a new beginning...

Hi All!

Happy Sunday!  For some reason when I popped out of bed this morning at 4 am {I know, I know} I thought it was a work day...Since I'm already up, I decided to put together my blog post.   Seems like I have been consistently blogging live on the weekends...I don't really like to do that but it works.

So, I mentioned how busy of a day I was going to have yesterday....My first stop was to meet up with the oh-so-fabulous JEN SHEARS!!!!!!


I don't know about you all but I ALWAYS find an instant connection with fellow bloggers that I get to meet in person...and Jen is just way too fabulous for words.  We had a great visit {oh boy, her craft room and home are divine!}...and her sweet girl Hadley took the picture of us {Thanks Hadley!!!}.  

My next stop was to join in the festivities for Tiff's Baby Shower...but long story short, I wasn't able to go because of a glitch...grrr....I even had little gifties for the boys...more on that in a smidge.

So as I was driving home from Jen's, I remembered she mentioned a shop that I would be kinda sorta passing by on the way home and to cheer me up that I wasn't going to see the Fab Tiff, I went to search it down.

It is located in what I remembered to be the sleepy town of Sumner {population less than 10,000}...um, it was hopping...like I couldn't find a parking spot so I had to go around and around but by then I was on a mission...my sense of direction is poor {embarrassingly poor} so I 'need' to park close or I 'might' forget where I left my car {hanging my head in shame}....anywho's....O.M.G....soooooo worth the trip:










I know, right?

Sooooooooooo FUN....Before I ever take any pictures in a shop, I always ask if it is okay.  So that starts this whole conversation process when I start rambling about my day and how Fabulous Jen is...how I was suppose to go to a baby shower but couldn't....yadda yadda yadda...

Some of my frequent Garage Sale gals mentioned paper Muse to me but I'm such a visual girl that I never made it out there until now and as I told Darin, I'm a huge fan of supporting local business {translation it gives me the freedom to purchase a bunch..} I will definitely be an enthusiastic customer of paper Muse's....

Thanks for reading my novella....sheesh, I'm just finishing up my 1st cup of coffee...can't drink too much or I won't be able to go back to sleep!

So here are a couple of cards that I made for the shower yesterday that will now go snail mail:

I have quite a number of pieces from the Basic Grey Hopscotch collection...I really love the sherbet-y colors and thought it would be perfect for a Baby Girl card.

Nothing like personalizing the card for the baby-to-be:

The glittery alpha is Making Memories...I like that it gives the card a whimsical feel because of the different fonts...

Lillianne's card is based on the Freshly Made Sketch:



This card is for Tiff:


Yup, using Hello Luscious again...the green and pink are such a striking duo....the sentiment is ala SRM.

It's a loose interpretation of the Frosted Designs Sketch:


Seriously, you gals are troopers if you've made it this far....

I wanted to share a surprise when I got home last night:

Ta Da!

The start of my closet organization in my Craft Room:


The wonderful Darin did that wall dealio with some sort of tool....it took most of Saturday morning to complete...I.LOVE.IT.  Yes, those are paper trays and yes, I have more that I'll be putting up.  The kids said, "It looks like Mom's paper store!"

I'll be surfing Pinterest for some storage ideas for the shelves...baskets?  hmmm...clear bins for visibility?

I don't think I'll worry about the white wall for now...I figure when I get all my goodies in there, the white wall won't be an issue...


Okay, that's it...LOL...thanks for hanging out with me.

Comments

jessica said…
I love your new storage closet! Can not wait to see it all completed and filled....
beautiful cards BTW. You always do such wonderful work :)
Looks like a super fun shop...I love supporting the locals like that and we have an awesome store like that here!
Have a GREAT day!!
NinaB said…
Sounds like a fabulous weekend, Amy. I'd love to meet you in person someday, too!
Laurel said…
Beautiful cards! Can't wait to see pictures of your closet all filled up!
Jennifer Rzasa said…
Great post! Where did you get those paper trays and the thingy that holds them for your closet?
Unknown said…
beautiful cards! love that closet rack...must have taken a long time to cut all those slots! i can't wait to see what you decide to use, but i like your clear bin idea...sounds interesting :)
Lynn said…
so sorry you didn't get to the shower, but it sounds like you had a fabulous day! The store looks amazing! I love your closet too! Gorgeous!
Karen B. said…
Fabulous cards, the glittered letters are so perfect! And you and Jen, sheesh, what a perfect combo, would have loved to been a fly on the wall during your visit! You two are too cute! Great closet too, secretly jealous!
Evelin said…
I love your craft space!!!! so nice!!! :D
cnelson said…
What a fun day! Darling cards! I am so envious of your closet organization for your craft room!
Jana said…
Wow girlie. You are way too chipper for haing gotten up so early. Your cards are so cute.
Sherry Eckblad said…
Wow, Are you sure you only had one cup of coffee? It sounds like you had a fun day and that little store is just adorable.
I LOVE your craftroom so far and can't wait to see the finished room.
Jen W. said…
Whoop whoop for meeting crafty friends! Bummer about missing the party... I want to go to that store! The cards are gorgeous and your craft closet puts my Craft Cave to shame! Can't wait to see it when it's filled up!
Seriously jealous of the closet, nice!!! And what a fabulous shop.. and Jen, grin... I keep telling people I'm going to meet a blogging pal and I feel like I've been internet dating and what if we don't like each other and they laugh at me... so thanks for the advance research, chuckle, chuckle.
itsallrosi said…
wow, that closet is looking great! and of course the cards are, too!
Linda Callahan said…
Loved the post! Loved the shop and love your "shop"! Your cards are wonderful too :)
Linda Breedlove said…
LOVE this post, Amy... a day in the life..... thanks for sharing. Would love to visit that shop with you... looks fabulous!
Hope you got some more sleep!
Hugs!
Sylvia said…
Fabulous day, Amy, what could be better than a friend and shopping, too! Love both cards and your closet. Definitely clear cause if you can't see it you won't know it is there. I have a great closet, actually two of them, one mostly organized and one totally so and I only get in there when I can't find what I want out. The paper racks are really over the top! Have a wonderful Sunday!
Tammy said…
A wonderful post! Looks like you had a great day and oh how I love your storage closet!
Linby said…
Fab shop - fab storage - totally jealous of both! Love your cards as always.
Linbyx
SmilynStef said…
When I read about your directional struggle, I laughed out loud ... I tell people I pretty much get lost at least once a day, so I'm always looking forward to what my next adventure will be ... worst was ending-up in Peoria, Illinois when I was driving to Chicago (yeah, look at the map ... you'll see how bad it is). Glad you were able to salvage some fun even if you missed the shower.
Ann said…
This is a beautiful card and I LOVE your interpretation of our sketch. Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs!
Emily Keaton said…
Loved this post, Amy! Your photos at Paper Muse are fabulous--looks like a great store! You had quite a lot of adventures (so fun to read about), and aren't you lucky to have been able to return to the setup for your very own paper "store!" Wow, that's awesome. Glad you are having such a FAB weekend!
Lindsay said…
What a super fabulous post Amy! I also looove your cards!
Els said…
Loved reading about your day, Amy! That shop seems so great!! Love the pictures you've taken!
Amazing cards!! Love the colors and the bright designs!
Your scraproom ... So jealous!! ;) You are one lucky woman! enjoy! :)
Marlena M. said…
What a great day! The pic of you and Jen together are adorable. ;) Amy, your cards are truly joyful and fun. ;)
Okay so envious of your new crafty closet! That looks incredible! Your cards are really cute! Love the pix from the store you visited!
Jenny said…
What a great post..I sooo enjoyed reading it :) The shop looks fab, I can see why your glad you called in!
Can't wait to see the moved in version of your craft closet... that's quite some handy person you have there!!
Jenny x
Jen Timko said…
I am sooo envious of that closet! Wow!! The cards you made are great. Love how you personalized Lilianne's card. Glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches!
Rose said…
well i stuck it out until the end LOL
sounds like a great day and what a fab shop to find!!
fab cards :)


your closet..............AWESOME!!!!!! where did you find the paper trays?

D does realize that once this room is finished you are never going to come out of it, right? ;)
Trinh said…
Looks like you had a wonderful day! You & Jen are so cute; wish I could meet both of you one day. Your cards are fabulous - so happy, perfect for baby & mama. And your closet makes me want to redo my space. Can't wait to see it all finished!
Tui Nathan said…
What a great post ... love your craft closet, wow ... can't wait to see it filled too!
Your cards are loovely too ... love your sparkly Lillianne!
Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!!!
Anita Rex said…
Hi Amy! I really enjoyed reading this post! :> Sounds like you had a fantastic weekend! I am sorry you weren't able to go to the baby shower, and curious lol! Such a super cool store you visited! Love it! :> And love your cards too! :>
jen said…
These cards are so fun! And I am so happy that you loved paper Muse too! It's the cutest!!! You so make me giggle- what fun this week will bring! *wink*
(and your space looks like it will be SO ORGANIZED! love it!)
yyam said…
Oh my! You have your own little craft store! How exciting! :)
Dora said…
Great story and that room...wow lookds great!
Lynnda said…
Fabulous cards Amy!!...Sounds like a fabulous weekend, Sista. I'd love to meet you in person someday, too!...hugs..xoxo
farmhouse-story said…
such a wonderful post, amy! your closet is so FAB! darling cards:)
Audrey Pettit said…
What a fun post Amy! Love, love, love seeing all your fabulous photos and hearing what you've been up to. Sounds like you've been having a wonderful time, except for the shower thingy not working out. I am sooooooo excited for you about your scrappy closet re-do. How fabulous!
Lisa Petrella said…
WOW! What an adventure, Amy! I always LOVE meeting bloggy friends in person too---it's SOOO MUCH FUN! Paper Muse looks like an absolutely AMAZING shop! Your cards turned out DARLING!!! And that craft closet of yours is to die for!!!! WOWZERS! Can't wait to see it all loaded up with your goodies!!!!
Camie said…
AMY!
It was really nice to meet you and I am truly blushing right now, thank you so much for the wonderful post. I had no idea you were going to do that! You sneaky sweetie...you and Jen are one in the same! Very jealous of your closet by the way.
Tyggereye said…
What a great store! I wish I got to meet more of my bloggy friends. Its difficult being so south. lol. What a great store!
Stampalicious said…
great card, thank you for joining our challenge at Frosted Designs, hugs,m artina
Anonymous said…
What a fun weekend and I bet Tiffany LOVED her card for Lillianne. Your craft closet looks awesome!!!
Loveeeeeeeeee the photos and the cards are ADORABLE!! LOVING the colors...and your new scrappy closet is AMAZING!!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE it... puts my little closet to shame! :):):):):):):):):):):)
Anonymous said…
Those cards are absolutely delicious {such great colors and embellies} and I am eternally jealous of your scrap room! However, that being said, I have to admit that when we lived up in Hellington, in the 3600sq.ft. home, I had an entire room and closet for office/scrapping. Yeesh, didn't know I had it so good! I had THREE scrapping desks!!! Now, I have one/half of a scrapping desk, and color me happy for that hehehehe
Sunny79 said…
Great work on our sketch.
Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs, Marina