Sunday, October 20, 2013

something old & something new


Hello and Happy Sunday!

I've been playing too much and haven't sat down to do my crafting for the week so I'm blogging live again.

Here's a clean & crisp card:


Can you tell that the hedgie is being plopped out of the jar?

Can you guess what challenges inspired me?

That sweet hedgie is classic Kim Hughes from a Cornish Heritage Farm set.  She has since re-released it in her Forest Whimsy set.  I mixed it with her Paper Smooches Crystal Clear set.  I stamped the jar on vellum and fussy cut it out.  I was hoping that more of the embossed panel would show up...it's by Lifestyle and it's called Woodland....super cuteness and I see that it's 30% off at Ellen's.  The sentiment is from Paper Smooches, Sentiment Sampler, I had to drop the 'there' because it didn't fit :) 


The gingham is A Muse (thanks Novell!) and I used a now sadly retired Sweet Stamp Shop polaroid die.

I was inspired by the current Paper Smooches



along with the latest Case Study by October Muse



With the non fussy style of Elena's card, I decided against splattering wood chips on my card...oh, I gotta tell you, that was hard for me.  I love the smidge of twine she used so I added that unruly bit on my card...love the look of jute but when I use it, it looks very 'whimsical'. 

Okay, off to clean & organize for a smidge then work on this week's cards...I'm behind!

26 comments:

  1. This is super cute Amy! Hedgie is adorable and that embossing on the background is brilliant :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun & clever design, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. soooooo cute!!! loving that little hedgehog coming out of the jar!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww....That is super-cute, Miss Amy! Love that red-checked gingham on kraft.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Just loving the vellum jar and the embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So totally adorable! Love how you "rustic-ed" it up with the twine! I've got a few CHF sets too...they're still some of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little hedgie is darling (I ♡ Paper Smooches!), and yes, I think the embossed woodland creatures are just right. Thanks for your kind comment on the new "look."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just two words : TOTALLY CUTE!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally love it!!...So cute... and love your brilliant design!... You rock sista!... hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A-DOR-A-BLE! Wait, make that A-DOR-A-BLE X 1000000000!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is too cute. Gingham and woodland creature is a perfect combo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have been busy crafting, I finally got caught up, Amy! I love the embossed background and the jar with the hedgehog is fabulous! Hope your Sunday was good and Monday is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awwwww....this is super cute! Really love the embossed panel. Really eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha! How adorable! You know I LOVE that little hedgie! And that embossing? Wow, what a fun plate! Really love the vellum jar, too. I so see baby hedgie getting tipped out of that jar! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that sweet little bit of embossing. SO cute and I could kiss that little hedgehog even if I got a face of quills. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. OH MY GOSH!!! That is such a clever idea and the vellum jar, the cute little hedgie, the gingham paper...it's all just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  17. SQUEE! That hedgie! That embossing! The idea of tipping that little cutie out of the jar...genius :) LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. you stamped the jar on vellum??!?! (VELLUM!!!!!!) sweet mother of pearl! you are a GENIUS!!! (& yes, i could totally tell the hedgie was coming out of the jar, but i confess to wasting a few seconds trying to make a rebus-style sentiment, "hedgie hey?" out of it, lol. it's early tho.) ps: GINGHAM faux polaroid!!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. How totally cute is this!! Thanks for joining us at CASE study this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a super, stinkin' cute idea! And I just love that pink, gingham Polaroid!

    ReplyDelete


Cheers,
~amy~