nautical thanks


Hello and Happy Monday!!

On Saturday I did some power shopping at Impress:


Fresh Ink:  Navy, Red Currant & Island

A big shout out to Impress for celebrating their 26th Birthday!!!  Isn't that awesome?!

All the stamps except the sentiment are by Impress.  The sentiment is a freebie from Avery Elle.  I had the chevron but I don't think I've inked it up.  The other two are brand new purchases inspired by this card that I snapped a pic of in the Impress shop:


edited to add that Novell let me know that this is a Julie Ebersole creation!

The tag is thin wood...it is from Impress and wait for it, I used my corner chomper on it!  I actually have a bunch of the business card sized wood sheets but never thought of shaping them!  This is exactly why I savor my visits to Impress!

I was inspired by Lisa's latest sketch:



The nautical theme is compliments of

Curtain Call


I'm such a fan of Stacey's and thrilled that I am able to play along.  I mean really, who doesn't the nautical trend?

Speaking of nautical trends, thanks to Niki G who reminded me of the Paper Crafts July Nautical Challenge!


Here's to a fabulous week!


Comments

Unknown said…
Beautiful card, that thin wood tag is AWESOME! Did you link up to Paper Crafts July challenge...it's totally the theme?
itsallrosi said…
love these! can't wait to get my new inks :)
Lynn said…
Oh my goodness...awesomeness! Love the stamps on the wood!
jessica said…
So super fun Amy!!! LOVE both gorgeous cards!!
Sherry Eckblad said…
Beautiful and lucky you to be able to shop at Impress in person.
Awesome, awesome card, Amy!
Lisa H. said…
awesome card!!! love the chevrons in the background and the fun anchor.
lauren bergold said…
oh ♥WOW♥! that is BRILLIANT on every level imaginable! love, love, LOVE the wooden tag, and you've sooooo ROCKED the nautical theme! awesome!!!
Lisa Arana said…
oh amy, this is absolutely wonderful!!! there is so much to love about this card. the chevron background, that amazing wood tag, and the nautical theme. A.MaZ.iNG!!! Thank you so much for being inspired by wanna sketch!!!
Audrey Pettit said…
What a totally adorable card, Amy! Love the chevron waves and LOVE the wood tag! So clever!
Trinh said…
LOVE this, Amy! The chevron background, wood veneer tag, nautical elements, all awesome!
Chevrons and anchor ... could life be better than this?!!? I don't think so :)
Connie Mercer said…
beautifully done!!!
Jen W. said…
This is awesome! You killed all the challenges and I love the layered stamps on the tag.
Miriam Prantner said…
Love the card, the glittery have circle at the top is so much fun and of course the great stamped tag!
AWESOME! Love the wave on the tag!!!!
Michelle said…
I love nautical, and this one is fabulous! Amy, can you tell me what ink you used for the chevron background? I love that color!
Petti said…
beautiful card!
Stacey Schafer said…
GORGEOUS, Amy! Love the navy chevrons and cool woodgrain tag:) Thanks so much for playing along at the Curtain Call!
Tracey McNeely said…
Amy this is so fantastic, I love the wood tag and the navy blue. I made my first purchase from Impress probably 26 years ago, I think I had to call the store to see if I could get what I wanted shipped. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the first Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge!
Rachel said…
these are great!!! i love the design you created with that sketch. too cute
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.com
Ashley Horton said…
Love this Amy!! Fun use of the Nautical trend!
Jinny Newlin said…
What a fun take on the challenge, Amy! Really loving those chevron "waves"!
Virginia L. said…
Way to ROCK the challenges, Amy! I love your use of image and a bit of glitter! I am IMPRESSed!
Annette Allen said…
wow totally love this..
Unknown said…
beautiful card! i love the wave :)
Rose said…
love your power shopping trip and fab card :)
Sylvia said…
Whats not to love about a nautical card, Amy, another trendy and fun card! Hope your Monday was a good one this week...replacing last week's difficult one!
Mona Pendleton said…
Cute card Amy! Love the wooden tag!
donna mikasa said…
Love, love, love the nauti-cool theme!
Kim S said…
Oh Amy - that wood tag is fantastic! And I love the chevron waves! Thank you for joining us at the first Curtain Call!
Michelle said…
Lovin' the wood tag! You rocked the nautical theme, Amy!
Valerie said…
absolutely gorgeous, Amy!