Sunday, May 19, 2013

☆☆☆enjoy☆☆☆


Hello and Welcome to the newest Paper Issues challenge!


Theme: Lifestyles to “die” for

Our Super Sponsor is



I actually have several of Lifestyle Crafts embossing folders, I decided to use the 



The Lifestyle Crafts embossing folders are awesome, they come in twin packs!


I was also inspired by the current



inspired by the 

colors
design

I'm also playing along with the current challenge over at



I couldn't wait to ink up my new neat & tangled, sketchy cupcakes!  

I've been loving textures and layers while still trying to accomplish a clean and simple design.

Everybody that knows me knows how I'm smitten with wood veneers....this card has a wooden tag and Freckled Fawn wood chips.  The patterned paper is by Pebbles.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

So, I've been on the Paper Issues team for over a year, I started back in February 2012.  Cassie is thee best, I worked with her before on a Design Team and have always been smitten by her style and her personality!

My Paper Issues term ends this month.

I've learned so much from being on the PI Team.  Really one of the noticeable things is that I've done more layouts for this team than any other team that I've been on.  I love to scrapbook, but it typically takes me a long time, from start to finish.  Card making is definitely more of a slam dunk, instant gratification kind of thing:


My Momma is pictured on the right.  This was taken on her trip to American from Japan in 1957.


The American Dream means a lot to both of my parents who came over from Japan at different times.  They met in high school in Seattle.


This is the woman that raised me and my brother's on her own.  We never had to worry about where we were going to live or if there was going to be enough food on the table....things that she constantly worried about when she was growing up in Japan.

I love this woman.

Next up is a more recent layout that I blogged about using Elle's Studio goodies.


This is so us.
Hanging out.


I cannot begin to tell you how lucky I am to have met Darin.
He's my love.


I had the wonderful opportunity to be able to design a kit for Paper Issues

Eclectic Slide



I had so much fun putting together projects with this kit!

This picture of my boy was taken in 1999, when he was 2 years old.  Oh the stories I could share about San Francisco.  He was and continues to be a whipper snapper that keeps me on my toes....even at almost 16, this boy of mine makes me laugh AND makes me say to him:  "Why would you do that?"





Here's another layout...pure Seattle.  It was taken on the backside of the Pike Place Market.


Yes, that's a ferry boat in the distance on the left.  We actually took a 'water taxi' from West Seattle, which you can see in the distance.  


It truly was an awesome day.

Here a couple of cards from the Eclectic Slide kit:




There you have it.  If you've made it all the way down here, you're a trooper {high five!}.

A super SHOUT OUT to the oh-so-magnificent Cassie and the Paper Issues Team!!!!!!

So make sure you pop over to the Paper Issues blog and hop along with the gals!

Remember our sponsor is Lifestyle Crafts!

Use code Amy12 for 20% off your Paper Issues purchases!


Have you seen the lovely Wood Veneer that is available?!







29 comments:

  1. Wow, all of this eye candy in one post! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowie... lots of fabulous projects my dear! high five! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you have been creating up a storm. Love all your scrapbook layouts. You need to scrap more often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, so many amazing projects, Amy! Those wood veneer sprinkles on your cupcake are so cute and I really admire your layouts. Very inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful post. Lots of awesome projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You totally ROCKED those lo's you made for PI!!! And loving that card!! Cuteeeeeee cupcake!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your layouts Amy, your have done some really fabulous projects for PI.

    ReplyDelete
  8. First of all, so nice meeting you yesterday! Thanks for letting my friends and I buy all the craft goodies you didn't want. Love all of these! The are all wonderful. Love the pages so much! My fave is the butterfly card. The wood texture against the turquoise is simply perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all your layouts...they are fabulous...simply make me smile! And the texture on your card is awesome. I hope your garage sales were super productive this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amy your projects are all so fantastic! Love all those layouts and you are inspiring me to get back to scrapping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. PI was worth it just for the scrapbooking! You definitely need to do that more often, and I love the confetti stars on your cupcake for the current challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Amy, I enjoyed your post so much, loved seeing the photo of your mom and of you and your son. Your creativity is inspiring as are you! I am so happy we have connected.
    Hugs,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had so much fun looking.... high fives! my fingers can't stop...scrolling down wanting for more beautiful layouts to see... your post today put a great smile on me... especially when its so so gloomy here on a monday Morning!...[well almost lunch time] have a great week ahead sista!... hugs..x

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE LOVE the cupcake card with wood sprinkles!!! great post and love seeing all your work in one place!!! esp the layouts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Woah! How many projects?. Your pages are so full of life and expression-Your mum sounds very special! And I love the wood veneer too- how you managed to get them onto a cupcake? Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know they are going to miss you on the Paper Issues team, Amy! Your projects are so fabulous. LOVE the recap of some of your favorites here. And love the adorable cupcake card, too. The honeycomb embossing is awesome. So love the wood veneer sprinkles on the cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  17. AMAZING blog post!
    Love your cards and layouts! Wow!!AWESOME job, Amy, over and over again!! Love your work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh my goodness these are all gorgeous and so so special. I love that you used some older photos. I just inherited my grandmothers high school scrapbook and it is so cool to look through. These will be cherished in your family for many many years. So precious.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous cards and layouts Amy! I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  20. you are too fabulous for words! i'm TOTALLY inspired - i love how you used the little wood pieces on the cupcake, and i had no idea LSC made embossing folders!! *swoon*

    ReplyDelete
  21. So clever of you to use the wood veneer as sprinkles! Your LOs are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ahhhh...I love that embossing folder! :)

    Glad you got pushed out of your comfort zone and did some layouts. These are awesome. CAS is really your style. The key to fast pages? Don't overthink it. Just glue it down.

    ReplyDelete
  23. High five! This was an awesome post! I don't think I've ever seen a LO from you before! I love them all! The story about your mom is amazing, the pic of your little boy is too sweet, you and Darin are adorable and I've always wanted to go to the Seattle fish market. Thanks for sharing all the gorgeous projects!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Urm wow so much to love here! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. check out all the awesome eye candy you made!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Can I just drool over all of these!?!?!?!?!?!?! <3

    ReplyDelete
  27. ::thud:: amy - so many amazing creations! each has so many fun things going on. Thanks for playing along with us at Little Tangles.

    ReplyDelete


Cheers,
~amy~