Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The Play Date Cafe: Ticket to Ride!


Hello and Welcome to The Play Date Cafe #154!

This is a super special challenge because it is also The Play Date Cafe's 3rd Anniversary Celebration!

Big Ginormous Congrats!!!!!!!!


f l a m e   g r a p e   m u l b e r r y

My methodology of color challenges is to go to my patterned paper stash first to see what I have...then embellies...then ink/stamps.  Throw in the fact that I'm not a purple girl, I was starting to sweat fret.

Here's what I came up for this week:


I'm a huge fan of giving gift cards so this will be going to a nice home soon.

I used The Craft's Meow 

{hi girls!!!}


I my Memento Dew Drops

L a d y   B u g
G r a p e   J e l l y
S w e e t   P l u m 

Get ready to party over at The Play Date Cafe!!!!

It's a 5-Day Celebration over at The Play Date Cafe!!  You'll want to stop by The Cafe each day for new inspiration, more prizes & surprises!  Remember The Play Date Cafe Facebook page & Twitter:

 @The PDCC

There will be random giveaways there too!!!

Prizes!  There will be multiple prizes available...be sure to check The Play Date Cafe blog for the deets!

Check out the new 'I Play' badge...post it on your blog and link it to The Cafe....there will be random prizes for peeps!



Alumni Guests!  The Cafe will be welcoming back many of the alumni designers!

Have you seen the all NEW look over at The Play Date Cafe?!!!  It's pretty spectacular...fresh AND fun!!!!

38 comments:

  1. Ooooh nicely done! I love this ticket stamp. Clever use of the colours here. Love the chevron bag! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS!... I really like the whole look on this card... my eyes just draw straight to the chevron!!! Awesome Sista!!!.... hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun and clever way to include a gift card Amy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. soooo cute and love how you did the tickets!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful gift card. So fresh, fun and clever!!!! FAB stamping!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that's clever! Love those tickets :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmmm, you have the best chevron patterns, Amy. Your gift card holder (and card) is fresh and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eeeeek! Cutest card ever! Love that bag and how you used it with the tickets, genius!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome card! LOVE the ticket strips :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. well that is completely adorable. great way to pocket a gift card. Love how you incorporated the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful job~ again :)
    LOVE this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love love love love this!!!!! LOVING that chevron bag and those tickets are AWESOME!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Amy, love how you did this. I like your process for color challenges and I might have to try doing it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amy your project is fantastic! I love the chevron striped bag and those tickets are amazing! What a great way to present a gift card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. sweat? YOU??!?! silly girl... you so totally ROCKED it, purple & everything!!! (plus i looooooooooooooooove that little stripey paper bag! so so sooooo totally ♥FAB♥ and perfect for a GC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the layered tickets and fun pocket! As much as I love purple, I find it hard to work with too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the colors and the adorable bag! So clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So fun! Love the bold bag and the stamped tags!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You so rock this challenge, Amy! the color combo would have stumped me! LOVE your take on this!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love all those tickets...fabulous take on the color inspiration Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. OK so I check out my DP stash when it comes to colour challenges and I'll actually use the stuff, right? ;D
    Super fun card!
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Super cute card Amy! Love those tickets!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Well done, Amy! Love this little GC bag! How you used the tickets and colors is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You make it look so easy but I know it's not! Love the little bag for the gift card.

    ReplyDelete
  25. You totally rocked those colours, Amy! Your card is perfect... tickets, mini bag, twine, what's not to love?!

    ReplyDelete
  26. A chevron glassine bag?! Or did you make it? Either way, I LOVE, love, LOVE it for a gift card holder!! The tickets tied on top are so fun ... you totally rocked these colors, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I did not blog yesterday, Amy, but saw this on Facebook, awesome gift card holder. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  28. THis idea is so cool, and it is so fun too with the colors and patterns you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such a fun interpretation of those bold, bright colors, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  30. super fun! love the chevron patterned bag!

    ReplyDelete
  31. this card is amazing, and what a fun stamp set. the little baggy was a perfect touch!
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Cute project Amy! Love the strips of tickets!

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a sweet, little holder, Amy! Lovin' the chevrons!

    ReplyDelete


Cheers,
~amy~