have a nice day.




No crafting for me yesterday so I whipped up a card this morning:


Originally, those Paper Smooches friendly flowers were part of a panel of blooms.  I colored them using:

picked raspberry distress ink
squeezed lemonade distress ink
mister huey's sherbet

It took me awhile to color them because I used a paintbrush.  I love the vivid color....and then for some reason I thought that I could color all of the remaining 'white space' with  salty ocean distress ink, yet again using a paint brush.  HA.  So I fussy cut the blooms.

The watercolor paper panel has swishes of tumbled glass distress stain.


The sentiment is from Paper Smooches Wake Up.  

I love Divine Twine's new Solid Black.   I made a little birds nest of it and then adhered the blooms on top of it.

I was inspired by Taheerah's



The rug was what sparked my card.

Hope you're having a great weekend!


Comments

wendipooh13 said…
sooo pretty!!!! LOVE the colors!!!
Lynn said…
Love the color combo Amy.
Shelly said…
So sweet and pretty! Love!
Lindsay said…
This is just too sweet Amy! I love that stamp set, and you did a fab job with it!
Ashley Horton said…
Love the cute cluster, with the White space, Amy!!
Diane Jaquay said…
The flowers are so cute!
Unknown said…
Very cute and fun! Love the subtle blue background!
Loveeeeeeeee this! LOVING those flowers!!!
Jen said…
oh.....girl, i LOVE it!!! perfection!!!
jessica said…
This is beautiful Amy!! What a GREAT card!
canadian_liner said…
Beautiful blooms! The wash of blue behind the flowers sets them off beautifully.
donna mikasa said…
So cute! Love seeing all that white space on an Amy card!
Miriam Prantner said…
Very sweet! Love that circle of trim!
Taheerah said…
*squeal* I love the unconventional composition of this, and the bright, bold flower elements! Thanks so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!
Wendy said…
This is very pretty, love how that blue faints in the background and makes the pink and other colors pop!
Cris G. said…
Love this card, Amy!!! The soft background in a restricted area, twine and placement of flowers are just amazing.
Audrey Pettit said…
Oh, how fun this is! I love the swish of color in the background behind those vivid flowers, and your sentiment placement is really eye catching. Totally love what you did with that new black twine, too!
great minds! I used some black twine just like this in my stuck on you card, that I finally got to share! I agree, love the vivid colors. I tried to play with this challenge but ended up with something completely different so didn't. :)
Rose said…
so pretty and i love how you used the twine :)