hey there.



A late {live} posting for me.  I've been behind on feedly {had to do the 'ole mark all as read}, feel like I'm racing around in circles but hope things calm down today.

Here's today's card:
































So, the other day we made a road trip to Oregon.  We picked up our airplane seats...why yes, they will be heated:)  It's all part of Darin's master plan to have me as comfortable as possible {yay!}.  Anywho's, one of my FAV Oregon crafting stores is Craft Warehouse.  It's similar to a store we have, Ben Franklin, but Craft Warehouse is tax free for me.  The one thing I was ISO is the Carta Bella, Ahoy There.  Mission accomplished {plus a bunch of other goodies}.

I combined Ahoy There with the Paper Smooches Sailboat die.   One thing I didn't notice until I took the pictures this morning is the very subtle star pattern in the cork.  That was from an earlier attempt to do something with that cork.  I like it:)  The sentiment is from the Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler.



























I really love working with the DCWV cork pads.  Isn't that turquoise flag a fun pop of color?

I was inspired by












Comments

Lynn said…
Happy shopping. I love the paper with the sweet little boat. So glad you could play with us at Paper Smooches Sparks! I hear you in the all read too. Sometimes it has to be done!
Tracey McNeely said…
This is fantastic Amy, have fun shopping and I love the texture of the cork!
Linda Callahan said…
So cute! Lovin' that cork boat!
donna mikasa said…
Oh, so nautically cute! I don't know why I don't use my DCWV cork paper. Probably because it doesn't have that cool star embossing! ;)
Ashley Horton said…
Adorable nautical card, Amy!!
tonyamaries said…
OMGosh! I love every detail on this card!
Love love love love this! LOVING that boat!!!!!!
Karren said…
Fabulous! That boat is so cool! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.
Cris G. said…
Summer is in the air, everywhere I look around... :). Love the little boat.
Kelly said…
I noticed the star pattern on the cork! love it!
Sherry Eckblad said…
Love the card and I thought you did the texture on the sail on purpose.
I did the whole mark all as read except for this post.
Kristie Goulet said…
LOVE this, Amy! Love the star pattern on the cork. It is perfect along with the teal flag. :)
Shelly said…
Aww...this is so cute! And it sounds like you had a fun trip to the craft warehouse! :)
Beautiful card, love your papers, colors and elements especialy the cork.

Sue
http://suek86401.blogspot.com/
Diane Jaquay said…
Super cute, love the little boat!!
Audrey Pettit said…
You so rock the nautical designs my friend! One of the first things I noticed was the star pattern on the cork, and I love it! Totally thought that was intentional. ;) Love how you stamped the sentiment right on the boat, and your take on that sketch could not be more perfect!
jessica said…
This card is AWESOME Amy!
LOVE that cool boat!
Rose said…
i love the cork ship :)
D is so sweet to think of your comfort!!!
Totally thought the embossed star pattern on the boat was intentional! I like it too. :)

Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept. :)
Judy Tuck said…
Actually the stars in the sails were the first thing to catch my eye. Great card!