coffee = sunny smiles.





Happy Sunday!


So I've had this Stamps of Life set, coffee4two, with the coordinating dies for, well, awhile.  I bought it from the fabulous Niki Garcia.

I had so much fun playing with them yesterday.  It always makes me feel productive when I use something highly neglected for the first time

Why yes, the cup is wood veneer!

The paper is from my Simon Says Stamp August kit.

The sentiment is SRM Sticker is from their Summer collection.  I smacked it on a wood veneer circle that I picked up in J's unfinished wood section.

I was inspired by



I loved seeing this on Taheerah's blog...we're in the process of putting together a joint office...darin already has an office downstairs so we're converting the girl's room {she is living in her apartment} into a joint office for me and the boy!  Currently he does his homework in his room, sitting on his bed, watching TV.  Don't get me wrong, it works...he had all A's last year but having a joint office will be even better.  I'm moving my computer over there, along with the printer.

Anywho's, my card was inspired by:

All the exposed wood
the pops of color {especially from the washi}:  coffee sleeve
smidges of white:  coffee lid

My card was also inspired by



Yay for this challenge!  I LOVE shaped cards but never seem to make any!

and the last challenge...



I was, if you didn't figure it out already, inspired by the coffee challenge!

Comments

Unknown said…
YAY! So glad it's being put to good use! Awesome job with the wood veneer and sweet paperpiecing. Hope your weekend is going well!
Joan B said…
oh this is adorable. love all that wood. I could not share an office. My husband and I tried that I talked NON STOP. HA! Your son sounds terrific.
Celeste Goff said…
What a great card Amy! I love the wood veneer element!
Lindsay said…
Now this is one awesome card Amy! Gah! I love the coffee cup shape and the papers...everything!
Michelle said…
LOVE this coffee cup card!
Lynn said…
Absolutely adorable!
Taheerah said…
Now this certainly perked up my Sunday!! I just *love* that woodgrain cup with just the right amount of colour pop from the band! Awesome sentiment sticker too! Thanks so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!
Lynnda said…
Love this card!! Great and fabulous design !! And cute too! Hugs x
None None said…
This is fabulous, Amy, and so you!! I love the wood veneer coffee cup and the colors you used. I am not a coffee drinker (sacre bleu!!), but I would happily drink my vanilla steamed milk if it came in a a cup with this pop of color. ;)

Hope the office reno continues to come along well. Now,I need to find some wood veneer to add to my craft stash - interesting that I have not seen it in my local stores or on line yet. I must not be looking in the right places.
Ohhhhhhhhhhh this is sooooooooo fun! I love love love love the cup shape and of course the wood!!!!!
Lesley said…
Wood veneer! Cool! Love this sweet coffee cup, Amy!! Hugs!
Virginia L. said…
I am so glad that you are prompted by the challenges...your coffee shape card is AWESOME! I adore the lovely colors and use of SRM sentiment! CLEVER design, Amy! Congrats on the Virginia's View Facebook feature!
Angi Barrs said…
Love this super adorable card!
Annette Allen said…
oh my this is SO FUN.. i love the shape.. very fun Amy
berryblue said…
I love that feeling of using things I've been neglecting! Your card is so fun! I love the color in the belly band!
Ashley Horton said…
Love your fun shaped card, Amy!!
yyam said…
Awwww...this is super cute!
Jessi Fogan said…
I love this! Such a fun card - me too I love shaped cards but never make them :)
Oh, a coffee shaped card, awesome! And my desk looks just like that photo (laughing).
lauren bergold said…
omg! you soooooooooo totally had me at "wood veneer coffee cup"!!! :) but then of course i am WOW-ed by how many challenges you have totally ROCKED with this one amazingly fabulous card! YOWZA!

ps: can't wait to see pics of the joint office, i bet it will be awesome!
jessica said…
LOVE your card Amy!!!!
AWESOME job!!!
Audrey Pettit said…
So, so cute, Amy! What a FUN idea for a shaped card! Absolutely love the wood veneer you used for the cup!
Sylvia said…
You are indeed the queen of coffee, Amy, love all the creativity flowing here! Love the colors!
Jinny Newlin said…
So fun! Love the veneer and those bright, happy scallops!
Anita said…
So cute my friend.
June Houck said…
What a cute shape card so perfect for Virginia's challenge and of course The SRM Challenge inspiration photo :)

Adorbs, Amy!
Chrissy Larson said…
Hmmm...I wonder if I like this card...OF COURSE! Love the wood!
Shelly said…
Hmmm...I thought I comment on this, but I guess not! ;)

This is absolutely, ADORABLE! Love the wood veneer coffee cup and love the bright, happy paper! So sweet! Thanks too, for playing with us at The SRM Challenge! ;)
Sheila H said…
That coffee cup is so cute! I saw it on Virginia's View and had to tell you how much I like it.
cm said…
Hello *waving* Time for me to catch up, and this coffee card post - on a Saturday morning - is a perfect starting point! Adorable in every way! Sharing an office with your boy sounds excellent: bonding opportunities!
Hugs~c
Unknown said…
love this and love coffee too!!!! Love this little cup card you made so much :)