let's celebrate!




Hello and Happy Sunday!

We've been experiencing some super fantastic weather here in the Pacific Northwest...it seems like it never extends into the weekend but it has this weekend!

I have a fun layer-y card for today:

papers:  fancy pants designs/memories captured  stamps:  reverse confetti label me/beautiful banners/whole lotta dots  ink:  hero arts hues/black, zing/white  other:  paper accents vellum, reverse confetti cuts love note/oh my stars, pti aqua mist felt

All the paper are from the Fancy Pants Design, Memories Captured 6x6.  I picked it up for only $4 and have been getting some great use out of it.


Lotsa vellum and masking on this.

I was inspired by the Reverse Confetti SFYTT:


I have almost everything that Reverse Confetti has released...here's my supply list for today's card:

reverse confetti stamps: 
label me
beautiful banners
whole lotta dots  
reverse confetti cuts: 
love note
oh my stars 
label me

On a crafty side note, I took 2 classes from THEE Julie Ebersole:


















left to right:  julie, me, kimberly & tonya

I don't have to tell you how much fun we had....julie is a powerhouse of talent, energy & fun!  I LOVE how expressive she is...it was such an excellent time.  There's something about being in the Impress store....I always buy way too much...go figure...Big shout out to Kimberly for sharing the picture!  We also met another fun stamper that sat at our table, Laura Norris, gotta love the instant connection paper crafting tends to bring!  She isn't a blogger, yet...but perhaps we can persuade her to start a blog!  Thanks to Tonya and Kimberly for all the enabling.

Today is going to be a bittersweet day for me as a Momma.  We're moving my oldest into her own apartment today...sigh.  Seriously, where does the time go?  I'm crossing my fingers that I don't go all sobby, I keep reminding myself that I moved out when I was 19 too.


Comments

Fabulous…. it's not bittersweet, it's a milestone, and you can be sad, but proud.
Leigh Penner said…
Oh, this is fabulous, Amy! Great take on the sketch!
dstandard said…
What a beautiful card! Love this!
Rachel said…
amy, this card is just amazing. i can't even count how many layers you have on here, but it all blends together flawlessly! Congrats to your daughter, i know she must be over the moon excited :) I hope you post pictures of the great things you made with Julie E!
tonyamaries said…
Absolutely beautiful card Amy! Good luck with the move today.
Diane Jaquay said…
So many beautiful layers on this card, Amy, I LOVE it!!!
Tracey McNeely said…
So much to talk about. Your card is so gorgeous, you handled the sketch beautifully! Thank you so much for joining us for the SFYTY. Your day of classes sounds fabulous, lucky girl! Now for your daughter, be strong, we are going to be doing this in August, but but he is already not living here this summer with being in Port Carling. Yes all too fast. Be strong mama! <3
Sherry Eckblad said…
Lucky you taking a class from Julie. Love all the layers of your card and that star banner.
Virginia L. said…
Your card is gorgeous with all those layers and elements, Amy! I am super jealous of you being in Seattle AND taking class with JE!!! Hugs to you about your DD....it must be hard. I am enjoying having my kids living at home at the moment.
I love what you've been doing with vellum lately--very inspiring! Good luck with the big move today!
Michelle said…
Lovely! The soft colors are fun star banner make this truly special.
Awwwwww big hugs soul Sista! I will be going thru that next year with Adam :( I loveeeeeee the card!! LOVING the colors and the banner!! And sounds like an AWESOME class!! LOVING the photo!!!!
Jinny Newlin said…
Aw, big hugs, momma! She'll be just fine. I remember being so excited, at 18, to be out on my own, but it was always nice to know I could come home to visit ;). And I'm just loving what you've done with this line! It pairs so beautifully with the felt and vellum... Such fantastic textures!
maria f. said…
You are SO. DARN. LUCKY. THEE J.E. Wow. And... I love your party on a card.
Laura Norris said…
Hi Amy!
It was so fun meeting you yesterday in Julie's class. I love that instant connection with other stampers! Your card is beautiful - I know I will enjoy following your blog! Hope the move went smoothly, and you were strong!
Anonymous said…
I took classes in Sacramento from Julie last year, it was so fun! I missed this year because it was my daughters baby shower. I love your layered card, so cute!!! It's 106 here today is norhtern ca, hot :-)
Ashley Horton said…
Love the pretty layers on your card Amy, and great use of the FP!! I hope everything went smoothly with getting your girlie moved!!
Miriam Prantner said…
Love the layers, especially the vellum and all the minty /blue color, and how fun to be able to take some classes from Julie!
Jennifer said…
Gorgeous and fun card! I love all the patterns. Sorry for being so absent...life is busy. Great picture (lucky girls!) and hugs and best wishes for your daughter.
Keren Baker said…
Oooh- lots of beautiful layers- a bit, I guess, like your daughter. Hope you say 'see you soon' in a lovely way & if you're sobby, so what?! It means you love her! x
Audrey Pettit said…
Ooh, what a gorgeous card, Amy! Love the papers and all those amazing layers, and the texture is fabulous! So love the visual depth from the combo of vellum, embossing, and felt banner. Adorable! So fun to hear about your classes. And really hope you're doing ok after your daughter's big move! I know how bittersweet it must be!
Jingle said…
This is super pretty! I love the layers!
Shelly said…
This is gorgeous, Amy! Love all the papers and layers! So sweet!
Evelin said…
awww.... it's hard for a mum when her kids move out... :) You can visit still and she can too :D

ANd I love your card! The colors are so sweet and those layers are so yummy! <3
Cris G. said…
Love all the layers, and of course the vellum is always a great touch.
Well, time flies, is true, but you look so young that it seems to fly away from you :). Hard to believe that you have grown up kids...
Lynnda said…
Your card is beautiful Sista!!! Hugs...x
donna mikasa said…
So lucky to have met THEE Julie Ebersole and have stampy fun with friends! Love all the layered goodness on your card, too!
cm said…
A course with THE Julie E? Oh my...how awesome x amazing that is. And Kimberly too?? And YOU?? I'm green with envy!! What a group of amazing, talented, creative people. WOW! Your card is gorgeous; you've really made those papers shine (and $4? Another WOW!). Hope the move went well; remember, you're not too far away from your girl... Hugs~c
Michelle said…
Just scrolling by, Miss Amy, and this card caught my eye. Love the colors and the banners at the top.
I didn't know you were in the PNW too - and yes, great weather here lately. It cooled down a bit, but still delightful and beautiful.
Have a good one!