Artful Delight: sweet.



Hello!

Today is my day over on the Artful Delight blog!

I've been having so much fun with the January Card kit!

I was determined to use the Studio Calico envelopes that came in the kit.  They are constructed out of heavy duty kraft cardstock and I just love the pops of colors they have.


I'm a big fan of gift cards, I love to give them AND receive them!

I was going to originally pop the gift cards in, the traditional way, but then thought about slicing one of the sides off of the envelope with my pinking shears.

On my first card, I decided to replace the thread that bound the flaps together with twine that I had in my stash:


I used a die cut from the kit and BAM, it was done.

For card number 2, I kept the thread in place and rather than use a die cut, I stamped a sentiment from the Paper Smooches set, We Totally Click:


Super duper easy smeasy!

I was inspired by 



This is my last post using the January kit so I thought that I'd go ahead and post my other projects that I designed using this month's kit:




Such an awesome card kit:


In the market for a card kit?  I can highly recommend Artful Delight.  The kits are always chock full of awesome QUALITY products that are on trend!

Comments

Lynn said…
I love these...so so cute Amy!
Love love love these!!! LOVING how you cut the sides for gift cards!! GENIUS!!!!!!!
awww...these are super cute,Amy!
pinwheels, right, I forgot I wanted to make something with one from your earlier card... fabulous job.
Sherry Eckblad said…
Great use of those kraft envelopes. I love gift cards too and with what is going on with Michaels and Target think I will be using them more.
Tracey McNeely said…
Those envies are the bomb Amy! Love!
DebC said…
Amy these are all so wonderful and fun. I would love to get kits like this in the mail i may have to look into that.
Deb C
All your projects with this kit are awesome! I'll have to look into the kit. :)
Audrey Pettit said…
OMGoodness, how cute are these?! What a creative and fun use for those kraft envelopes, Amy! Love them as gift card holders! You absolutely rocked this kit, my friend!
Shannon J said…
These are just awesome, Amy! So cool that you made gc holders out of the envelopes! (I love giving and getting gc's too!). ALL of your cards using this kit have been FAB!
Jingle said…
Look at all of this adorableness!!! I love it!
Jean said…
Wow, that kit does look fabulous and you made some fabulous creations with it!!
Laura Davis said…
Your work always brings a smile to my face Amy!
Laura
Sylvia said…
What lovely gift card holders, Amy, you sure know how to use the kits! Also enjoy seeing the other things you made using it...nice stamps! Have a beautiful Wednesday!
Miriam Prantner said…
LOVE how you used those little envelopes, great cards this month!
Unknown said…
Love the way you pinked the edges of those envelopes!! Adorbs!!
Kelly said…
super cute stuff. love that little popcorn and movie image!
Lisa Petrella said…
Amy, I absolutely LOVE what you did with those envelopes----so clever!!! All of your kit projects are fantastic!
jessica said…
Super fun cards!!!!
Ashley Horton said…
Great use of those envelopes, Amy!!
Jennifer said…
Awesome Amy! Love when you can use almost everything from a kit. Super cute idea!
DIANA L. said…
wow what an awesome gift card project. love that kit. Have a great day
DIANA L.
dianamlarson.blogspot.com
Jen W. said…
These are adorable! I LOVE the way you cut the sides of the envelopes - so clever and a great design detail! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!
Joni Andaya said…
Aww...so so in love with the gift card, what beautiful colors you combined. Ooh love the other cards too...so fun and gorgeous :)
Leigh Penner said…
Okay, first of all, I love the cards you made for the sketch using those super cool envelopes! They're fabulous!
And your other cards are wonderful, too! Great job!
Lynnda said…
Love these! Too genius! hugs...x
donna mikasa said…
Love how you deconstructed the envelopes and managed to follow the sketch, too!
Angie Tieman said…
Wow! What an awesome assortment of cards! That kit does look yummy!