Sunday, June 24, 2012

the american dream.




That's the new theme over at Paper Issues.

How are you inspired by that challenge?

I haven't scrapbooked in awhile and I wanted to feature the Pink Paislee Declaration goodies that I picked up at Paper Issues:



I know, right?  Pink Paislee rocks.

Here's how it inspired me:


I have a box of my Momma's pictures...why?  The girl did a project about her for school...she made a scrapbook {Huge Smiles from the oh-so-proud Momma} about my Momma.  

Both of my parents came to the US in the late 50's...they met in Seattle.    

My Momma came over from Yokohama, Japan to Seattle, Washington in March 1957.  She thinks it was a 10-day sailing.  I can't begin to imagine all the things that she went through...for the good and the bad.


My Momma is on the right...


She has her American citizenship {I don't, I'm still Canadian} and she knows that the move to the states was the best thing for her.  Life would certainly be different if she hadn't made the voyage...

My layout was inspired by the incredibly talented





I'm participating in the Two Peas challenge to 


Seriously, what's not to LOVE about anything Amy Heller creates...that girl is chock full of talent and sweetness:)

Okay peeps...Link up over at the Paper Issues blog:


Wanna see the prize?


Wahooooooooo!!!!!!

Prize deets are on the PI blog!

The blog hop starts today...you won't want to miss it....Paper Issues Girls ROCK.

35 comments:

  1. This is AWESOME!! LOVING that photo of Mama... and loveeeeeeeeee your design!! fab story about your Mama too!!!!! LOVEEEEEEEEE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your page Amy! Great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a fabulous job on this layout! I truly love it! Sweet story too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is gorgeous. And I love the hearing about your parents. ❤

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous page, Amy, love the layout and the theme! The great American dream for all of us! Hope you are having a wonderful Sunday even though your temps are in the 60's. It is 93 and climbing here, supposed to be 101 before the day is over!!! I am praying for rain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fantastic page, Amy! At first I couldn't figure out how you made the bloom until I saw the paper...love it (majorly)! The tickets are fabulous, too. What a great story about your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here, since you replied via email to my comment from yesterday's accidental post, I will copy and paste it:

    Wowza!! This page is amazing! That paper is scrumptious and perfect, and I love your title, tickets, and pinwheel thing! And what, you're Canadian?!!!

    hehe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love everything about your layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, wow, wow! Your layout is gorgeous, Amy! So stunning, and that photo is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So gorgeous Amy.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Amy! Love your share about your Momma an love the layout, too! Hope you are doing well, friend! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous layout Amy, you should definitely scrap more often. Love the flower :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. How awesome...such a wonderful layout and tribute to your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love, love, LOVE! Amazing LO, girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sista!!!... Your momma is so pretty & Sweet... just like you!!! I love love love when you did a lo...Your LO is absolutely Beautiful... I love the colors used.... and of course your magic stitches!!! Oh thanks... I might want to try and scraplift too...Amy Heller yes...shes awesome from the word go!...You did put a smile on ME ... with this inspiring LO... HUgs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awe thanks for sharing your mommas
    story ;) great LO! & your canadian?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love, love, love this LO, Amy! So wonderful that your girl documented your mom's story.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your layout Amy!
    It's very touching and so well designed!

    Thank YOu for sharing~

    ReplyDelete
  19. your momma is beautiful :)
    hum.....thought you had duel citizenship. oh well i still love you lol

    and i LOVE your layout!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loved hearing your mom's story and what a beautiful page in her honor! You're right, great papers and a great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooooh...this is toooooo yummy! Love the photo and this beautifully embellished page Amy!

    P/s: You need to scrapbook more! *winks*

    ReplyDelete
  22. SO LOVE this layout! The colors and the story behind the photo is just awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. All good and you even fit in some fab stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh, how fun!! i love this! way to go yo' momma!! i love this story!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awesome layout, and I love the way you created the flower and clustered embellishments at the bottom. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a wonderful (and I do mean,
    w o n d e r f u l) layout. Now I know where your pretties came from!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your Momma is beautiful! As is the layout! I love hearing people's stories, thank-you for sharing some of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow! How sweet!
    What a journey that must have been for your mom. :)

    This is a gorgeous layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. awesome layout Amy! your momma is beautiful!!! love the pic!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. precious photo and love the story behind it. absolutely fabulous layout, Amy!!! so beautiful and festive. love all the details, too. amazing work!

    ReplyDelete


Cheers,
~amy~