Fusion #9: Greetings from the Pacific Northwest



Hello!

Thank you for all the wonderful inspiration with Fusion #8!

Check out Fusion #9:


PROCEDURES:

1. Play with just Jackie's sketch challenge.

2. Play with just Lesley's inspiration photo challenge.

3. Or you can create FUSION by combining BOTH challenges into one card.

4. Use the challenge graphic and link back to Fusion in your post.

I'm on Lesley's Team:


Okay, my disclaimer to Washingtonians, use your imagination:


I realize that the Space Needle is not red.  I did more of a literal interpretation of the inspiration.

I was inspired by:

1. colors
2. raindrops
3. umbrella = Seattle 
4. Seattle = Space Needle

I used craft foam for the Space Needle die....actually my boy did the die cutting:)  Originally, I used American Crafts Silver Glitter paper but I LOVE the pop from the red foam, what do you think?

What inspires you?

 Make sure you pop over to the Fusion blog so you can find out who our spectacular guest designers are!!!!!

Check out the other Fusion Scientists:


supplies:

cardstock:  Paper Trey Ink, Stampin' Up vellum
stamps:  Fresh Squeezed Stamps Weather Through, Impress sentiment
ink:  WPlus9
other:  craft foam, Savvy die/Space Needle

Comments

Simply FAB!

Love this take... Going to be hard on this one!
wendipooh13 said…
soooo CUTE love the raindrops!!!
Karen B. said…
Um wow. I love the intensity!
Unknown said…
Love it! That red really pops from the aqua background and the vellum sentiment is perfect.
Lindsay said…
So fun Amy! I love that embossing on the vellum strip!
Kerry said…
LOVE this! From a fellow Washingtonian...this is so great! Love the red Space Needle and how it is the star of the show. Fabulous interpretation of the inspiration piece!
Rose said…
i love it in red :)
happy friday girlfriend :)
jessica said…
This is so fun Amy!!! Love it!!!
Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT weekend!!!
Lynn said…
AMY! Can you hear me shouting your name from the midwest? This card is seriously fabulous :)! I love it!!
Michelle said…
I LOVE the space needle in the red craft foam! It makes such a bold, graphic statement that's fresh and fun. But I did ask myself, how in the world did she find that die? LOL
Trinh said…
Love everything about this card, Amy!
This is sooooooooooooo FABBY!! LOVING that space needle!!!
Glenda J said…
Love everything about this! Great work.
Kelly Griglione said…
Silver sparkle would have been pretty, but red foam is just gosh darn FUN! Great choice, esp. with the blue. Love it!!
Jay Gee said…
The red is fabulous Amy and I really like the foam :)
Sylvia said…
Fun card, Amy, love your red space needle! I am sure somewhere there must be a red one! Have a wonderful weekend.
Vicki Dutcher said…
TOTALLY LOVE THIS CARD!!!! Love the big red needle and the sentiment stamped on the vellum - WTG!
Jinny Newlin said…
What a fantastic interpretation, Amy! CUTE as can be! Really love the red and aqua together!
Jean said…
Love this - and wouldn't it be cool if the Space Needle was red. Great colors, great design!
Anonymous said…
This is fantastic, Amy. Absolutely PERFECT for the challenge photo. Awesome job. ;-)
Fabulous card, Amy! Love your take on the inspiration pieces.
Miriam Prantner said…
I love this card! The foam die cut piece is fantastic. I love it! Looks fantastic against the turquoise!
SOOOOOOO cute! LOVE the colors and the vellum-- LOVE the background and foam-- AMAZING:)
donna mikasa said…
love a red Space Needle and those huge rain drops--"so" Seattle!
You KNOW I love this! So fabulous! I am totally up for this challenge!
Ashley Horton said…
Really adorable Amy, and I love the sentiment on the vellum!
Lynnda said…
OH my... no reason not to love! its pretty!!!! love it... hugs...x
Lesley said…
What a cool card idea! LOVE this!!! The die cut is awesome. Wow, you really knocked it out of the park!
TesaB said…
This is soooo gorgeous!!!
MS said…
so fun!! Love the customized sentiment!
Anonymous said…
of course u have a space needle die!!! :) can you die cut me a few for my seattle scrap pages please?!? :)
SugarGem said…
Oooo I like this week's challenge and your Seattle card is darl-ink..... (yes that is not a real word... Too much coffee this am)
Lyndal said…
LOVE, LOVE that pop of red Amy! and your vellum sentiment looks FAB too :)
Unknown said…
awesome! love that perfectly diecut tower...red against baby blue...perfect!
Jessi Fogan said…
Love it! That card would be perfect for here today too :)
Marlena M. said…
This is cool Amy~I love it!
Alice said…
i adore this, girl! super card!
Tracey McNeely said…
What a cool die cut, so perfect for you. I have never seen the Space Needle but I can imagine it through you eyes. Love the vellum strip.
Diane said…
This is so eye catching...love it!!