curtain call: greetings from seattle

Post 3 of 3 for me today (whew!)
Click HERE for the Jenn Shurkus blog hop
Click HERE for my Avocado Arts post

There is still time to join us for the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Cuppa Cocoa!  

You have until February 10th at 8:00 AM CST to be inspired and share your project!

photo source:  aerie by American Eagle


My Favorite Things is sponsoring Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Cuppa Cocoa!  

The LEAD of the Cuppa Cocoa challenge will receive $20 gift code for the MFT Store!


Here's how I was inspired by the challenge


I live in Washington State, the place with Super Bowl Fever.  It seems that Seattle will now be known for Starbucks and the Seahawks.

This card was inspired by that....I'm such a sports fan :)

I've been smitten with watercolor paper and a renewed love of my fabriano's.  Luckily I still have several boxes, yes, I don't just buy one of something {rolling my eyes}.


The coffee sleeve has been painted with a watercolor.  It's a tray I picked up at Michael's...full of pretty colors.  I mixed two shades of blue for today's card.

Everything is nestled onto a whisker graphics bitty bag.

I'm also linking up to the current challenge over at

Paper Issues


I'm super proud that this fits into my self-challenge


The coffee cup is Impress and the sentiment is classic A Muse....both wood mount.

Hope you are inspired to play along!





Comments

cm said…
I just adore your coffee themed cards! Need to add some coffee images into my collection. Soon! The bitty bag is way, way tooooo cute!
c
Monika/Buzsy said…
What a fun gift card holder Amy. Love the little bag and the vellum tag! The coloring on the cup is awesome.
Laurel said…
you are a busy girl! Another fun creation!
Stacey Schafer said…
totally fabulous, Amy! love the pop of blue!
Marisa said…
Love the chevrons and the sentiment on the vellum.
Good girl for using your wood mount! Love this of course!
Super cute, Amy! Love the bag with the other elements and of course I see you've tucked in something related to coffee. :) I'd love it if you linked this up (and your other fun coffee projects) to the latest link up at Paper Issues. It's called Fill 'er Up and this definitely fits the bill. Hope to see you there. :) http://www.paperissues.blogspot.com/2014/02/new-issue-fill-er-up.html
Julia Aston said…
Love the vellum banner sentiment on this Amy! have a great weekend!
Heather North said…
Did you make it to the parade on Wednesday? Another great Seattle card.
Kelly said…
LOVE the blue coloring on the coffee cup!
donna mikasa said…
love how you swiped that coffee sleeve! yay seattle!
Shannon J said…
Oh loving the chevrons on the bitty bag!! The water colouring looks so cool too
Janice said…
Sweet giftie. Just merged all the Starbucks cards and lets just say I will be going there ALOT!!!
Love love love love this!! LOVING that mug ... the blue sleeve is YUMMY!!!!!!!!
Lynnda said…
I truly adore your coffee theme card! This one is so pretty! hugs...x
Sherry Eckblad said…
Love it!
We were rooting for the Seahawks here too although no one actually watched the game.
Celeste Goff said…
What an adorable gift card holder! So clever and who doesn't love coffee, right?
Jean said…
Fabulous gift card holder! Woo hoo - it's been a great week, hasn't it! Stay warm.
Rose said…
you make the best GC holders!!!!
Laura Davis said…
Well, this is perfection! I heart your work. :)
Laura
Audrey Pettit said…
How awesome! Love this!
Joni Andaya said…
Fabulous idea Amy!!! Love <3
Lesley said…
fabulous design! love the colours too!
Michelle said…
Sweet card. I really like the pop of blue next to the subtle chevrons and vellum tag.