stripes & blooms




Hi ya!

I have a little giftie that I put together for a friend.

I love the Whisker Graphic bags, this one is White Horizontal Stripe Middy Bag:


These are such multi-purpose bags...you can use them for envelopes or for goodie bags...so many other options for them too!

I decided to combine it to be goodie and an envelope, here's the card that will go inside it:


We learned so many techniques from a class that I took from Julie Ebersole.  I'm saving my class cards for postings in the next couple of weeks.  

This card is 4.25 x 6.0 inches...it fits wonderfully in the middy bag.

I masked off the watercolor paper panel with wide washi and used the following inks:

distress ink picked raspberry
distress ink squeezed lemonade
mister huey's sherbet

I quickly watered down the exposed watercolor paper and them grabbed some of the inks that I squeezed onto a clear stamp block with a paint brush.  I like the contrast of the border vs the co-mingling of the inks within the block of color.

Isn't that hello graphic bloom awesome?!  It's one of my many purchases at Impress...LOVE that shop.

Here's the set together:

cardstock:  stampin' up crumb cake, strathmore watercolor  stamps:  impress  ink: hero arts hues black, distress ink squeezed lemonade/picked raspberry, mister huey's sherbet  other:  canvas home basics bloom, misc wood heart


My project was inspired by






Thanks for stoppin' by!


Comments

Celeste Goff said…
What a pretty project! I will most certainly have to try watercoloring sometime soon. It looks like fun.
cm said…
Your bag is so darn cute, sporting its bright orange flower. And your card...oh my! That water colour panel is *the* perfect background for your hello flower. Delightful gift combo! Hugs~c
dstandard said…
Adorable - love the little bag with the card inside!
the bloom is so perfect for the challenge, here I was thinking you made it, but yeah for using your stash.
Jingle said…
SUCH a cute bag!!! I love the card, too! What a great way to present a pretty card!
Shelly said…
LOVE.THIS. Such a sweet and perfect bag! And the card is so pretty!
tonyamaries said…
I love this! Great job with the watercolor technique!
Virginia L. said…
Love your watercolor inking with your new stamp! The colors reminds me of Sherbet!! YUM! I adore that paper flower with the GW bag! Can't wait to see your samples from Julie's class!
jessica said…
What a great gift Amy! Love that card!!!!!
Kay Miller said…
Oh gosh! Could that be any cuter!! That little ruffled flower is so cute and I adore the card to go along!!
Cute card, but that envelope - swoon!
Diane Jaquay said…
SO beautiful, Amy, both the bag and the card!!
Anonymous said…
Beautiful watercoloring, and a great bag, she will love it!!
Julia Aston said…
What a gorgeous bloom Amy! this is a lovely package for your sweet card!
Shannon J said…
Lucky, lucky person who will be receiving this sweet gift combo!! It's fab, Amy!!
Stacey Schafer said…
love love love this, Amy! i see your new stamp on there!
Marlena M. said…
So pretty Amy! I love the bloom~
alexandra s.m. said…
i love them both Amy!
as in super-ADORABLE!
Sherry Eckblad said…
Love the card and that orange bloom. Can't wait to see your cards from class. Wish we had an impress store here.
OMYGOSH!! I love love love these!! LOVING that FLOWER on the bag!!!!
Ashley Horton said…
Beautiful Amy!! Love your fun card and the bloom on the bag is so pretty!!
Laura Norris said…
Love this!! Julie's class was so much fun, wasn't it? I love to take her ideas and make them my own, like you did here. Great paper flower on the bag, and the card is wonderful! Great stamp purchase :)
yyam said…
So pretty! I love an in-your-face bloom! lol
yyam said…
So pretty! I love an in-your-face bloom! lol
Annette Allen said…
oh my word i totally love this.. that big embellishment is perfect.. great job
Lynn said…
Oh hello fabulousness. Awesome Amy! So happy to see you at Fusion.
Joni Andaya said…
Oh so love the treat bag...gorgeous flower and card!!!
Mona Pendleton said…
So very cute! Love the fun blossom Amy!
Deepti said…
The bag is as attractive as a card, what a lovely way to present a card !
Audrey Pettit said…
Awww, seriously gorgeous gift set, Amy! So love that stripey kraft bag, and that flower is stunning. Love the wood heart center. And your card is really adorable, too. Such a fun watercolored masked background. Love it!
Helen F. said…
Beautiful bloom on your sweet treat bag, Amy. Wonderful card to go inside too :)
YUMMY girl!!!

Thanks for joining us at FUSION!!!
Loving your color wash with the black image! Glad to see you using those wood mount- haha! Whomever gets that gifty is going to be one lucky girl!!!!!!! :)