today is a new day...


Well, Happy Sunday!

Lot's of sharing on the 'ole blog today so let's get started!

Here's a recent pub reject:


my original design plans were much different....I haven't used my PTI inks in a while and ugh, the New Leaf isn't so New Leaf anymore?!!  Anyways, I went with clear heat embossing....New Leaf and Kraft...LOVE that combo.  


I'm super thrilled that the lovely ladies at Paper Crafts Magazine picked up my other card that I submitted:)

I know, I know...get on with it Amy...



The final count for the people that linked up is 32...now how fabulous is that?!!  Seriously.

You gals are THEE best...the Paper Crafting Community is so caring and supportive...I'm THRILLED to be a part of it.

Thank goodness for random.org.  I would be so stressed out to have to pick 1 card out of all the 32 super fantastic cards that linked up...


Woooooooooooo Hoooooooooooooo Sherry!!!! 

Sherry and I are bloggie buddies so Yahooooooo for Sherry!!!

Thanks to EVERY single one of you that linked up...you will be brightening the life of a sweet boy.  We as paper crafters, have the ability to do that  you know...the whole concept of snail mail is up against all the stuff that surrounds us with the techie age that we live in...emails, evites, facebook....BUT, I truly believe that nothing can take the place of a hand made card or gift.....nothing can take the place of happy mail....nothing can take the place of a hand written note.

Thank You.

For the sweet kidlets that linked up...I'll be sending a special giftie out to you guys:)

Shopping Update

So yesterday the boy and I left the house at 10 am and returned at 5 pm.

This is where I insert:  My feet are still killing me...I need a nice relaxing pedi!
 BUT, we managed to pick up some really perfect gifties for my daughter's upcoming 17th birthday...she's a tough one to shop for...

I made like the Japanese Tourista at Anthropologie and took some pics:





So there you have it...thank you for all your support my bloggie friends...I really appreciate it!


Comments

Aimes said…
Now you know that I'd have picked up that gorgeous green-a-licious beauty in an instant, right?! ;D
HUGE congrats on getting a card picked up for a fabulous upcoming issue!
Oooh what fabby pics from Anthropologie. What is it about that store? When I head to the one in London I'm like one of the tourists too with my camera!
Hugs!
Aimes
x
~jan said…
Congrats on the pick up, GF! YAY! I adore the reject-that color combo is fresh any day of the week and twice on Sunday! :) Love the photos you took at Anthro-good stuff!
Sherry Eckblad said…
WOOT-WOOT! Yippee for me.
Oh Amy I am so excited to win and know exactly what I am going to get with that gift card.
Love your green and kraft card and am still loving using kraft as a card base.
I love that store too. So much eye candy to look at.
Sylvia said…
Fabulous card, Amy, I think you should save it for St. Paddy's day! Congrats on your other card though. and so happy for sherry and of course Sebastian, 32 cards coming from your blog post that is fabulous as well. Have a wonderful Sunday!
Ginger said…
I can't wait to get the Paper Crafts Mazagine and tell people that "I know her!" Cause, I kinda feel like I know you now. lol!

I am so overwhelmed by the response to the card drive and have loved looking at all the cards that are linked up to your blog. You are amazing for spearheading this! Sebastian and I both thank you.
jessica said…
Congrats Amy!!! I am so going to pick up that mag and say "she is my friend!!!" So very proud of you :)
Have a great weekend!
Laurel said…
Congrats to you Amy on the pub!!! Love your gorgeous card!
Congrats on the publication Amy! Love your card. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday. -Tami
Oh yes, that green and kraft is SO pretty together! And congrats on the submission!

Deanne :)
Love love love that card!!! Loving that background!! And congrats on the pub acceptance you did get! That's AWESOME!!! CONGRATS to Sherry too!!!! Love her card!!! Those photos are so FUN!! LOVING the colors and those owls!
Helen F. said…
Congrats, Amy! Looking forward to seeing your card and claiming 'bragging rights' bout knowing ya :o!
Love the Anthropologie photos too~
Valerie said…
Reject? Are you kidding - that is lovely, Amy!! Love your Anthro pics - such pretty color & pattern in that place.
Jay Gee said…
Yay Amy!! So happy you got a card picked up, congratulations. I have never heard of this shop Anthropologie before, but it looks like they have some pretty amazing stuff :)
OHHH! I love that green card--beautiful x10!!! And I'm excited for your recent pick up! HOORAY!
Emily Keaton said…
Congrats to Sherry!

I love that bright green card of yours, Amy. So pretty! It pairs so well with kraft :). Great embossing, too.
Trinh said…
Your card is gorgeous, Amy! Congrats on the pub too. Your pics from Anthropologie are so fun!
Rose said…
oh i love the embossing on your card!!
congrats on the pub pick up :)

YAHOO for Sherry :)

looks like you found a great shop :)
Mona Pendleton said…
Darling card Amy! Love the little tag!
Lynnda said…
Sista!!!! I love that card!!! Loving the green!! And Woohooo....congrats on the pub stint!!! That's simply AWESOME!!! [hugs hugs]
CONGRATS to Sherry too!!!! Love her card!!! Hugs...xoxo
Dora said…
That card is stunning!
jen said…
I can NOT believe this didn't get picked up!!! I heard you did get happy mail though! Congrats!
Audrey Pettit said…
Congrats on the PaperCrafts pub, Amy! And your New Leaf card is just adorable, too. I love that color combo and love the embossing, too.
Love all the Anthropology photos. That place is just so fun!
Angi Barrs said…
Love the gorgeous green and the skater dude! :)
What a striking card and I LIKE that shade of green!
yyam said…
Congrats on being published! That card is just gorgeous! Love the green!

Love the owl pics ;)
Jenny said…
Wow that shop looks amazing...a right little treasure trove!
Congrats on you pub and love your green doily card, the tone on tone is a great effect :)
Jenny x
Lisa Arana said…
Fabby green card.

PS - I am way behind in my reader as well, can you tell? :)
ivy said…
"shut-the-front-door".....i was at anthro this weekend & i snapped up a pic of the SAME owl! its a cutie, aint he?
congrats on the pub again! i love the green lace card and that is a stamp that has been on my list for a while now. your reject is awesome!
Alice said…
YAY for the pub!! =) and a beautiful card. love the embossed lace background! ahhhh..... i NEED to go to Anthro.... congrats to Sherry! sorry for having no transition between each...=)
Anonymous said…
Looove that green, the embossing is absolutely delicious and the sentiment is perfect!!