laugh...and make a family smile.



I'm honored that Danielle asked me to help spread the word about a card drive she started...


"Just before Thanksgiving, Danielle from Neat and Tangled, heard news that a girl she went to high school with and her family had embarked on an incredibly difficult journey. They had discovered that their sweet little 2 year old boy, Grayson, had a tumor on his brain stem. Since then they have been on a roller coaster ride, and this is only part of the journey.  Grayson will begin chemotherapy this month as the next stage of treatment. Through all of this, the family has stayed strong, hopeful, faithful and positive.  And Grayson is a strong and spunky fighter :) Grayson's mom, Jackie, has a blog she keeps updated regularly, so you can get to know more about Grayson HERE.

 Danielle wants to just light up Grayson's life with some serious happy mail!  She talked to Jackie, and she informed her that Grayson and his brother love to get mail...and so, here we have the 

Happy Mail for Grayson Card Drive. 


Grayson is super lucky to have a big brother, Aydan, who is 4 so make sure to send some awesome cards to him too! These boys love all things boy :) Rescue Bots, Geotracks, Angry Birds, Thomas the Train. Send these little men funny, happy, cards! We all know how much love goes into a handmade card, and even better how personalized they can be!"


Here is the important info:

The drive will run from January 21 - February 28
(If they arrive late because they are International that's okay too!)

Send them here:
Grayson Savery and/or Aydan Savery
c/o Danielle Walls
P.O. Box 5808
Wilmington, DE 19808

Isn't Danielle thee best?

Of course I want to help out.  Here's my card for Grayson.  
I'll be posting another card for Aydan next week:)

All kids gotta love woodland creatures...says the girl that has a board on Pinterest named Woodland Creatures that is having more and more pinned to it!



I have a ton from the October Afternoon Woodland Park Collection that I haven't used...yes, it is a part of my hoarded collection.  You just gotta go:  "awwwwww..." when you see that rascally raccoon!  The tag has been sitting on my desk top for several days, I was going to use it on another project but changed my mind.  I love the embossing and how the sentiment pops off of it.  I'm hoping that it will make mr. grayson smile.


 I need to tell you that my card was inspired by Colleen Dietrich


She actually cased THIS card from P Kelly Smith from Paper Crafts Magazine.

Thanks ladies for the inspiration!!!!

So, those that know me know that I have a ton of stuff...like a ton of stuff.  I'll put together a 'box of shame' {term compliments of JJ Bolton!} or two to give out to a couple random peeps...this is all you have to do:

Make/send a card to either Grayson &/or Aydan

&

Blog about it..spread the word!!!!!

Link up....it'll stay open until February 28th @ 11:59 pm pacific.

Help bring some smiles to a family....

Comments

Jessi Fogan said…
Poor little man! I know I still have some Thomas stuff kicking around...now to dig it out!
Lynn said…
A perfect card for Grayson! It's adorable!
Toooooo cute!! LOVING that raccoon!!!! And loving the new bloggy header!! I will make them some cards this weekend!!!
Sylvia said…
Your card is so sweet, Amy and of course I love the cause. There are so many children and adults out there in need. You are one of the best at finding those people and bringing it to our attention! Have a wonderful day!
Kelly said…
OF COURSE, count me in! yep, Mr. Raccoon is too cute!
I admire you for bringing Grayson's story to all of us, Amy. You are doing a wonderful thing. The raccoon card is precious! And thank u for the shout out. :)
Laurel said…
Super cute card Amy!
Sherry Eckblad said…
You are such a kind person Amy and to help spread the word about this family is amazing. I will be pulling out some little robot digis and making a few cards to send the boys. Always happy to help out when little ones are involved.
JJ Bolton said…
I love it! Thanks for spreading the word Amy:)
This hit home for me, my brother had a malignant brain tumor when he was 4 !! He survived it and is now going to be turning 27 as a result he suffers Epileptic seizure but either wise has been cancer free for over 20 years :) !!! I definatley am going to whip up some goodies for these sweet little boys !! I am also going to share this post on my blog to spread the word TFS !!
Brianna
None None said…
Such a great card, Amy! I love the little stitching accent. Grayson will love this card. I will have to dig through my stash to see if I have anything that would be perfect for Grayson and his brother.

Thanks for passing the word along.
Annette Allen said…
aww he is going to love this...I love that you embossed the tag..looks awesome
xiumaiyuki said…
Your post made me tear up... You are SOOO sweet!!! And this card is just perfect!!!
Trinh said…
I love your new blog banner & adorable card! Thank you for sharing Grayson's story with us.
Rachel said…
i think this card is the most adorable thing ive seen all winter!
Karen B. said…
Talk about pulling at the heartstrings. What an adorable card for a sweet boy.
yyam said…
Awww...this is sooooo cute. Love the embossed stars on the tag!
Miriam Prantner said…
That raccoon is just too cute and I LOVE the little laugh sentiment. what a great card!
Keren Baker said…
fab card- love that little raccoon !!!
Karenladd said…
OMG...that little raccoon is delightful! Off to scrounge up some boy stamps and embellishments to make a happy card!
Jen W. said…
Love love love this! The embossed tag is awesome, the raccoon is adorable and the little yellow sentiment with the red stitching is genius!
Jen W. said…
Love love love this! The embossed tag is awesome, the raccoon is adorable and the little yellow sentiment with the red stitching is genius!
Janice said…
How utterly sweet!
Rose said…
such a sweet card and it is sure to bring a smile to his face :)
Angie Tieman said…
What a great card for the little guy. Such a sad story, praying he can make a full recovery. Thanks for sharing the card drive info.
Alice said…
will see if i can dig out a couple of my older boy cards to send out. =) i adore that cute little raccoon!!!! fabulous card, Amy and i am sure Grayson will love it!
walchowDesign said…
Such a great cause that you are doing, Amy! Love the little raccoon! Thanks for sharing!
So soul sista :) -- I have made them -- and have the linky poo .. but it's not live till 12am EST tonight -- so I can't link up the right way :) I will add it when I wake up in the AM -- http://thetuckerwolekclan.blogspot.com/2013/02/hi.html