how so very tweet of you...


Hey There!

Happy Sunday to You!

Mega long post this morning...grab  your coffee and get comfy.

Here's a card that I whipped together this morning...I'm blogging live:)

I used:

The Craft's Meow






I've been eyeing this FAB sketch and noticed that I have a couple of hours to link up...like 3+!




I also combined it with the current Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger:



There is so much that inspires me about this but in today's card I was inspired by:

1.  red & white polka
2.  blue & white polka
3. tape measure
4. wood grain
5.  kraft
6. bird

In yesterday's post I chatted about some of the fab stuff that I had recently won...I also wanted to share some other goodies:

RAK from Sherry


She not only sent me this gorgeous card but also sent me loads of different cardstock and envies....soooooooo very fun.  Thanks soooooo much Sherry!

Blog Candy from Karolyn


I was also lucky enough to win Karolyn's Paper Smooches blog candy...the Potpourri set arrived yesterday!  Thanks sooooo much Karolyn!!!!

 I wanted to share some pictures that I took on Friday when I visited a Packaging Specialties store:



As their name says...they are thee packaging specialties place...lotsa fab stuff including all these spools of ribbon....

I've noticed that one of the CHA Winter trends was asian inspired items....


How sweet are these?!

bags...and more bags...


You know how I love to embellish those flat kraft bags?  This is where I get them....

tags...and more tags...


I LOVE their pre-printed tags BUT I can't get myself to buy them {can't justify it with all the stamps I have}...so I purchased their white blank tags...

Wrapping paper...


Ribbon...and lotsa more Ribbon...


This wall is primarily Midori and Divine Twine...I'm pretty sure that everybody has heard of Divine Twine...love their stuff...but Midori isn't a name you hear as much within the paper crafting industry...their stuff is so very lush & elegant..

Okay, I know that I promised bowling pictures but they all turned out too dark!  We actually reserved a lane at Lucky Strike.  I gotta tell you though...we started off having lunch at a new to me Chinese restaurant in the same shopping square:


The wait was horrendous but the food was pretty good...Would I go there again...probably not.  I get impatient having to wait for so long...we were even there before 11:30 am!  It's Dim Sum but without the carts....that's the fun of Dim Sum though...seeing all the stuff on the carts....

Then we went bowling...I can't remember my scores but we managed 2 games {sheesh, I was exhausted by the 2nd game}...My momma had so much fun...that my friends is priceless.

Comments

Annette Allen said…
wow what a fun fun store...I wish we had something like this...love your cute card....great take on the trigger...
Sherry Eckblad said…
First off your card is wonderful. It was a fun sketch to play with.
Glad you liked your little RAK I sent.
That store looks like a place I could spend hours in. Do they carry glassine envelopes or bags?
:( I was so looking forward to the bowling photos.
I love that paper smooches set you won. The fonts are fabulous.
Lynn said…
Sounds like the perfect day with your mom (except for the wait...I'm with you on that!). Our family loves to go bowling too but don't do it often enough.

Your card is gorgeous...and all those goodies...wow!! Can't wait to see them all in action!
jessica said…
LOVE all those goodies....your card is amazing as always :) Love your take on the sketch!!
Can I come shopping with you???? Love everything in that store!
TFS
Sylvia said…
Fabulous card, Amy, so love the papers! Your day sounds like it was wonderful, so glad you and your mom had a great time. I hope you are able to have many more. Enjoy your Sunday!
Thanh Vo said…
Omg omg!!! Amy you have to take us to this place when we come in April!!! It looks DIVINE!

Your cards rock, love your interpretation of the sketch and my favourite? - The little piece of measuring tape!
Laurel said…
What an adorable card!!! I also love all the pics!
loveeeeeeeeeee your card!!! and loving your happy mail and that store looks fun!!
I'm envious!!!
+ Your card is super tweet!
hugs, Karin
Unknown said…
beautiful card! thanks for sharing the photos of that amazing store. i love the colors and selection...my brain would have exploded. lol
cnelson said…
Sounds like your day with your mom was so fun!! What a fun store!! Love that card!! Fab colors!!
jen said…
my goodness- your card is so fabby- and great use of the challenges!!! I haven't been to packaging specialties in years- but you're making me remember why I used to love to go! May have to venture to the big city again! hee!!!
So glad the birthday celebration was lots of fun!!!
Emily Keaton said…
Gorgeous card creations, Amy, lots of great RAKs, fabulous photos of Packaging Specialties, and a fun time for your Momma's birthday!! Awesome post!! Thanks for sharing it all. :)
Jay Gee said…
Love your take on the sketch Amy - fab card. That store looks so amazing you could spend hours in there. So glad you all had fun bowling :)
Els said…
Drooling here over all the store pictures. WOW! I would never leave that store again.
Great to hear you had a fun day yesterday!
Love that card too!
Ryann said…
Sounds like a wonderful weekend! How did I miss this store when I was up there in December? Next time for sure!! I love your TT card - it's spot on!
wendipooh13 said…
that store looks like tons of fun!!! LOVE the card, esp the flower bling on the birdie!!! CUTE!
Cute card, love those colors together... Would it work for CAS-ual Fridays?
Larissa Heskett said…
LOVE the fun card!! The flower in the bird hair is too cute!! THANKS for sharing all of the fun stuff!! Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)
Your card is so cute. I love the tag stamps. The Store looked way to fun to leave. TFS.

~Tami
scrappinrabbitdesigns.blogspot.com
C said…
Wow...what a great post..of course, your cards are super cute! You just "whipped them out this morning"! How do you do it?

Lucky you to have such a great crafty shopping place! Living in FL leaves shopping to be desired.
Love the woodgrain on your card! Super cute! that store looks amazing! Waiitng to eat is never fun.
Lynnda said…
Love your card... its pretty....love the design and PP....

YAY you had a ball with Momma... thats nice...

Yup me too like you... not a fan when it comes to long wait for food... I'll passed... he he...

Hugs...xoxo
Great card - I can see why you were drawn to the sketch!
What a fun day :>)
Janetcraft said…
Hi Amy, I miss your comments and thanks for coming back to give comments!! I am doing fine now, if by any chance I will talk more to you.
I see you so crazy again with many ribbons, papers and wht else....papercraft stuff!
Your description of Dim Sum is super good...so irresistable!
Trinh said…
Cute, happy card, Amy! Love the little birdie. And that shop? I would be in heaven!
Jen W. said…
That store is insane! I would walk out of it a very poor woman...
Mona Pendleton said…
Cute card Amy! Love that sweet little bird and pretty patterned paper! Great photos from the shipping store! TFS :)
Anonymous said…
This post is just one big ball o' awesomeness!!!!
Dora said…
Beautiful card and love that store...and wish I could visit is sometimes....:):)
Audrey Pettit said…
What a fun post! Love your card! Great take on all those challenges. Love the pennants at the top and all those polka dots make me happy. And thanks for sharing all the photos. That store looks like so much fun to browse. Glad you all had a wonderful time bowling for your mom's birthday, too. :)
Lisa Arana said…
Lots of goodies today. Just adore your sweet card.
Jenny said…
Oh my, you sure have some amazing shops in your neck of the woods!!! I would spend forever in that shop!
Fabulous card, love how the moxie photo inspired you :0)
Yep photos in a bowling alley just don't work do hey, glad you had fun tho :0)
Jenny x
Anonymous said…
Oh Amy, Din Tai Fung is one of my favorite Chinese Restaurant. I wish we have one in Phoenix! And more blog candies came your way? I am envious!
Hey Amy! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)
Alice said…
such a sweet card! and thanks for the drooling photos of the packaging store. i would love to go there!!! =) thanks for sharing!
Glenda J said…
So fun! Love the colours and the papers.