Happy Birthday Triangles




Hello!

I was up on the Neat & Tangled blog earlier this and wanted to share my card here on my blog:


The ivory panel is Strathmore Watercolor paper that I heat embossed the Neat & Tangled Diamonds with Zing White embossing powder.  I loaded up the panel with water and tapped the end of the sprayer from mister huey's garden & sherbet onto the paper.  I moved it around with the help of a watercolor brush until I liked the look and color intensity.

Chatting about embossing, I finally moved over some of my more heavily used powders into disposable containers:

























This makes it super easy to load up the image with the powder by using a plastic spoon and quickly dumping the powder into the container.  No more doing it over a piece of paper and emptying it into the original container...spilling but mostly having other stuff like glitter etc contaminating the powders.

The sentiment, from Sketchy Cupcake, was heat embossed in gold onto a vellum belly band:






















I'm labeling this a unisex Birthday Card.  Read more about it on the Neat & Tangled Blog as I chat about what I do at work.

I added a couple of the delish Flat Matte Gold Sequins from the Neat & Tangled shop:






























Make sure you check out my For Sale page.  I added a couple things:)

Comments

Lynn said…
Ahh...so light and whimsical...gorgeous card Amy.
Annette Allen said…
Love the watercoloring background and the blend of yellow is perfect.. (one of my favorite colors)..

thanks for the awesome comment you left me on SRM.. :) your a rockstar Amy..

Have a great Monday
Now the smart girl would also get on board on this idea, but unintelligent girl over here likes to make my life more difficult-- i.e. the state of affairs with all my dies, do you know how long I look for things? Fabulous card.
Shelly said…
This is sweet! Love the watercolor and embossing! <3
Sylvia said…

what a fun card, Amy, love your embossed triangles! Have a fun Monday.
I just loveeeeeee this so much! LOVING all those triangles!!!!!!
Tracey McNeely said…
Amy this is so so gorgeous, thanks for sharing how you created it!
Connie Mercer said…
beautiful!! Thanks for the embossing tip:):)
Miriam Prantner said…
Love the mint base with the yellow watercoloring. Great card!
Audrey Pettit said…
Adorable card, Amy! I am in love with your watercolored background, and this is such a fun use for that diamond stamp. Love the embossing and love the vellum sentiment strip. The gold sequins add a fabulous finishing touch, too.
Deepti said…
Oh my this is so pretty, I love the touch of vellum and gold :) You are so inspiring!
Kay Miller said…
Oh how fabulous Amy! Your watercoloring is amazing!
Jingle said…
This is super pretty! I love it!
Celeste Goff said…
Another great card Amy! I love the gold!
Kelly said…
love those embossed triangles. I was going to guess that you had used paste. the water-coloring effect is really cool too!
Michelle said…
This has to be one of my all-time favorites. Vellum...love it! Gold embossing....love it! Watercolor...love it!
I love it all. :)
alexandra s.m. said…
love it Amy!
super fun, beautiful and contemporary!
TFS~
Lynnda said…
I love the watercolour and the embossing !! Super sweet card! Hugs x
June K said…
Such a pretty card. Love the colors. (Yes, aren't those containers for embossing powder so much easier? One of the best storage decisions I've made).
June Houck said…
I love those triangles! I have a growing N&T wish list, but lots of cool stuff is sold out at the moment :(

Super fun card and I love the light layering (vellum).
Sherry Eckblad said…
Awesome card and I love those flat gold sequins.
Diane Jaquay said…
I love the way the watercolor looks with the embossed triangles! And the vellum sentiment is perfect on top of it all :)
Lisa H. said…
loooove this! those triangles with the watercolored background are so cool. and then vellum AND sequins....loooove!
you rock the color wash!
Angie Tieman said…
Oooh, I love the watercolory background under the cool embossed modern triangles! Great combo!
lauren bergold said…
did you say FLAT MATTE GOLD SEQUINS?!??!?!? ooooooooooooooh! those are just waaaaay too cool! serious enablement ensuing! outta my way, people! gotta get to that blog STAT!!! :) :) :)
cm said…
Embossing, water-colouring, triangles, sequins, mixed together with YOUR immense creativity = one mega watt smile all over my face! Gorgeous!!
Hugs~c