is responsible for my oh-so-fab blog design...be sure to check her out!

Thanks soooooo much Karen!!!!

Comments

Rose said…
well this is perfect for a not so girly girl that likes pink :)

hope you get everything done today!! have FUN :)
Els said…
Keep calm (and eat cake), Amy!! Great girly card!!
lookin' forward to FBF 20.0! :)
Karen B. said…
Gotta love those boys, no matter what age they are. Cute card, I think it is perfect!
Sherry Eckblad said…
love the card and you fit his request to a "T". Pink and not too girly.

I would of hit the delete if mine said 500.
That's why I was soooooo stressed out when that one blog caused that error on mine :( I have all my bloggy's listed on my side bar....and it's so much easier for me to look/manage/compute/see than google reader... mine ALWAYS says 1000+ ...ugh!

Anyhoo... LOVING the card!! I loveeeee that flower!!! And we have to take Brookie to Chuck E. Cheese party this evening... yes, I am accepting prayers for me and Daddy... just sayin'! :):):):):):):):):):):)
Anonymous said…
Love the card! The sticker sentiment looks so fun! I need one!

I try to keep my RSS feeds down below 200 everyday... I have been sorting the feeds into folders like "Love", "Like"... My goal is to at least finish the Love ones as soon as I could:) Like this one:)
Jay Gee said…
I love your not too girly card with pink! Enjoy your busy day :)
Sylvia said…
Love your pink, not too girly card, Amy, love that boy! Your interpretation of what he wanted is fabulous, just hope he likes it, but know she will. I am not doing much this weekend, just stressing! So you hang in there, hope you got everything done you wanted to. Have a less stressful Sunday!
Angi Barrs said…
Love your adorable card....especially that fab flower. :)
alexandra s.m. said…
I love it and the stitiching looks fab!
TFS~
Laurel said…
Gorgeous card Amy!
Jenny said…
Just love that conversation Amy and the card is just perfect for the birthday girl :)
Jenny x
Trinh said…
Love the cute, not-too-girly card!
jen said…
ha! ha! ha! That conversation cracks me up- and I think you nailed it! LOVE the cute design by Karen! And your busy day sure was a treat for me!! :D
wendipooh13 said…
LOL!!! love the conversation!!! and such a SUPER cute pink card!!
Evelin said…
This is just gorgeous! :) Lol... and it's not too girly :)
Take care and remember to take a break and enjoy some rest yourself, k? :)

Hugs :)
Evelin said…
This is just gorgeous! :) Lol... and it's not too girly :)
Take care and remember to take a break and enjoy some rest yourself, k? :)

Hugs :)
Evelin said…
This is just gorgeous! :) Lol... and it's not too girly :)
Take care and remember to take a break and enjoy some rest yourself, k? :)

Hugs :)
Dora said…
great conversation and love the not to girly girl card with a bit pink, you did a great job!
Jennifer said…
SUPER CUTE!! Love the sentiment and pretty flower!!! (=
June Houck said…
Mark them all as read and leave the guilt behind (says me, the guilt-ridden-ignore-the-blog-reader girl). Seriously Amy, you are super woman. I can't believe all that you accomplish. I too feel the guilt, but I hope my true blogger friends realize that I always try my best, but family and other life stuff has to get taken care of also. I am hoping that once I survive the next few days that I can get back on track with my blog reader and crafting.
Jen W. said…
Not girlie girl but pink... love it! Guys kill me. :) Love that big pink flower and the pink stitching and the sentiment rocks. :)
Lindsay said…
This is just too cute Amy! I LOVE the pink stitching!
OHHH! Another amazing card--LOVE the pink stitching! And I woke up to 1500 new posts in my blog reader (shrook) ....its' because I haven't been on my computer in 5 days! Yikes! So I totally understand your stress! :)
Lynnda said…
Cute!!!...hugs...xoxo
Audrey Pettit said…
Oooh, LOVE your pink, not-too-girly birthday card, Amy! What a fab design! And Karen did an amazing job on your blog siggie. She's soooo talented.
Tyggereye said…
I do that many weeks. Sometimes its just hard to keep up with other blogs every week. Great card. :)
Anonymous said…
OMG OMG I absolutely love that card!!!