Sunday, August 18, 2013

with appreciation.



Hello and Happy Sunday!

So, I decided to play along with the gals over at



This is my first version.

I tend to look at my cards with 'new eyes' after I've uploaded them into my blog post.


I decided to tweak it a smidge:



Much Beh-tah.

So here's the scoop on this card:

1.  I put the card base together using the paper pad from my Studio Calico Card kit.

2.  I did my stamping with the WPlus9 Folk Art Florals.  I didn't like the overlaying of the green on the red blooms so I ended up stamping those on separate chevron paper, fussy cutting and laying them directly on top of the original stamping.

3.  I die cut the WPlus9 Written on Ribbon using vellum.  I stamped everything with Memento Tuxedo.

4.  I wanted that die cut popped up so I strategically put the Freckled Fawn Dew Drops to cover the foam dots that you can see through the vellum.

5.  I realized I had wanted to stitch the chevron panel and the aqua sides but had already adhered it to the card base.  Those zig zags are SRM stickers, love them.

Here's to a magnificent week!



27 comments:

Lynn said...

Gorgeous happy card...your stamping is amazing Amy!

Sherry Eckblad said...

Love your card and the little tweak made a big difference I think.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeee this!! LOVING that sentiment and the colors!!!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

awesome!

jessica said...

Beautiful!!!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Fantastic stamping Amy, I love your interpretation of this week's card!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Love ur take on this case study-- love ur banner!!! And those papers- oh my!!! Love x10000!

Kim S said...

I love your arrangement of bright flowers - and your use of vellum for the banner is just perfect!

Niki G said...

Totally fab. I always love reading how your card has evolved. There's always a good tip!

Kelly said...

well placed drops! Love the take on the sketch.

Shellye McDaniel said...

gorgeous!

lostinpaper said...

Your card s wonderful! And I agree, sometimes after I 'look' at my card online that is when i think 'now why didn't I add that?' it all looks so obvious then lol.

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Beautiful card, Amy!

MichelleZ said...

Beautiful card! I love that vellum!

Trinh said...

Beautiful design, Amy! I do the same thing when I'm processing my pics. Then I have to go back and try to undo stuff without ruining the card.

Rose said...

love them both :)

wienerhoneymooners said...

Rocked it!!

-Kimberly

Maureen Merritt said...

Wow, this is stunning! Thanks so much for playing along at CASE Study!!!

Annette Allen said...

gorgeous..

Sylvia said...

Such a pretty card, Amy, love the colors!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

great card Amy!

donna mikasa said...

soooo purty!

Michelle said...

Very pretty!

Lindsey said...

Beautiful stamping! I do the same thing sometimes after I upload my cards. :)

Rachel W K said...

why havent i commented on this yet? i guess i just loved it so much, i was speechless ;)
it is gorgeous!
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.com

cbuswell said...

Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!

yyam said...

This is soooooo pretty! :)