>>> Fusion #5: loving THIS lately >>>



Happy Friday!!!!

We're up to Fusion #5:


PROCEDURES:
1. Play with just Jackie's sketch challenge.
2. Play with just Lesley's inspiration photo challenge.
3. Or you can create FUSION by combining BOTH challenges into one card.
4. Use the challenge graphic and link back to Fusion in your post.

 I'm on Lesley's team:


Here's how I was inspired:


I totally forgot about my Dear Lizzy 5th & Frolic collection...love that journal card!

I used my Memory Box hey die cut, it's so delicate...the font reminds me of the birdcage.

I wanted to add the aqua panel that I cut down to the same size as the journal card....it has the prettiest sparkly sheen that is really difficult to capture on film.


>>>>loving THIS lately>>>>

Life

It's almost summer vacation for the kids, they have tons of tests and studying but they  are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Darin has started a project that has been on his 'bucket list'...he's building an airplane...no not a model airplane a for real airplane...crazy, right?  I'm so happy for him...I know that when he's building it, he knows exactly how I feel crafting...sheer joy.

My crafting life is incredibly chaotic, but in a good way.  I'm super busy but I look at everything as a fabulous opportunity to connect with other crafters and grow.  I'm so thoroughly inspired by others...I cannot imagine NOT being a part of this wonderful paper crafting community.

Make sure you pop over to the Fusion blog so you can find out who our spectacular guest designers are!!!!!

Check out the other Fusion Scientists:



Comments

Kelly said…
love the layers you created with the journal cards and the colors. veneer stars are CUTE CUTE!
Brandi said…
Wow! Amy this is so cute! Love those wooden stars!
Sylvia said…
This card is really inspire, Amy, love the colors and that aqua card. An airplane would definitely be an adventure. I built a new fence panel to decorate last weekend, does that count? I think that is less adventure and more like exercise, but decorating it with my husband's bird houses will be fun! We ran out of old wood, so I used new! Have a wonderful Friday!
Lisa Petrella said…
Fabulous take on the inspiration photo, Amy! Love those sweet little journaling cards and the wooden stars! That's so cool that Darin is building a plane---WOW!!!! What a project! So happy to have connected with you in this fun world of paper crafting!
ACK! I love this, the colors, the die cut sentiment, the stars! Fab card Amy!
Kelly Griglione said…
HEY, so loving your card!! Woodgrain + wood veneer is always a hit. Love how you cut the "hey" in the same color as your biggest flower, really ties it all in well.

Impressed that your hubby is building a plane, do they come in a kit or something? Hey, you could make a really funky one out of paper! A good bonding opportunity there : )
Jessi Fogan said…
I am loving this card! Fabulous fonts, and the stars couldn't be more perfect!
A for real airplane? That is awesome, and I love that you both support each other's passions. My kids are at the end-of-year burnout stage, I think :)
Chunyuan said…
beautiful card. great combination of journaling cards, with wood veneer and die cut sentiment.
Tracey McNeely said…
Amy Ii love your take on Lesley's photo and to use journalling cards is brilliant. Love the die cut 'hey'. Your life sounds romantic really. Each of you doing what makes you happy. Have a great weekend.
Ashley Horton said…
Beautiful Amy!! Love the embossed wood grain and the layered card and cardstock! And that font for the sentiment is really pretty!
Lynn said…
Building an airplane? That is absolutely incredible!

I love your card...the die cut and the touch of wood is perfect.
Barb said…
Wow - building an airplane - that's amazing!

I love your card, Amy - such a neat design! The colors, flowers and special touches all look so pretty!

I agree about this hobby - it is so very special for so many reasons - and the main one is the awesome people we get to connect with from all over the world! Have a good weekend! :)
Unknown said…
Lovely. Absolutely beautiful!
Geri said…
So pretty, Amy! Love those pretty colors against the white woodgrain! Kinda giggled when I saw this...I have some things laying out on a card base with that same pretty journaling card with a die cut word also. Mine's 'you' instead of 'hey'. It's something I've set aside, though...something's not quite right about it yet. Love this!
Lesley said…
I love your adorable take on the inspiration Amy, that delicate word die was a great idea. Sounds like life is pretty great, I am glad! You attract happiness.
Hugs!
Lesley
DIANA L. said…
Very pretty Amy
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
Annette Allen said…
too cute.. love how you added the stars.. great design Amy..
Laurel said…
Love it, love the little stars!
Rose said…
beautiful card :)

okay when D finishes his plane he can fly you down to see me ;)
have a great weekend girl :)
Gorgeous!! LOVING the wood goodies!! And wow!! That is awesome what your main squeeze is doing!!!
TesaB said…
Wonderful card! That embossing is gorgeous, and love, love, love the fab die cut and stars!
Dora said…
Very pretty!!!
Miriam Prantner said…
That journal card is so pretty! Love the color of the base and the wood veneers and great die cut sentiment!
Angie Tieman said…
Oooooh, she's a beauty!
Taheerah said…
Great Fusion card! That journalling card is awesome and I love the delicate sentiment die cut too!
Sherry Eckblad said…
Oh wow, love the card and way to go Darin building an airplane. My Uncle built a one man helicopter when I was a youngster.
Lynnda said…
Love the wooden star!!! this card is so cute and pretty!... hugs...x
Ally said…
I love your card, Amy. ;-) You pulled in all those lovely photo colors so beautifully. LOVE the wood grain background and that pretty die-cut 'hey.' Beautiful job. ;-)
Alice said…
love your take on the challenge. beautiful card, Amy!
janelle said…
Great take on the challenge. Loving the texture!
I hope you'll keep us updated on the plane project.